Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Now Know Why Dabo Didn't Take A Knee At The End....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

I Now Know Why Dabo Didn't Take A Knee At The End....

Nov 28, 2018, 2:26 PM

I finally had a chance to check out the Gamecock vs. Gator game on Nov. 10th. At the end...even when the Gators were in the victory formation...the Gamecock defense pushed over the QB. On the second play from the same formation there was further pushing. Dabo probably thought that there was no need for that....just run the ball. How could he have known the play was going to score a TD anyway.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Now Know Why Dabo Didn't Take A Knee At The End....

Nov 28, 2018, 4:01 PM

Just watched it man, and yeah, it was ugly. FLA drives to the USUCk 2 and calls a time out to regroup and manage the clock. As they came off the field there was some sort of incident, the Gartors meeting teammates in the side of the field were celebrating and when the camera partially panned back to the line of scrimmage Franks was pushing his teammates back to the bench. It was clear players from both teams were jawing but far from clear why. FLA came back with clear intent to run out the clock in victory formation, which is what they set up in. Despite Franks immediately taking snap and hitting the knee the linebackers and middle guard all crashed into the center and Franks and bent Franks backward enough to smash his head against the turf with one knee still down. Clear and unmistakable unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike call not made. FLA nevertheless ran victory formation again and though they did not crash Franks, the chickens did push and shove post whistle and appear to try to start a fight. One more down was left, and they did even more of the same.

If I had been FLA, after the first down I would have said "Well you want to hurt our guys for trying to avoid showing you up? How'd you like 42 instead?"

It differs from the usual dirtpecker poor sportsmanship only in degree. As a Tiger fan, having watched their ridiculous, trashy and thuggish behavior over the years, players and fans, as far as I am concerned we can never beat them by enough points or humilate them enough to suit me, we'd be only getting a fraction of our own back. I do not think Dabo is built that way, but if he did see their FLA closing, he was more than justified in assuming we had no business exposing our freshman quaterback and other players to cheap shots by a team proven to not willing to play by the rules of the game, having also seen the nights officiating and knowing that the crew had no intent to call the game straight up.

Nov 28, 2018, 4:08 PM

Montac was the coot thug vs. Florida. He's a hot-head and that wasn't the first time this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He heard me yelling from the stands to run up the score.

Nov 28, 2018, 4:03 PM

He didn't hear me yell for the onside kick, though. I wanted more points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 28, 2018, 4:04 PM

That was not the reason. You can clearly see Dabo could have just let the clock run out but can be seen telling Trevor to hurry up and snap the ball. He wanted to make sure that all the coot fans knew he had not forgotten the 5 bombs. Subtle way to say FU to the coots.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Quarter

Nov 28, 2018, 4:13 PM

none asked, none given.

Nov 28, 2018, 4:21 PM

Dabo ran the ball the first two downs. SCar called timeout twice and Dabo made them pay for it. Either shut it down or play defense you can't have both.

null

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic