Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Geez, what has happend to ESPN? Worked from home today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Geez, what has happend to ESPN? Worked from home today

Feb 20, 2017, 4:40 PM

and had ESPN on in the background. Sportscente is no longer Sportscenter....it is HOT TAKE central. SporstNation is no longer a light-hearted blooper/game show....it is now HOT TAKE Jr. First Take is a news opinion HOT TAKE show.
Highly Questionable, Around the Horn, PTI....all are angry political rant shows that seem he!! bent on pizsing off at least half of the viewers.

I know cable is being cut across the board,with many dropping ESPN first. But I truly doubt that these shows are going to save viewrs or attract a new audience, as they are just unbearable.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Geez, what has happend to ESPN? Worked from home today

Feb 20, 2017, 4:57 PM

Yeah it keeps getting worse and worse. It is turning into what happened to MTV.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Geez, what has happend to ESPN? Worked from home today

Feb 20, 2017, 5:32 PM

Part of the problem is the employees they hire. Most are extreme liberals and some with racist views that are tolerated instead of corrected. Viewership for the daytime talking heads is dropping fast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure they're not conservatives

Feb 20, 2017, 5:35 PM

that are not racist? Just curious, actually, no I'm not.

Nice turn your took there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reason why ESPN is hemorrhaging viewers

Feb 20, 2017, 5:35 PM

And they don't seem to realize it.

Re: Reason why ESPN is hemorrhaging viewers

Feb 20, 2017, 5:48 PM

I realize there are racist conservatives but liberals do not believe there are racist liberals. That is all I was referring to. I made no turn whatsoever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are WAY too invested in sensationalist garbage

Feb 20, 2017, 6:20 PM

and their "analyst" are way too biased. Nobody wants to hear how unbeatable Bama is for 8 straight years. We know they are good but don't need to be reminded every day. Talk about something new. It is SOOOO easy to make new interesting stories about sports but they get lazy and parrot each other instead.

Re: They are WAY too invested in sensationalist garbage

Feb 20, 2017, 9:58 PM

That pos garbage they now have at 6:00 pm is typical of how far they have fallen.

I SEE your opinion of their shows and RAISE you

Feb 20, 2017, 6:23 PM

how awful their game commentators have gotten. Seems to be an exodus of talent from people in the industry because who I see on TV sux.

modern media gameplan

Feb 20, 2017, 7:02 PM

modern media gameplan is to get everyone's blood boiling. Once people are upset, they respond by making twitter comments, website comments and on and on. All translates to clicks and clicks pay bills. All about the clicks. Clickity click clickity click

(click Like if you agree or if you don't)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: modern media gameplan

Feb 20, 2017, 7:05 PM

So I've been curious about this. How do they make money that way? Selling the clickers info to companies?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

basically

Feb 20, 2017, 7:18 PM

It's a whole science and economy but when you can show legitimate traffic numbers, you can make money from page ad views. If you have user info, you sell that too. Crump sells ads via adsense (google) and gets revenue from unique visits, ad clicks, etc.

"Adsense works with EPC (earnings per click) and CPC (cost per click). Publishers will get paid for clicks on ads appearing in their websites. Currently (Feb 2015), Adsense publishers receive 68% of the click cost and Google 32%. ... Adsense ads can have a number of formats and sizes including text and images."

https://www.digitalmarketingpro.net/how-does-google-adsense-works-253/

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Too many female talking heads that are not even easy on the eyes

Feb 20, 2017, 9:42 PM

And just painful to watch/listen to. They must be on this equality in sports broadcasting kick or something. Seriously, leave the men/athletes to talk about sports and the women can gossip/talk about fashion and celebrity nobody cares drama. Flame away.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic