Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Chad Morris on backup QB battle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Chad Morris on backup QB battle

Mar 26, 2013, 7:10 PM

Chad Morris on backup QB battle

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I the only one that reads Kelly is the man.***

Mar 26, 2013, 7:59 PM

Nope that's what I'm seeing. Experiece can be taught

Mar 26, 2013, 8:24 PM

Skill and speed can't

You can't teach experience that's why a veteran team is so

Mar 26, 2013, 11:31 PM

valuable. The only way to gain experience is to take the lumps as they come. It isn't something you can learn. That's why young teams can be painful to watch sometimes.

Re: You can't teach experience that's why a veteran team is so

Mar 27, 2013, 9:43 AM

While I get your point, and I do agree with most of it, there are many QB's who come in, even as Freshmen, who do a great job, and skill set in our offense makes up for a lot of experience. This offense thrives on a QB who can do it all, run, pass, pitch, hand off, and Kelly seems to have better abilities in those regards than Stoudt, based on what I have seen from Stoudt, so far, and on what film I have seem on Kelly. This offense has weapons, but one of the biggest weapons we have is a QB who is not afraid to pull it down and run the ball, like TB started doing more of last year. Stoudt, not so much a threat in that regard. JMO, but I am excited to see Kelly get some playing time and show us he is the man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's hard to spel to.

Mar 27, 2013, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Nope that's what I'm seeing. Experiece can be taught ]

J/K bro

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I the only one that reads Kelly is the man.***

Mar 27, 2013, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Am I the only one that reads Kelly is the man.*** ]

He lists confidence as one of Stoudt's traits, having met Kelly (and unfortunately heard his rap music) if anything that kid has too much confidence.

Re: Football Player Update: Chad Morris on backup QB battle

Mar 26, 2013, 8:55 PM

Nothing against Stoudt, because he is a Tiger, and I appreciate his contribution, but I see our next QB as Kelly. Kelly seems to have the tools and the attitude/charisma to take over. The opportunities Stoudt has had, and they have been few, have not been dynamic. I think Kelly brings a different energy and a very different, but adequate set of skills that makes the Tiger engine run on all cylinders. JMO, but I will be very surprised if Chad M. doesn't see that Chad K. has what it takes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with this and if Stout is not the clear #2 QB after

Mar 26, 2013, 9:11 PM

spring practice we may see him transfer out. You cna't blame him if he does.

He is good enough to be starting for lots of schools, some Div.1 and lots of mid major schools and many QBs make the NFL from those mid major schools if they get a chance to show their skills on the field.

I dunno.

Mar 27, 2013, 11:16 AM

I haven't missed many games in the past few years and I haven't seen the coaches turn Cole loose.

I'd like to see him get a real shot come gameday. He sure has earned it.

I really don't think he'll leave though. Looks like if he was planning on playing pro ball he would have been gone a couple of years ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with this and if Stout is not the clear #2 QB after

Mar 27, 2013, 11:22 AM [ in reply to I agree with this and if Stout is not the clear #2 QB after ]

Last time I checked he was dating a really attractive girl on the cross country team. I doubt he'd leave unless that went south.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic