Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Hope Chad Morris has a very successful career as a HC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I Hope Chad Morris has a very successful career as a HC

Nov 29, 2012, 2:36 PM

but for now I think CM owes his loyalties to Dabo, the players, recruits, the fans and Clemson University. They made things happen so he could become the highest paid OC in college football.

And CM has picked the worst time to consider another job, the crucial stage of recruiting.

Last year Dabo and Clemson made a very lucrative 3 year investment in CM and I fell he should respect and honor that commitment he made. I am sure he knew there would be several job openings coming up this year and if he felt like that 3 years was to much of a commitment , then he should have signed a 1 year deal.

If you as a coach cannot honor your commitments how can you expect a recruit to honor his? How can you sit in a kids home and talk about loyalty, integrity, honor, commitment and character when you do not live up to those standards.

Dabo has shown he is committed to Clemson by actions and with money.

CM signed a 3 year deal, Dabo took a cut in salary to make that deal possible now for CM to interview for another job and possibly take take that job less than a year into his contract to me brings into to question his commitment and character.

If those coaching kids today cannot live up to the standards that expect out of those kids why should we be surprised when these young kids sale out for the almighty dollar.

Some of you will say that this is today's college football world. If it is I don't want to be a part of it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't really care either way.***

Nov 29, 2012, 2:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't really care either way.***

Nov 29, 2012, 3:23 PM

Why would a coot?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, forget Morris. Let's go get Napier back! Or Spence,

Nov 29, 2012, 3:36 PM [ in reply to I don't really care either way.*** ]

or Mike O'Cain since he's done such a bang up job at VT. Or maybe we can lure RR away from his HC gig at Arizona so that he run the same thing that CM runs now. All excellent ideas!

Really though, what's your genius suggestion? Who should we get to replace Morris?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This thread is about Morris' future HC career.

Nov 29, 2012, 3:40 PM

So unless he's promoted to HC here at Clemson, I couldn't care less about his future HC career.

You've made it plain that you couldn't care less if Morris

Nov 29, 2012, 3:43 PM

leaves, meaning you think it's no loss at all if he does go. I want to know who you think that can actually get in here as an OC that can do such a better job.

A blind monkey could run the offense with the level of

Nov 29, 2012, 3:44 PM

talent that we field on that side of the ball.

Seriously though, I don't know who all the OCs in the country are. That's the AD's job. I'm sure there are many qualified candidates.

It liked like a Blind Monkey was calling plays at SC!!!***

Nov 29, 2012, 4:03 PM

It looked like a Blind Monkey was calling plays Saturday!!

Nov 29, 2012, 4:06 PM

Sorry having trouble spelling today.

Isn't that the way it always goes. The grass is always

Nov 29, 2012, 4:33 PM [ in reply to A blind monkey could run the offense with the level of ]

greener. Tennessee surely thought things could go nowhere but up if they fired Phil Fulmer. Maryland has gone 6-18 since running off Friedgen. How about BC with Jags?

Newsflash...

Nov 29, 2012, 4:34 PM

I'm not saying we should run anybody off. The evidence is pretty clear that he's leaving.

Honestly I'd rather we promote Morris to HC than anything, even though I don't personally prefer his style

Then by that rationale, you can't fire them.***

Nov 29, 2012, 2:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If his contract has certain stipulations which I am sure

Nov 29, 2012, 3:31 PM

that it does, yes he can be fired for violating his contract. Your logic is flawed. CM knew better opportunities would be available this year. I would not have as much of a problem with him leaving if Dabo had not taken a pay cut so he could make more money and sign a multi year contract.

IMO he used DABO and he used Clemson for his own gain. Looks like a lane kiffin stunt.

I doubt you are part of the college football world

Nov 29, 2012, 2:40 PM

You are a fan, as most of us on here are, that does not understand the relationships that coaches have with each other and with their schools. If Morris went in the tank would you be happy about paying him that much money for the next 3 years? I highly doubt it. You may want to put yourself in his shoes with a promotion a possibility with another company. Do you have enough loyalty to your job to turn down more money and a step toward a future goal? I would not think poorly of you for taking a job that would help you get to your ultimate goal. I hope he stays but he is not a bad guy if he doesn't.

Being a fan is part of the college football world and yes

Nov 29, 2012, 3:23 PM

I have turned down better opportunities for more money because the company I work for has been very loyal to me and has given me great opportunities to be very successful. So I am very loyal to them. Money is not the sole motivating factor in my life and I am glad that it is not.

I want Morris to stay...

Nov 29, 2012, 3:20 PM

but would not blame him for taking a high level promotion.

Im sure its a dream of his to be a college football head coach and I cannot knock the man for chasing that dream. It would be disloyal to take another OC job, but not a quality HC gig.

How could you fault a guy for moving up? Ridiculous post.

Nov 29, 2012, 3:22 PM

Face it, Chad is moving on at some point. Not now, but probably within 1-2 years regardless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Like I said I hope he does have a very successful career as

Nov 29, 2012, 3:34 PM

a HC. But with all the hopes Clemson jumped through after last season to keep him, yes I feel like he owes something to Dabo, the players and Clemson.

he doesn't owe Clemson anything past today's work***

Nov 29, 2012, 3:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So if he leaves takes Dabo's money and some recruits you

Nov 29, 2012, 3:35 PM

are OK with that?

This process always occurs this time of the year. That's ..

Nov 29, 2012, 3:42 PM

the way it is. Deal with it.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic