Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Think I Know What They Meant to Say ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,049

I Think I Know What They Meant to Say ...

Aug 19, 2018, 5:44 PM

"Man kills wife with Alzheimers". (Well, at least he didn' use a gun or sledge hammer.) And further in the article it reads, "Caulfield admitted he killed his wife in the note". (seems like a strange place to commit a murder)

"Blessed to receive my 18th. offer from Clemson University". (We must want this prospect real bad to offer hin 18 times.)

"Blessed that my latest offer came from Clemson". (We need this guy)

"R. L. Webb, 65, of Delta Drive, was denied bond on charges of murder and first degree burglary at the Oconee County Courthouse". (Well, if he was going to committ these dastardly deeds, doing them at the courthouse made it convenient for the arresting authorities.)

"Lewis hit the victim with a shoe on the top of her forehead". (If someone wants to wear a shoe on the top of their forehead, maybe someone should hit them.)

".......he has committed to play for the Tigers on Saturday". (This was a baseball commit. Maybe he will eventually commit to also play on Fridays, Sundays and week days.)

"..........announced the company's decision to build its North American Headquarters in Pickens County on Tuesday". (This is to be a 50,000 square foot building. That will be a tremendous undertaking on Tuesday.)

"....in his national letter of intent to play football at the University of Virginia in the school's media center on Wednesday". (Probably not expecting a huge crowd since the game is beoing played in the media center on Wednesday.)

Sometimes, our newspapers and print media provide us with some of the best nintended laughs.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Think I Know What They Meant to Say ...

Aug 19, 2018, 5:49 PM

Joe, you are so right - there appear to be no proof readers or editors these days.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2018, 10:54 PM

amen!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You are really funny

Aug 19, 2018, 5:56 PM

Sad commentary on today’s press, but thanks so much for a few LOLs! Clever!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2018, 10:57 PM

on the north American building it would all depend on whether or not the builder had a good connection with the Big Guy Upstairs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 21, 2018, 1:27 PM

In the "BUBBA & THE BILLY GOATS....." thread, tick the article and note under the photo the caption --- "Fedora and Cunningham address the suspensions of 13 football players for selling shoes during a press conference on Monday, Aug. 5".

Selling shoes during a press conference is not a smart way to circumvent the NCAA rule of not selling certain items given to the players. The act, the time and the place makes this solid evidence of their guilt.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's pretty funny,

Aug 21, 2018, 2:26 PM

almost as much as someone pointing out poorly worded sentences and having typos in there post ;)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There nintended poasts...

Aug 21, 2018, 2:34 PM

amirite?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,049
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic