Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here you go Tigerking79
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 84
| visibility 1

Here you go Tigerking79

Aug 18, 2012, 10:08 AM

This is a 2011 review from back in January... they talk about the highs and the lows, because we definitely had both!

Here's the entire review: http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/1/31/2689950/2011-football-season-review

But this was the one statement that's just flat out true:

"So now the question is whether we support Swinney. We have 3 main goals here that I hold Clemson to every year: win 10 games, win the ACC, and stomp Sakerlina. I also have said that I would not donate money to Clemson until I saw an effort to fix things.

Well, the BOT got involved last December and kicked those facilities plans into motion, and IPTAY pledged matching funding that they've been sitting on for years to donations (which is what we donated the money to them for in the first place). We pushed for the training table, and we'll get it. We complained and pushed for an Indoor facility, and it'll start breaking ground in March. I'm considering donating to IPTAY again at least.

Dabo is going to be Dabo. He's up and down, and this team took that persona. He's going to call out fans when he wins who doubt his genius, and that is not going to sit well with a lot of us. When he loses, he'll get defensive, and then lie and say he doesnt read the internet. After the dust settles he'll get on the internet and do what is suggested. So, Dabs, before you go out and lecture the fans, media, alumni, and all the other people who throw their energy and money into this program, you'd better give your speeches to your own team so they dont quit in a game.

But he did manage to win 10 games and an ACC Title, and for that we'll support him as coach another year. I'd extend his contract as is, but not with a raise beyond the stipulated one he's due for the ACC Title. The primary negative is his losing streak to SC, which is unacceptable, so I would not give him a larger buyout. He has not proved that the oil change cleansed the system because we're still as bipolar as we were under Bowden."

Even if this is an opinion, that last sentence is absolutely true. When we were high, we were HIGH! And when we were low, we were LOW. Bipolar. We went thru 10 years of it with Bowden. The only gleaming light after last year is that we finally got over the hump and won the ACC! Which is awesome... but it's not the end all tell all.

Message was edited by: SonsOfClemson®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

That article leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

Aug 18, 2012, 10:20 AM

It's difficult to taste bile when one has his own venom. I'm presuming that you can't recognize the horrible attitude the writer has.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see someone who speaks out loud what most think.

Aug 18, 2012, 10:25 AM

The stuff he says is true... you just don't like the way he goes about it.

You greatly overestimate that "most" feel that way***

Aug 18, 2012, 10:45 AM

Re: You greatly overestimate that "most" feel that way***

Aug 18, 2012, 11:58 AM

"Most" is such an abused word these days!! Son, you`re a flake!!!

Just because you agree with those weakly based opinions...

Aug 18, 2012, 12:28 PM [ in reply to I see someone who speaks out loud what most think. ]

..doesn't make them "true". Hth.

Re: Just because you agree with those weakly based opinions...

Aug 18, 2012, 3:56 PM

And just because you dont agree doesnt mean that they are not true!

So you're saying it's speculatory at best?...

Aug 19, 2012, 12:40 PM

LOL. You're not smart, but most ##### aren't.

Re: I see someone who speaks out loud what most think.

Aug 19, 2012, 7:33 PM [ in reply to I see someone who speaks out loud what most think. ]

can you name a team that wins every game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That article leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

Aug 18, 2012, 10:27 AM [ in reply to That article leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. ]

Why is the writer expected/required to have a good attitude to comment on Clemson ball?

I'm optimistic in general...but I don't expect everyone to agree with me. And just because someone doesn't agree with me or is a meanie pants doesn't make their perspective less valuable than mine.

I don't think his response is b/c of him not having

Aug 18, 2012, 1:58 PM

a good attitude in this piece, it's the pattern of continual negative attitude and attacks that gets annoying. When you constantly harp on the same things and continue with the same attitude that shows you're not being objective but rather that you have some kind of agenda.

Same thing would go with someone who is rosey all the time. The fact is there has never been a time where you couldn't write articles about good or bad things going on with the program. There's always something you can write both ways. It's like that everywhere. It's ok to write about the bad things b/c they do exist. The problem lies when you choose to only focus on 1 side and ignore the other. That's not good being fair and it's not being a good writer. I think STS fails miserably in that aspect.

I think Blue Caddie might be the writer for them***

Aug 18, 2012, 2:39 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt, esp since he claims their articles are fact***

Aug 18, 2012, 2:41 PM

Re: That article leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.

Aug 18, 2012, 1:49 PM [ in reply to That article leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. ]

thats called honesty and the tone in which it is written does not matter

I don't believe the last sentence is true

Aug 18, 2012, 10:24 AM

That's your opinion only. In fact I don't believe most of what is written there either. Not a surprise though considering the source. Don't really feel like debating it right now either, maybe another time :)

I don't think there is anything to debate.

Aug 18, 2012, 10:27 AM

you can't tell me with a straight face that we weren't just as bipolar last year as we ever were with Bowden. That's not an opinion.

never won an acc title or had a ten win season under bowden***

Aug 18, 2012, 10:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: never won an acc title or had a ten win season under bowden***

Aug 18, 2012, 10:38 AM

That has nothing to with it. He didn't say "we're just as average as we were under Bowden"

He said we were "just as bipolar" as we were under him. And after beating 4 top 25 opponents...and then getting blown out 4 other games...that's the very definition of bipolar in that context.

we didn't get blown out by GT***

Aug 18, 2012, 10:46 AM

Re: we didn't get blown out by GT***

Aug 18, 2012, 10:47 AM

I guess on the scoreboard we didn't. But watching the game...it was pretty hopeless all game long.

Re: we didn't get blown out by GT***

Aug 18, 2012, 11:53 AM [ in reply to we didn't get blown out by GT*** ]

Against a team who doesn't throw the ball, that's blown out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're hanging your hat on one game. Was it awesome that

Aug 18, 2012, 10:38 AM [ in reply to never won an acc title or had a ten win season under bowden*** ]

we FINALLY won an ACC Title again... absolutely!!! But that's not the end of the story. Go back and look at our losses... and how we lost... and let's not forget the team that we can't apparently beat anymore.

Bipolar is having no rhyme or reason to wins

Aug 18, 2012, 10:37 AM [ in reply to I don't think there is anything to debate. ]

and losses. Having a bad loss, then winning a big game, then having a bad loss. Under Bowden that happened a lot.

We were just setting a foundation last year and had a very young team overall in terms of the number of freshmen and sophomores playing. We got off to a great start and then started to get exposed more or less with our weaknesses as the season wore on.

Our faults were very consistent the last few games of the year and so was our play. It showed what our greatest weaknesses were on the team and what we need to improve to take another step with the program.

We obviously weren't a perfect football team last year and weren't good enough to contend for a BCS title or anything like that, but I liked the direction we are headed in and there was nothing I saw that was bipolar about it and nothing what we looked like under Bowden. What you said is very much an opinion and this is mine!

Bipolar? How about simply a team dominated by freshmen and

Aug 18, 2012, 10:37 AM [ in reply to I don't think there is anything to debate. ]

sophomores learning how to win? Exactly how many teams were consistent in every game last year? It's far easier to harp on the negatives than to look at the overall picture. We're young again this year as well, so I'd expect some downs as well as the pretty high, highs. Major steps were taken last year that far outweighed the lows, and more progress will be shown this year. These are bloggers, not coaches. Their opinion is just that. They are entitled to it, but they have no real credibility

You can't see the forest through the trees. We had 29 true .

Aug 18, 2012, 12:40 PM [ in reply to I don't think there is anything to debate. ]

or redshirt freshman who were playing significant time - the most in the entire country. Plus we installed a brand new offensive scheme with a first year starter at QB. Plus our defense was a liability.

That's a recipe for some extreme ups and downs.

Please get a clue. Overall, there aren't many coaches in the history of the game who have accomplished as much as Dabo has in his first 3 years as a head coach.

They grudgingly give credit

Aug 18, 2012, 10:26 AM

pots shots at Dabo abound, like the line saying Dabo called out fans who "question his genius." That's just petty.

Re: They grudgingly give credit

Aug 18, 2012, 10:37 AM

Oh come on...Dabo is passionate and he can be very petty at times. That is who he is, and I completely agree with SonsofClemson--you cant go 6-7 one year and think that we are over Bowden without consistently winning.

Dabo also squandered the riches of Spiller and Ford by hiring Napier (and I still like Napier a lot) so he didn't deliver on the oil change. He deserves all the credit in the world for hiring Chad but lets not pretend like he is immune to criticism.

Honest critique is one thing

Aug 18, 2012, 10:43 AM

taking everything you don't deem as acceptable and driving it in to the ground is another. STS didn't like the Dabo hire, and have done everything they can to discredit him since. It's the tone, not the content most of the time. They don't like the guy. If you feel that way that's your right, but don't present yourself as the guardian of the program when your credibility is basically you know how to start a blog on the internet

Re: Honest critique is one thing

Aug 18, 2012, 6:57 PM

and I want base your credibility on the fact that you can post on a message board on the internet.

What's the difference in posting here and writing a blog?

Aug 18, 2012, 8:18 PM

None, exactly my point

uh dude he says he supports Dabo as head coach for one...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:33 AM

more year after we won our first ACC title in 20 years. Then states we are just like we were under Bowden. Let's get this straight, we never had a 10 win season or an ACC title under Bowden. That whole article is a smear job of Dabo.

Re: uh dude he says he supports Dabo as head coach for one...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:36 AM

So you don't agree that we were bi-polar this year? Your ACC title point kind of hammers the point home.

We got blown out 2 straight weeks by NC State, and South Carolina...and then the next week go and blow out a team that's just as good as both. And then the bowl game.

Is that not bipolar? What's wrong about that?

You keep stating the obvious, but aren't addressing the point. Get on the same page.

No we weren't Bipolar last year…..

Aug 18, 2012, 10:44 AM

The whole season, the defense was terrible except against VT. There was nothing bipolar about our defense, it was just terrible all season long. The offense carried the team the whole season long. The losses at the end of season were due to Ellington being out against GT, Phillip Price being out against NC State and SCU, and the fact that your offense can't carry the team the whole season long with zero help from the defense. We had our worst defense ever last season. There was nothing bipolar about the team. The losses were due to the fact that the defense contributed virtually nothing all season long, putting to much pressure on the offense to score every time they had the ball, and that caught up with us at the end of the season.

Re: No we weren't Bipolar last year…..

Aug 18, 2012, 10:46 AM

The offense and defense played equally as bad in a few games, namely GT, NC state, Wake, and South Carolina.

Luckily we won the wake game. But the other games could have been a lot worse given how many turnovers we had.

Orange Bowl was all defense. Just flat out gave up.

If you can't realize that the offense carried the team….

Aug 18, 2012, 10:53 AM

last year, then you simply know very little about football.

Re: If you can't realize that the offense carried the team….

Aug 18, 2012, 11:12 AM

I didn't say that. Learn how to read and stop taking words out of my mouth.

I said that the offense and defense played equally as bad in 3 of our losses and 1 of our wins.

God it's painful to have a discussion with you. You miss the point of everything. It's like talking to a teenager.

dear god...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:49 AM [ in reply to No we weren't Bipolar last year….. ]

please explain how our defense shut down Auburn from scoring more in the 2nd half... or how our defense stopped FSU when they absolutely had to... or how they COMPLETELY shut down VaTech in Blacksburg and in the ACCCG... but yet can play the way they did against MD, NCST, GT, SCAR and WVU. This team was up and down after our hot start. You are BLIND if you can't see that.

Dude, the defense was just plain bad

Aug 18, 2012, 10:54 AM

period.

I agree with you..

Aug 18, 2012, 10:56 AM

but it doesn't mean we weren't bipolar last year. we were. defense, offense, everything.

We were inconsistent, not bipolar

Aug 18, 2012, 11:01 AM

bipolar is not curable, just treatable. Our shortcomings are curable

Our defense didn't stop FSU until the last play of the game

Aug 18, 2012, 10:56 AM [ in reply to dear god... ]

if it wasn't for the defense we would have blown out FSU. And by the way Auburn's offense was terrible last season. Oh by the way we beat Maryland, the offense played unbelievably great that game, Maryland scored so many points because of how bad our defense was, which I have pointed out already.

You're pretty much naming all the teams we

Aug 18, 2012, 11:03 AM [ in reply to dear god... ]

ended with. Our defense wasn't that good and we were exposed. We weren't bipolar our D just collapsed down the stretch when teams made adjustments against us. Va Tech runs a very basic offense and we were a bad matchup for them simply b/c of our athleticism. Unfortunately we didn't play more teams like VT's offense. That proved to be the exception, not the rule.

Which is exactly why Venables was brought in

Aug 18, 2012, 11:10 AM

he's used to playing spread offenses. Even in a down year last year OU still ranked #21 in total defense, and thagt against some truly great offenses in the Big12

yep***

Aug 18, 2012, 11:14 AM

so...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:37 AM [ in reply to uh dude he says he supports Dabo as head coach for one... ]

you would be completely happy with us winning 10 games and/or an ACC championship, and lose the 4 games we lost the way we lost them every year? I sure as hell don't. And you shouldn't either. That's the point they're trying to drive across.

Never said that….

Aug 18, 2012, 10:51 AM

you can't realize that we had a very young team last season. The AD was too cheap to hire John Chavis, Dabo's preferred choice for DC, so we got stuck with Kevin Steele. Same thing with Napier, the AD was being too cheap to hire a higher quality OC. That's changed and we know have two great coordinators in Venables and Morris. Our recruiting is great. Everything is looking up. If you like being a Debbie Downer, when everything is looking up for our Football Program, then so be it.

never said the program wasn't headed in the right direction.

Aug 18, 2012, 10:53 AM

its just that some people can't take the bad with the good, even though the good is something we haven't tasted for a while. there's still bad, and it's not a sin to talk about it. that's all.

Clemson football is on an upswing for sure.

the question should be

Aug 18, 2012, 10:59 AM

Does STS say the program is heading in the right direction? How can they when they say they'll support Dabo at least for this year. It is either heading in the right direction and we support that, or it isn't.

I believe they do... but are cautiously optimistic...

Aug 18, 2012, 11:02 AM

and to be honest, they along with any other Clemson fan, has a right to feel that way. We saw what can happen when you get too giddy over an exciting end of the season run, etc... you can get complacent, and ignore the glaring issues. That's what Clemson went through with Bowden. Tommy did a lot of good for the program, but he also did some not so good... hopefully Clemson learned it's lesson with him.

I see little optimism

Aug 18, 2012, 11:08 AM

whenever you accentuate the negatives far more than the positives, optimism loses. This year we'll have some struggles again. When 14 of your 16 OL are freshmen and sophomores and 13 of 14 of your DL are the same, there are going to be bumps and a learning curve. They will lay blame, instead of being fair and understanding this. I guarantee it

Unless you have proof, I'm not buying the "cheap"

Aug 18, 2012, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Never said that…. ]

comments. We have the highest paid assistants in the country and have consistently been near the top since Dabo took over. Money has never been an issue nor has it been reported to be. I just think those were 2 choices by Dabo that didn't work out and we move on. Happens all the time to every program. You can't hit a grand slam with every hire.

I'm talking about before Venables and Morris was hired...

Aug 18, 2012, 10:58 AM

I was referring to Dabo's first full season as head coach, and how the AD let LSU out bid us for John Chavis. And also not looking for a better OC than Napier, who had zero experience.

We've paid well since Dabo started here

Aug 18, 2012, 11:09 AM

He seemed to want Napier from the get go. Chavis got $500,000 from LSU and Steele got $681,000. Don't see how we were outbid.

I will say articles on Google have a discrepancy

Aug 18, 2012, 11:13 AM

on Chavis salary, so if you go with what USA Today quotes the coaches on at the end of 2010, Chavis was making $700,000 and Steele $681,000 so I don't really think we were being outbid.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2010-12-20-oregon-staff-bonuses_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Re: I will say articles on Google have a discrepancy

Aug 18, 2012, 11:35 AM

if you look at the previous year when both coaches were hired, chavis is listed at 450 and steele at 375. steele got a big raise between years 1 and 2 because tennessee came calling for him.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2009-coaches-contracts-database.htm

Chavis got 800,000 from LSU***

Aug 18, 2012, 12:30 PM [ in reply to We've paid well since Dabo started here ]

Where do you see that? 2 links here contradict that.***

Aug 18, 2012, 12:34 PM

here….

Aug 18, 2012, 12:40 PM

I was off 100,000 dollars.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2011/01/lsu_football_defensive_coordin_2.html

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/story/2012-04-24/lsu-john-chavis-pay-raise/54510482/1

Now he is making 1.1 million a year.

Understood, but that wasn't what he was hired on

Aug 18, 2012, 12:43 PM

and at that point when he was making $700,000 in the link you referenced Steele was making $681,000 at Clemson. So I don't see where there's a big money difference and us being cheap.

But they do so in a very petty, small way

Aug 18, 2012, 10:53 AM [ in reply to so... ]

it's a blog. It's amateurs posing as experts. It's got some good stuff but the commentary has a definite slant, as do most blogs. Opinion is rarely objective, but rather, influenced by personal views and agendas. That's what a blog is

Then be a man, not a child, stop being petty exactly like you

Aug 18, 2012, 11:42 AM

claim the blogger is being, and admit the blogger was spot on, but say in your opinion he could have delivered the message in a better way.

Nothing in there is incorrect. It is spot on, but yea, it was chippy and had an edge. As it should. Wake up. Far far more fans feel this way than you TNET kool aid drinkers think.

We're tired of this BS. We had 10 years of this under TB and finally get rid of him, only to see Barker once again micromanage TDP and we hire a guy no other BCS program would even interview, much less hire, for any job but recruiting. People are fed up with the losing. And I'm sorry, but winning 1 ACC title in an ACC at an all time low does not excuse a losing season, 3 consecutive butt whippins to usc, a lousy 1-3 bowl record versus weak competition, the Orange Bowl embarrassment, blow outs to inferior teams, no top 20 finishes, and sloppy ugly play even when we win. That 1 ACC title doesn't cover up all that other nonsense.

Yes, Dabo accomplished something TB didn't, largely based on some luck and breaks. He's also failed in ways TB didn't. Any even remotely objective fan with some football knowledge would look at Clemson and Dabo and think the past 3 years have been pretty much no different than the TB years.

I will say this in Dabo's favor ...

1. We look like we have more potential right now than at any time since RichRod left. Dabo has realized he is not an offensive coordinator nor an X's and O's guy. He has finally hired the best coordinators he can get.

2. He has continued the excellent recruiting that TB had his last 3 full seasons. Dabo is given way too much credit for TB's last 3 classes, and his classes have not been significantly better despite what folks claim. But recruiting the past 6 or 7 years has been the best since Ford.

So I see better days ahead and Dabo deserves some credit for that, but now it's time for the BS rants and jibberish to stop. It's time for the bipolar and inconsistent play to stop. It's time to stop pulling a Clemson. It's time to stop being blown out by teams with inferior talent. It's time to win some bowl games, beat the overrated chickens, and start finishing in the top 15.

Anything else is unacceptable. With the staff and talent we now have in place, anything else is unacceptable. If we remain inconsistent. If we don't make significant improvement. There can only be one outcome. Dabo must go. The time for excuses is over. No significant improvement the next two years means there is only one person to blame ... the head coach.

"Tnet kool-aid drinkers.........."

Aug 18, 2012, 11:50 AM

you forgot commie liberals.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong forum but sadly we have too many on here. ;-)***

Aug 18, 2012, 11:53 AM

You bring up that I'm a liberal on a lot of my football….

Aug 18, 2012, 12:34 PM

related posts, so you have no place to say wrong forum. When you point that out about me in about 90% of your replies to my sport related posts. Somebody's political leanings has nothing to with football or any other sport.

Don't waste your time with him, not worth it!***

Aug 18, 2012, 12:36 PM

it's not worth it, but it's fun to keep him rambling on***

Aug 18, 2012, 12:41 PM

pull the stick out your ###. did you not see the smiley face

Aug 19, 2012, 7:27 PM [ in reply to You bring up that I'm a liberal on a lot of my football…. ]

and the sarcasm? there was clearly a smiley and i was clearly being sarcastic. same as you.

Funny you would mention that...

Aug 19, 2012, 8:11 PM

..since you're a known homosexual. You're attempts at "sarcasm" are even weaker than your attempts at citing "facts". You fail every single time.

i did exactly that in other posts on this thread

Aug 18, 2012, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Then be a man, not a child, stop being petty exactly like you ]

what we need to recognize is that the opinions of STS carry no more weight than the opinions of you and me. It's a blog.

I do not agree everything they say is correct***

Aug 18, 2012, 12:18 PM

Much of what was written was FACT.***

Aug 18, 2012, 12:24 PM [ in reply to i did exactly that in other posts on this thread ]

Here you go AGAIN! It's OPINION!

Aug 18, 2012, 12:28 PM

Quit throwing around the word fact if you don't know what it means. What they said isn't fact and neither I nor Striperfan agree with all of it. Just b/c you do does not make it true!

In your opinion-your opinion is not always fact

Aug 18, 2012, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Much of what was written was FACT.*** ]

neither is mine. It's an opinion. Just because you agree with it does not make it a fact.

Poor Faddy. You wouldn't know a "fact" if it ..

Aug 18, 2012, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Much of what was written was FACT.*** ]

..crawled up your butt and tickled your sphincter. Then again, you make like that.

Faddy just because you want it to be true doesn't make it so

Aug 18, 2012, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Then be a man, not a child, stop being petty exactly like you ]

Nice job of keeping up your track record of never being right about anything. Ever.

By the way, you gonna come around after your ##### lose to Vandy? Looking forward to it.

Re: Striperfan ate his wheaties this morning

Aug 18, 2012, 11:21 AM

I couldnt agree more with each one of your post. Well said and numerous points to you my friend.

That sounds like something Uttles would write.

Aug 18, 2012, 12:25 PM

Whatever happened to the ol' pUtz anyway?

A lot of over sensitive Tiger Fans on T-Net (long)

Aug 18, 2012, 1:05 PM

Call it "bi-polar", call it poor Defense, call it Tajh's admitted overconfidence at mid-season last year, call it a lack of defensive coaching, call it whatever you want. The Tigers we all pull for week-in and week-out were up and down last year, tailed off at the end of the season, and finally flat out quit in the Orange Bowl ... one of the worst bowl losses of all time in the history of college football. It was not pretty and not fun to attempt to defend.

Dabo recognized the buck stops with him. He did the right thing in canning Steele. A no-brainer. And he picked the right man for the job in Venables.

It's a new season. Our skill players are phenomenally talented, and our lines are inexperienced. Expect some inconsistency early as the lines learn from game experience.

How will we improve throughout the year? Will we compete every week with no quitting on either side of ball? Will we be at our best against SC and in bowl game? Will Clemson fans and alumni see toughness and play they appreciate on the field? Will the coaches successfully coach up the raw talent like Lateek, Martavis and Charone or play the perceived safer players who lack the skill sets to beat the best teams on our schedule. And will the Tiger play on the field encourage improved contributions to the program? These are some of the questions that matter.

Some on the T-Net Board will give unconditional love to our head coach and players no matter how Clemson performs on the field; they religiously ignore any negatives associated with the program out of loyalty and rip anyone who criticizes any aspect of Tiger Football. This approach did not work out well for PSU fans.

On the other side, some on this Board expect to win every game every year; they tear down our coaches and players by Monday-morning Quarterbacking every poor play. These kids are going to make mistakes every Saturday. The players also make mistakes every Sunday in the NFL.

Guess what? It's an opinion board and this is America. Feel free to express your opinions. If the emperor has no clothes, feel free to provide a heads-up.

Meanwhile, our Tiger Football Program is moving in the right direction. Amen to that. Anyway, that's how I see it as of Aug 18, 2012. As an '84 alum, I'm looking forward to this season and every season to come. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out errors

Aug 19, 2012, 12:51 PM

by players, coaches, AD and even our university. I think when they are constructive they may be productive. If nothing else, it helps us to get rid of the disappointment by talking it through.

When it comes to taking cheap shots at a sitting coach by mispronouncing and misspelling his name the goal is not to produce better football but to slander the coach. This comes from one's opinion of the coach before the incident occurred. If you don't like someone it's pretty easy to get stick your nose in every crack and find a smelly spot.

Anyone who can't see that STS is doing just that either appreciates, shares and endorses the slander or has a reading comprehension problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well said, point.***

Aug 19, 2012, 7:30 PM [ in reply to A lot of over sensitive Tiger Fans on T-Net (long) ]

Faddy, you do realize you're one of these #####, right?...

Aug 19, 2012, 8:39 PM

"...they tear down our coaches and players by Monday-morning Quarterbacking every poor play. These kids are going to make mistakes every Saturday. The players also make mistakes every Sunday in the NFL."

Just curious, are you planning to come around this board after Vandy beats you?

Shaking the south land?

Aug 18, 2012, 2:38 PM

They never post anything positive

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, they guys love Clemson but they didn't get the coach..

Aug 19, 2012, 12:57 PM

they wanted. They'll always represent a small portion of Clemson fans. That is unless we can hire two or three hundred HCs at once.

"Tardnet," is their pet name for the website that blows them out of the water. T-Net has ten times the following than STS. Partly because you can come to T-Net and disagree with the website's owners openly without repercussions. A lot of folks don't like our HC being dissed. If anyone does then STS would be just to their liking.

"After the dust settles he'll get on the internet and do...

Aug 19, 2012, 5:51 PM

...what is suggested."

Delusion aside, being that full of yourself that you could actually believe that the staff of a major D-1 program takes it advice from a blogger is what takes the cake. It's statements like that that really harm this site's credibility.

What's unique about Dabo, and what STS's authors and editors fail to grasp, based on their incessant derisive and snarky comments, is that there hasn't been a personality at Clemson that believes more and is more dedicated to producing championship caliber football since Danny Ford was forced out. But he's a different personality than they're used to and it obviously gets under their skin. Instead of being the curmudgeon that they can associate with and so desperately strive for, he's a goofy young guy oozing with optimism and positivity.

I love a good curmudgeon as much as the next guy, but when it turns delusional and derogatory, and thin skinned as STS has proven itself to be, well, it tends to fall by the wayside. There's obviously a lot of X's and O's football knowledge there, and I appreciate the detail and time they put into Clemson athletics, but their approach is just so skewed that unfortunately they're their own worst enemy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not true. Tommy West was a Clemson man and very

Aug 19, 2012, 7:35 PM

enthusiastic and excited to be at Clemson. Fans fully embraced him as a connection to Ford and knew he was a highly successful DC at Clemson. Tommy was more universally welcomed than Hatfield or Dabo.

Replies: 84
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic