Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would like to See Tajh Not on TV too much until After UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 661

I would like to See Tajh Not on TV too much until After UGA

Jul 22, 2013, 2:47 PM

I myself am already at a point to where of the pre-season hype is wearing on me....It is great, but until we actually finish the job these are distractions.

I have called FSU "The Best Pre-Season Team in America" becasue of the hype the receive only to fall flat on their faces....I don't want Clemson to fall into that trap

Until the UGA game is over, I hope Dabo, Tajh and everyone else stays off TV as much as possible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: I would like to See Tajh Not on TV too much until After UGA

Jul 22, 2013, 2:58 PM

smfh

I remember a 8-0 Team a short time ago....

Jul 22, 2013, 4:18 PM

They...and the fans become intoxicated with success, media attention, hype......

Then GT hit us in the mouth and we were never quite the same.

You really think that it was media hype that ruined us?

Jul 22, 2013, 4:26 PM

Maybe it affects elevated fan expectations, but every team that is in the national title conversation will be affected by media hype one way or the other.

Media loves us: can either give us confidence to win or it can make us too arrogant and lose
Media hates us: can either make us want to prove them wrong so badly we win, or want to prove them wrong so badly we lose.
Media ignores us: can either make us skirt under the radar and win games with no pressure, or pressure of not being respected for doing well causes us to lose.

People act like media attention is a bad thing or a good thing. Its really neither. A great team with great leadership will handle any kind of media attention with success. A poor team with poor leadership will not be able to handle media attention or lack there of with success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Media Hype...Like Booze should be Consumed Responsibly...

Jul 22, 2013, 4:35 PM

Dabo himself said that the team did not handle success well....

Competing at the highest level will naturally generate media attention....All I am saying in my post is that we are all going to feel pretty lousy if UGA breaks it off in us to a point where it could cost us a few games like it did a few years ago.

And all I'm saying is that no one gets more hype than Bama

Jul 22, 2013, 4:46 PM

And they've handled it rather well. If we are a great team with great leadership we'll handle it similarly. I'm not sure our leadership was as good with our 8-0 start with a first year starter in Tajh that we will have this year.

If we lose a game this year, I fully expect our Seniors and staff to recalibrate our players similarly to how our loss to Scar last year did not affect our play vs LSU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am really Glad You Mentioned Bama....

Jul 22, 2013, 5:19 PM

I was about to make this comment but chose not to...

Saban keeps his staff and players on Lockdown from the media for the most part. I have seen Nick Saban absolutely go off on reporters for disrespecting obvious cupcakes....

Saban cannot stop the "hype" that has been earned(Unlike Clemson), but he handles it in a very focused and successful way.

I agree!

Jul 22, 2013, 3:01 PM

I am always very nervous anytime we receive too much attention! I don't want our players to go out on the field against any opponent and expect to win! I want them to go out and fight for every win! I know we have a super talented team and have some of the best coaches out there! And I know these are different players than years past, but its hard to forget the amount of times that we as a fan base have been burned for being too confident. Just my opinion!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's Media Days. Somebody has to show up. Tajh is as good

Jul 22, 2013, 3:06 PM

as ANY player I've seen at handling the press. I don't want to see any cockiness, obviously, but reserved confidence is where we want to be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 661
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic