Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I REALLY hope I am wrong - but the parade of bodies at
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I REALLY hope I am wrong - but the parade of bodies at

Dec 6, 2016, 8:34 AM

the Heisman is not good for us.

The unpolished, hot head from KY is going to win in a landslide and the other 4 are all grouped together in a very distant 2nd - 5th.

The award & how antiquated the process is has been a complete joke for quite a while.

There is NO ONE who deserves it more or is a better example of what the Heisman Trophy winner USED to be about than our very own DW4.

Seriously hope I am wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I REALLY hope I am wrong - but the parade of bodies at

Dec 6, 2016, 8:36 AM

I think the parade is a good sign

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How so ?***

Dec 6, 2016, 8:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 6, 2016, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: I REALLY hope I am wrong - but the parade of bodies at ]

me too. they set some threshold of how many votes before you're invited. I'm hoping voter arent the sheep ESPN thought they could herd and did some research.If they did they will know who deserves it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's one possibility, but it's also possible that 1-2 were

Dec 6, 2016, 8:36 AM

close and 3-5 were distant.

I hope so - good point. But - haven't there been just 2

Dec 6, 2016, 8:38 AM

guys there before ?

Re: I hope so - good point. But - haven't there been just 2

Dec 6, 2016, 8:52 AM

I think 3 is the minimum. My guess is 90% of the first place votes are going to Jackson or DW4. There is no clear-cut 3rd place guy so the 3rd place votes were probably split pretty evenly between a handful of guys. There will probably be a pretty good dropoff between 2nd and 3rd place, but those 3 will be relatively close to each other.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2016, 8:54 AM

The fact that peppers is going should tell you how clueless and brainwashed the Heisman voters are. You don't win without free publicity by espn. Henry got it DW didn't. Jackson got it DW didn't.

Dec 6, 2016, 9:24 AM

Not really. Everyone has to vote for a third person. People in the NorthEast and Midwest regions voted Peppers. Even the mid-Atlantic and South regions go fairly far north and may have given some votes. The West and SouthWest apparently were enthralled with OU's offense which gets shut down anytime they play a team with a defensive pulse. Cook probably got votes in the south but not many from other regions, leaving him a bit behind.

I think the winner is really going to come down to first/second place votes and there will be a significant gap after DW4 and Jackson. Jackson will likely win since he's been hyped all year. There is just not really a clear-cut 3rd place guy this year imo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2016, 8:56 AM [ in reply to I hope so - good point. But - haven't there been just 2 ]

Since 1982, five invitees have been invited 11 times, making it the most frequent amount of invitees actually.

Starting from the understanding that there will always be a minimum of three finalists, whether or not more will be invited is determined by how close the fourth-place finisher's point total is to that of the third place finisher's, how close the fifth-place finisher's is to that of the fourth-place finisher's and so on.

The poster above that said the parade is a good thing means that by five being invited, it shows that there is a larger spread of votes than there were last year. It could potentially hurt or help Deshaun but at least we know all the votes are not going to Lamar.

3 is the minimum***

Dec 6, 2016, 9:29 AM [ in reply to I hope so - good point. But - haven't there been just 2 ]

I have the same feeling, 3-5 will be taking Deshaun's votes***

Dec 6, 2016, 8:37 AM

That's not how it works. Voting occurs first and then

Dec 6, 2016, 9:33 AM

invites are sent out. They already know who won the award.

Re: That's not how it works. Voting occurs first and then

Dec 6, 2016, 9:48 AM

If espn would've come with the narrative that dw4 is the best player/QB, and most clutch when it matters most...and right under half his picks were not really on him...then he'd win it.

Plus if they'd mention how he torched Bama in last year's biggest game. I mean, it happened after the award was given out and most voters wanted to retract their vote for Henry.

But no that gets swept under the rug so they can talk about loserville's QB that lost straight up to dw4 but hurdled a guy from Syracuse.

Our guy will get snubbed. But that's ok, so did Peyton Manning and others. Hopefully we lift the big trophy and we know who the first QB taken will be.

Dec 6, 2016, 8:38 AM

Unfortunately I think you're correct...ESPN runs or ruins college football!

yep, Drama queen will win***

Dec 6, 2016, 8:51 AM

Dec 6, 2016, 8:55 AM

The latest CBS polling showed Watson very close to Lamar. It will be close. I have a feeling Watson will win.

Just rename it the "Manzel" - all that glitters is gold!***

Dec 6, 2016, 9:00 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic