Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Healthy Watkins ready to turn the page to 2013
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Healthy Watkins ready to turn the page to 2013

Mar 8, 2013, 10:12 AM

Healthy Watkins ready to turn the page to 2013

Last season delivered a lot of struggles for Sammy Watkins, but 2013 provides him the opportunity to turn the page and write a new chapter. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Healthy Watkins ready to turn the page to 2013

Mar 8, 2013, 10:26 AM

I would bet that Sammy Watkins will be nothing short of amazing this year. If he is, he may well be at the top of next year's draft, even with the blip in his judgement. He certainly has earned my forgiveness and respect for the way he owned up to his mistake and for the way he took his, very significant, punishment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.

Mar 8, 2013, 10:44 AM

It's not like he did anything that wrong. He has been fine since then and I bet he has a huge year.

Re: I agree.

Mar 10, 2013, 10:20 PM

We, it may be common, but still pretty bad. That said, it was a mistake he has owned up to, served out his very significant punishment, and now he moves on with his life, his career, and I believe, a lot of highlights.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expect the same.

Mar 8, 2013, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Healthy Watkins ready to turn the page to 2013 ]

Sammy is Tajh are ready to show just how great each is and tear some teams apart. With UGA losing their entire secondary and most of their D they should be ready to have a field day with the puppies.

Re: I expect the same.

Mar 10, 2013, 10:22 PM

The game will be a war, but we certainly are very capable of playing with them or anybody else.

Sammy's success this year depends largely on

Mar 8, 2013, 11:20 AM

whether or not a solid #2 option can emerge. It's hard for anybody to be successful when you're the team's only weapon, so Watkins will need Peake or Bryant or someone to draw attention away from him.

And, also take attention away from other receivers. I

Mar 8, 2013, 1:53 PM

am very concerned that Hopkins and Brown will not be in the backfield too.

I expect big things this year from him, but

Mar 8, 2013, 11:29 AM

it will be harder for him without Nuk on the other side of the field. It's going to take Peake, Bryant, and the other guys really stepping up to take the pressure and coverage away from Sammy so he can shine.

Dude, who did Nuk have?

Mar 10, 2013, 10:14 AM

When you factor Sammy's issues and missed games last year, Nuk had about the same supporting cast. I'm more concerned about the tight end position this year. I'm hoping Cooper and Seckinger will be hauling in some big plays. Our tight end play has been nothing short of amazing for 3 years.

Look at Nuk against LSU. No Sammy.

My prayers have been answered. Sammy observed Nuk's 2012 off-season, and it appears he is on the same path. If so, and the younger receivers are watching, and Sammy is mentoring, well, watch out!

Why do the press always say first play...

Mar 8, 2013, 11:53 AM

when it was second play from scrimmage? Were they not watching the same game I've watched 3 times?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: Why do the press always say first play...

Mar 8, 2013, 11:55 AM

Risking Sammy in the kick-return game? Sounds scary.

yes, the the return game did stink last year.***

Mar 8, 2013, 11:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Sounds like a job for Hopper or one of the freshmen***

Mar 8, 2013, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do the press always say first play... ]

Tell 'em coot***

Mar 8, 2013, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do the press always say first play... ]

Re: Why do the press always say first play...

Mar 10, 2013, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Why do the press always say first play... ]

Glad to see I'm not the only freak that never gets tired of that game! 4th and 16 BABY. Tweet that.

Re: Front Page Story: Healthy Watkins ready to turn the page to 2013

Mar 8, 2013, 12:42 PM

In my opinion, Sammy should not be used in the return game this year at all. He is too valuable to us as a WR and we can't risk an injury. We have other fast players who aren't as important to the team who can handle returns.

Also, we need to limit his use as a RB. Jet Sweeps are OK in limited qty, but no runs up the middle.

I say:

95% WR
5% Jet Sweep (or fake sweep)

He is capable of being the "Nuk" of last year, and possibly even better because he has more athletic talent.

can we focus on kicking the ball into the end zone

Mar 8, 2013, 1:27 PM

we gave up so much starting field position because we couldn't kick the ball through.

Amen

Mar 10, 2013, 10:21 AM

the Florida State game being the worst example. Just spot the ball, kick it through and make them earn it. A kick off gone bad started a comeback we apparently had no answer for. A game we threw away.

Just sayin'. Great point BentZero

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic