Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't get it. Oregon lost to Auburn, Georgia lost to a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I don't get it. Oregon lost to Auburn, Georgia lost to a

Nov 19, 2019, 10:52 PM

sorry 4-7 usuc team, at home and YET, they are still ranked ahead Oregon!!?? They should lock the committee in a room the entire college football season, with no social media or outside influence. Give each team a number with their records, opposing teams stats and records and then let them decide.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't get it. Oregon lost to Auburn, Georgia lost to a

Nov 19, 2019, 11:39 PM

What you are missing here is some of the thought processes that are not shared among us dumb@$$ by the committee. So let me share some of it with you;
1)Oregon was not familiar with the SEC and being that they were from a different time zone were given point deductions for being unfamiliar with eSECpn.
2)Georgia didn't lose that game. Fromm lost it. (3 int's, one a pick -6 and a fumble) so Georgia was not penalized. Rather Fromm was taken off the list of those highly qualified SEC Quarterbacks being considered for the Heisman.
3)Georgia is also given points because they beat Auburn by more points than Auburn beat Oregon(Georgia won by 7.Oregon lost by 6 for a 1 point difference).
4)The Committee does not look at stats, only scores, which is why Clemson is at # 3 instead of #1. That one-point loss to UNCheat was actually more damaging than Georgia's 3 point loss to uSUCk, which lost to UNCheat by 4.
Now if you can figure the point differential you will have your answer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, Leftie, you have outdone yourself! I like it.***

Nov 20, 2019, 4:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but, if Auburn had played usuc and won by, let's say, 10

Nov 20, 2019, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't get it. Oregon lost to Auburn, Georgia lost to a ]

points and uga. still lost to usuc by three, how would that play into the equation?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 1:44 AM

Wow - you make way too much sense - Myfav ... You’re so right .. they could not let the committee know the names of the teams and expect anything fair .., Think there are far too many committee members with biases ... Doesn’t seem like this has always been the case ... or .. has it ?!?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Nov 20, 2019, 1:55 AM

"Quality" SEC losses only apply if you are actually in the SEC.

For a split second last night I hoped the Oregon

Nov 20, 2019, 4:51 AM

coach was going to tear into the ESPN talking heads and the Committee.

The entire show was a SEC lovefest, while I stand by a recent post of mine: we have a lazy committee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree we have a lazy committee! They listen to all the

Nov 20, 2019, 6:18 AM

rhetoric that EsecPN spews and just fall in line with them. Past committees have not went along with the EsecPNs views which I was hoping for again this year but it was not to be.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For a split second last night I hoped the Oregon

Nov 20, 2019, 7:56 AM [ in reply to For a split second last night I hoped the Oregon ]

The Oregon coach is not about to tear into the committee. The committee chairman is the Oregon AD, his boss. He might rip the media, but I seriously doubt that he will be dumb enough to bad mouth his own boss in public.

Nov 20, 2019, 7:59 AM

Georgia has to win out and a win would be over Auburn. The committee knows it all gets sorted out and doesnt matter right now.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:15 AM

So which category would favor Oregon if compared to Georgia currently other than the record of the teams they lost to? Georgia beat the Auburn team that Oregon lost to. Georgia has 3 wins over teams currently in the CFP top 16 in Florida, ND, and Auburn. Oregon has 1 win over a team currently in the CFP top 25 in USC.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:50 AM

Oregon lost to a ranked top 10(?) at the time, the first game of the year, at a neutral site. Uga. lost to an unranked team, at home during the middle of the season. Also, if Clemson, as deeply talented as they are, lost Trevor for the season, they would have dropped us in the polls because of his injury.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:59 AM

Your comment on what would happen if Lawrence was injured is nothing more than speculation though. I can't recall a single occurrence of that situation coming up in prior years that would support that. Now if we went out the next game and won 9-7 in a game where our offense looked incapable then I could see that.

So you're saying nothing else should matter when comparing Oregon and Georgia other than who they lost to? Clemson lost to Syracuse who finished the season at 4-8 just 2 years ago and ended up as the #1 ranked team in the CFP. That ranking was largely due to having several wins over top 25 teams. It's also not as if Oregon has been totally dominating everyone. They had to make a last second field goal a few weeks ago to beat 5-5 Washington State by 2 points. They also have a 4 point win over 6-4 Washington, and a 10 point win over 5-5 California. They have 2 wins over teams with winning records, Nevada(6-4) and USC(7-4). Not to mention that Georgia beat the team that Oregon lost to.

There actually is one example of that happening

Nov 20, 2019, 9:03 AM

In 2014 Ohio State beat Michigan in the final week of the season, but lost starting QB JT Barrett. Despite the knowledge that OSU would start little-known 3rd string QB Cardale Jones in the B1G title game the following week, the committee actually moved OSU up from 6th to 5th.

Re: There actually is one example of that happening

Nov 20, 2019, 10:32 AM

maybe that is what I remember, but I thought they dropped.

Nov 20, 2019, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't get it. Oregon lost to Auburn, Georgia lost to a ]

That makes sense. Two years ago, there were no undefeated teams. Everybody lost after Clemson did. I can't remember who, but I recall one team lost a starter and the committee bought it up. Not sure if they dropped or not.

Nov 20, 2019, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't get it. Oregon lost to Auburn, Georgia lost to a ]

Florida should have lost to Miami...Georgia sucked vs. USC the game was not as close as the score but the SEC 'overkill' means they get a bypass on a home loss...if Clemson had lost to a cellar dweller they'd be out...almost out with win at UNC! Georgia can still lose to A&M and so can LSU! It still does not matter...SEC can't be left out of the playoff...Everyone has to be on board about the 'greatness of the SEC'...if you are not on board you will not get the announcer gigs or be allowed on the Finebum show! SEC would love to have a monopoly but the still can't figure what to do with Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Kentuck, USC, and now Tennessee, Misery and the two ladies schools...aggies are still trying to get out of that group with some angst! Baylor barely lost to Oklahoma and got slaughtered...Georgia got a bye...it's the world we live in! SEC is a medium conference with several good schools, always has been and always will be...late additions of South Carolina, Arkansas and then Misery & the maggies has not been the cure!

Boy everyone sure gets tunnel vision when comparing

Nov 20, 2019, 8:18 AM

team resumes. Does the loss column have some kind of gravitational field that sucks y'all in and prevents you from looking at anything else?

In fairness...

Nov 20, 2019, 8:21 AM

Georgia rebounded after the uof5c loss by beating Florida and Auburn (both of whom were ranked). Neither are great teams IMO but would be considered better wins compared to Oregon's one win against a ranked opponent (Washington at No. 25).

Of course, that's just my guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: In fairness...

Nov 20, 2019, 8:56 AM

That's fair. And I agree that both Fla and Aub are not really great teams. I know it will all come out in the wash in a few weeks. It's just my opinion and I hate hearing the sec being pushed down our throat.

I couldn't agree more***

Nov 20, 2019, 9:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I agree with you MyFO. Alabama lost to your number one,

Nov 20, 2019, 9:01 AM

Georgia lost to sc at home and you rank them ahead? Stupid. I don’t agree with it but I’m telling you what they’ve said is that they are looking at wins teams have. So it seems they are saying they care more about the teams you have beaten as compared to the teams you’ve lost to. I disagree with that entirely. The only team that could beat Alabama in the sec until now was LSU. Yet you put Georgia ahead of them. Odd.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oregon has ZERO ranked wins. Its about who you've beaten

Nov 20, 2019, 9:15 AM

when you're comparing 1 loss teams. The committee continues to get it right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Wins more important than losses.

Nov 20, 2019, 9:27 AM

UGA beat Florida and Notre Dame. That's way better than Oregon's best two wins.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic