Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'll get pilloried for these takes, but what the hey.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 387

I'll get pilloried for these takes, but what the hey.

Sep 29, 2019, 9:20 AM

1) I wish they'd put in Chase Brice for a series yesterday in the second half. NOT because I think he's the better QB, but because I think MAYBE the coaches would make better calls and the offense might find a better rhythm with him in there instead of TLaw. It's like they know they can rely on TLaw's amazing skills so they don't do the things that might get the offense running, like jet sweeps, using tempo, over-the-middle passes to the TE, etc.

2) LOTS of minner errs yesterday, especially with the OL. And ETN has to protect the ball, but the OCs can't take the ball out of his hands as much as they tend to. We really need to establish the running game. And call some passes to the TEs over the middle. It's one thing if the other team is stacking the box, but UNC was not doing that yesterday.

3) Our pass protection by the RBs sucked yesterday, but the OCs didn't adjust well enough either. Not a good day for the OCs, and not a good season for them yet either. It seems to me like the OCs don't have the eye of the Tiger OR they aren't sure how to best use the personnel we have this season.

4) I have mixed feelings about Clay Travis, but I agree with this take:

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/1178078376466305024?s=20

OK, now you can commence APM bashing.

Message was edited by: ATL PAW MAN®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll get pilloried for these takes, but what they hey.

Sep 29, 2019, 9:24 AM

I concur with all of that aside from the Chase Brice part.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just desperate to see us get our mojo going.

Sep 29, 2019, 9:30 AM

Clemson is playing the way I felt on Friday. Just ain't got the umph.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

peaking in sept doesn’t get us to January

Sep 29, 2019, 11:32 AM

They will not be coasting through the bye week now.

I don't understand all the screens

Sep 29, 2019, 9:42 AM

We literally have one of the best WR corps in the nation and have refused to open up the down field game. When we did yesterday it was a long TD to Higgins. We have to get the TE's and slot receivers involved across the middle on medium distance too. We have no threat on third downs since Renfrow left.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rob Spence in tha howwwze.***

Sep 29, 2019, 9:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's exactly what it looked like yesterday

Sep 29, 2019, 10:03 AM

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't understand all the screens

Sep 29, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to I don't understand all the screens ]

The screens get your best athletes one on one in space.

We are supposed to have better athletes, so if the blocker can make his block, then the WR with the ball is loose.

It also stretches the defense side to side which should open up the running game and the RPO as someone on defense has to make a decision about staying home for the run vs going wide to defend the screen.

It didn't work for us yesterday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Post game analysis is a far different thing from pregame

Sep 29, 2019, 10:02 AM

negativity.

I think you are dead on with what you saw.

They need some designed plays that are Chase Brice specific so they can put him in without "benching" Lawrence. Not sure what they would be since TL is as big a running threat as Chase now but I'm not getting paid the big bucks to figure that out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Biggest thing wrong with the offense yesterday was 5 illegal

Sep 29, 2019, 10:24 AM

procedures with several turning 3rd and ones into 3rd and sixes or 3rd and sixes into 3rd and elevens.

The turnover hurt bad also, but we only had the one.

You don’t bench arguably the best player in the country. In a close game, you want him to have as many opportunities as possible. What if Chase had been in during the series where we scored our 3rd TD. Chase couldn’t have made that throw to Higgins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, the OL may have been the biggest mojo killer. Agreed.

Sep 29, 2019, 10:32 AM

I am not saying bench TLaw. I am saying do what we need to do to find a rhythm. If putting CB in for a series accomplishes that, then good. Our coaches do not care about the media, etc. so no need to not use CB if that would help.

And yes, of course TLaw can make that TD pass, but I think the OCs are relying too much on those types of plays at the expense of steady, rhythmic drives with good play selection, etc.

I agree with almost everything you said...

Sep 29, 2019, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Biggest thing wrong with the offense yesterday was 5 illegal ]

You definitely don't pull Trevor at any point in a game like this. But I disagree about the Chase comment. I do think he can make that throw. If we're being honest I think he throws a better deep ball than Lawrence. He doesn't have the arm strength, intangibles, etc of Lawrence, but he would be a starter at every other ACC school. Dude is a baller.

Thanks for the hot takes everyone.***

Sep 29, 2019, 11:02 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rat poison.

Sep 29, 2019, 11:22 AM

Maybe our guys didn't drink the poison but I'm believing our coaches wanted to give them a dose of the antidote as preventive medicine. One way or the other and perhaps for a variety of reasons our coached called a sucky game.

I never fretted and I wanted UNC to score that touchdown quickly. I wanted our offense back on the field. A min and 16 sec is way too long to hold Trevor and company out of the endzone. That's accentuated against a team with a new coach who is trying to keep his starters on the field on a long drive. Overtime? PLEASE.

It's about time Clemson delivered a game which entertained me. Having a close game and one that seems loosible is part of this time of the season for us. I'm way past stressing. I lose, it sucks in some ways. The lack of anxiety is uncommon to me. It's so low I haven't deserted the P&R forum for football yet.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unc played 2 high safety all day

Sep 29, 2019, 11:25 AM

Making us work our way down the field. Lawrence is NOT patient and it showed. We made #21 look like an all American. He’s a dang second string QB!

We needed to do exactly what unc did on offense. Throw to the space that the pressure vacated. They ate us alive over the middle. They had an excellent game plan for our pressure.

We did not run the 3-3-3 look as much yesterday because they ran right at it when we did. Thin DT #s showed some.

Glad for the win.

Replies: 14
| visibility 387
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic