Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we beat Wofford, how many points do we need to win by to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

If we beat Wofford, how many points do we need to win by to

Aug 28, 2015, 7:32 AM

make everyone feel warm and fuzzy?

I expect to win by at least 45 points. If we don't win by at least 30, I'm going to expect us to lose2-4 games easily, and maybe more.

That guess is void if Dabo pulls the 1's prior to the 4th quarter.

Anyway - 30 is my magic number to feel decent about the season, and 45+ will make me feel warm and fuzzy. :)

Just bored on a Friday - no slam against Wofford 'cause they are a good team that can surprise.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we beat Wofford, how many points do we need to win by to

Aug 28, 2015, 7:41 AM

If the Ones are still playing in the fourth quarter, we're in trouble. I don't care about the score or the margin or even pitching a shutout. I want the Ones to dominate in such a fashion as to get the Twos some time in the first half. At the end of the day, if we get 70+ guys into the game, we will have been successful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

I have a suspicion I'll be warm all game. I'll feel fuzzy

Aug 28, 2015, 7:45 AM

With a 1 point win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 28, 2015, 7:54 AM

It's in no way indicative, IMHO.

We are a young team working in a bunch of new faces on both sides of the ball, particularly on the lines.

I'd be shocked if things weren't a mess on both sides of the LOS. Keep in mind, Wofford is an option team, like Georgia Tech, and their offensive scheme is likely to give our young defensive line fits, so expect them to run the ball effectively. Contrariwise, I'd be surprised if our own very young OL was particularly coherent...so expect to see some busts, and I'd personally expect us to have some issues running the ball.

I kind of expect clunky. It might even be close. It might almost be better for Clemson over the long term if we get a challenge. The more reps our guys get, the more film they have to break down and study. That's how you get better between Weeks 1 and 2...and where we're really going to have to get better, and fast, is between Weeks 2 and 3, that being the four-day stretch between App State and Louisville. It might not be close, of course...Deshaun Watson is a guy who can make short work of overmatched opposition; it's entirely within the realm of possibility Deshaun chucks 5 TD's in the first twenty minutes and we spend the rest of the day emptying the bench. Whereupon "margin" goes right out the window, since Dabo won't care diddly about running up the score but will instead just work on different things.

Personally I just hope we get through with no major injuries. Wofford cut-blocks a lot, so our DL is going to have guys diving at their knees all game. I could care less about the score as long as we get through with everybody upright and vertical.

Not sure why everyone thinks we are going blow out

Aug 28, 2015, 8:35 AM

wofford. They are a solid ball control team that will eat up clock. I'll be just fine w/ 35-17 and some young guys getting some meaningful snaps.

I agree 100%. Both Wofford and App.St. are very good

Aug 28, 2015, 10:16 AM

programs that are used to winning and are almost always competitive regardless of opponents level. They won't have the talent we do, but they will be disciplined and well coached. Don't be scared of a 34-20 type of game.

Aug 28, 2015, 9:11 AM

1s play until half way thru the 3rd qtr. 2s and 3s split remaining time. Kelly Bryant will get the final 6 minutes of the game. Clemson wins 47 - 23 with some early mistakes coming from youth. We will see a different team by the time we play Louisville. Remember: Venables owns the "offensive genius" Petrino. We beat them without scoring an offensive TD last year.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My warm and fuzzy - we score 24+ pts with DW and then

Aug 28, 2015, 10:25 AM

another 20+ points behind Schuessler and Bryant all with 1 and 2 team players and maybe 3rd team players on the field.

If we hold them to 24 or fewer points at the same time with a lot of D substitution all the better.

If we struggle at all, I will be disappointed. Wofford may be good at their level. But our talent depth is just better all around.

Aug 28, 2015, 11:03 AM

We should beat Wofford by 50 but I can see us only winning by 20 or so. I think they will run the clock but never have a chance to win.

dabo is never concerned about perception

Aug 28, 2015, 11:19 AM

He will pull the one's in 3Q and call the dogs off like he always does.

Nothing wrong with that only that no one else trying to get into the playoff does it. TCU/Baylor/Oregon would put 70 up without hesitation.

We always call the dogs off. Every time.

We need to put up Video Game #'s

Aug 28, 2015, 11:20 AM

If you want any National Respect.

Re: We need to put up Video Game #'s

Aug 28, 2015, 11:24 AM

^^^^this^^^

You smoking some of Martavis weed? Wofford will be difficult

Aug 28, 2015, 1:50 PM

for most of the game, until our superior depth wears them down. I expect to win by 21, but not put it away until late third quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You smoking some of Martavis weed? Wofford will be difficult

Aug 28, 2015, 2:08 PM

For those who remember the Wofford game in 2011, please don't compare that game to this one. Wofford scored 27 on a D that couldn't get out of it's own way (yeah - the same D that allowed 70 in the Orange Bowl). This D is coming off of the #1 D from last season, and it should not be all that bad. I don't expect Wofford to score more than 17 on a good day against this D.

As for our O - I expect to see 50+ before Dabo calls 'em off. Again - this is not a slight against Wofford as I consider them to be a respectable opponent, but our CLEMSON team has progressed tons in the past 3 years. CLEMSON is now a force to be reckoned with.

I see us pulling away early, Wofford was 6-5

Aug 28, 2015, 1:56 PM

last year in a weakened SoCon. This is not Wofford from 2011. I expect it to be 35-10 at halftime and us to settle in and win 55-13.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2015, 2:02 PM

Ill be warm and fuzzy if our offense rolls like its supposed to and we keep ourselves in good down and distance and we at least look like an offense made up of 4 and 5 star players going up against an FCS opponent. Defensively, ill be happy with effort! i want to see the defense play like it wants to be there (no joke intended, cuz you know, sometimes teams dont want to play aka oklahoma, usuck, alabama, lsu, and every other team we beat). if the defense plays with effort and gang tackles and flies to the ball, a few busted assignments and learning curves shouldnt be totally detrimental.

If?

Aug 28, 2015, 2:10 PM

Did you mean 'when' we beat Wofford?

I'm so confused.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic