Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pumped about our basketball team.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Pumped about our basketball team.

May 6, 2018, 12:46 PM

If reed and Mitchell come back this will be the most talented team that we have had in a long time. They both should as they weren’t invited to the combine.

We will have 3 very solid big men. Thomas and Simms should have great years. We will have quality depth as well.

Also, our class coming in is one of the best we have had under brownell. The future is bright!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. I really hope they return.

May 6, 2018, 12:53 PM

If they do I think we can make a run at winning the ACC. I know some will think I am nuts, but I think we would have an outside shot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. I really hope they return.

May 6, 2018, 1:03 PM

You won't be nuts. We will be preseason top 15-20.if Reed and Mitchell come back...

I think in order for that to happen, Reed needs to show more consistency.

May 6, 2018, 1:36 PM [ in reply to I agree. I really hope they return. ]

There were big games last year where he disappeared and it hurt us. Luckily we had Gabe who was another shooting threat. We need Reed to be that alpha next year that we can lean on.

Reed needs to step up, but so does everyone.

May 6, 2018, 3:14 PM

I think they all will step up though. Simms will be better, as will all of the other young dudes. The class we have coming in will add great quality depth too.

You're not nuts but one of my concerns with.........

May 6, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to I agree. I really hope they return. ]

our basketball teams over the years is that we lose our poise a lot of times because we haven't "been there" when it comes to winning the "big games" needed to win an ACC title.

Teams like Duke, UNC, etc. of course have years of experience with these games - their coaches know how to prepare them and how to keep things under control.

But, hopefully, we'll be able to make that leap this next season!

That's A Really Big If

May 6, 2018, 1:10 PM

If Shelton Reed doesn't return, it will have a significant negative impact on the program. This upcoming season is the make or break scenario for the men's basketball program under Brad Brownell. Come close to repeating what was accomplished last season and recruiting will improve mightily. If not, rival programs can rightly claim that last season was an anomaly.

So is Shelton Reed

May 6, 2018, 1:21 PM

Your favorite player?

I think Reed and Michell will definatly be back

May 6, 2018, 1:38 PM [ in reply to That's A Really Big If ]

Whilst they are good College players, the both need to make the 3 consistsnly in all situations under great duress. This is what the NBA is all about. It will intersting to see where DeVoe ends up. He showed in the tournament that he can produce when the chips are down, NBA I think will give him a hard look.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with all of that. One thing though...

May 6, 2018, 3:17 PM

if DeVoe gets a look, he won't stick. His D would be a liability. I think he will have a great career abroad and that is nothing to complain about. He will still be able to retire at 35 if he plans well.

I think Reed and Michell will definatly be back

May 6, 2018, 1:38 PM [ in reply to That's A Really Big If ]

Whilst they are good College players, the both need to make the 3 consistsnly in all situations under great duress. This is what the NBA is all about. It will intersting to see where DeVoe ends up. He showed in the tournament that he can produce when the chips are down, NBA I think will give him a hard look.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Reed and Michell will definatly be back

May 6, 2018, 1:54 PM

They should come back if they have NBA aspirations. If they leave this year, it would to play in Europe. I think both could make an NBA roster.

Reed does need to be more consistent. He was cold for the last month of the season.

If they come back, we will definitely be contenders in the ACC

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic