Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was wrong, and I apologize
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

I was wrong, and I apologize

Jun 1, 2020, 7:23 PM

I have posted numerous times that no matter how much Trump and his most mentally-ill blind supporters want it to happen, there won't be a civil war.

It appears that's exactly where we're heading.

My mistake.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Are you angry that the left can’t keep inciting

Jun 1, 2020, 7:26 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anger is not the emotion I'm feeling right now.

Jun 1, 2020, 7:32 PM

Mostly sadness for what our great nation has become.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Anger is not the emotion I'm feeling right now.

Jun 1, 2020, 7:33 PM

I’m sorry but the narrative is our nation has NEVER been great.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I am with you but you only seem to be

Jun 1, 2020, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Anger is not the emotion I'm feeling right now. ]

This POS has just...

Jun 1, 2020, 7:46 PM

Opened the door to turning our military on our citizens, pushing toward a path of civil war and what he really wants--control.

If this continues over the next few months, watch him target the election.

He's wanted this all along.

Re: This POS has just...

Jun 1, 2020, 7:51 PM

Someone has been targeting the election over the past few months already, and it isn’t Trump. There’s still too much time between now and November. There are probably one or two more dominos to fall if it looks like this crisis won’t do the trick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Scorched earth policy gaining new avenues.

Jun 1, 2020, 8:24 PM

And meanings. Trump's abysmal leadership is creating the very ground on which to claim more power, a swirling vortex of incompetence meets even greater responsibility as a result, swirling further into even greater chaos, and need for even more drastic measures, while the very individual this country needs to rely on most at times like these is one of the most incapable to perform at that level.

We reap what we sow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep

Jun 1, 2020, 8:29 PM

Crazy

Jun 1, 2020, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Scorched earth policy gaining new avenues. ]

If you think Trump had anything to do with the riots you have not been paying attention. The dems have been professing and demanding hate towards Trump from day 1. Their control over minorities, yes the dems control them through dependency, is blatantly obvious during this crisis. This is what the dems have been wanting and creating for a very long time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still haven't seen pictures of masses of Americans...

Jun 1, 2020, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Anger is not the emotion I'm feeling right now. ]

flooding into other countries to escape.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, let's wait and see what happens...

Jun 1, 2020, 7:46 PM

If our military starts opening up on them.

I'm also talking about the last 400 years.***

Jun 1, 2020, 7:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm also talking about the last 400 years.***

Jun 1, 2020, 7:53 PM

It’s so racist against brown and black skinned people here that people of color would never immigrate here. Legally or otherwise. Over the last 400 years.

Trump must be the new King George***

Jun 1, 2020, 7:55 PM

Re: Well, let's wait and see what happens...

Jun 1, 2020, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Well, let's wait and see what happens... ]

As long as it is directed on looters , arsonists and provocateurs I gots no problem. A few stern words or paradoxically appeasements are not working.

Protests are fine, the sheet happening now is not.

You're fine with...

Jun 2, 2020, 12:42 PM

The U.S. military used against our citizens for law enforcement.

Yep, here's our problem. American citizens who actually think is okay, want it to happen, and are foolish enough to trust our government to believe they will 100 percent target the right people.

Yes

Jun 2, 2020, 12:45 PM

Well, I'm sure we can trust our federal government....

Jun 2, 2020, 12:48 PM

And our military to no target or kill any innocent civilians during this process.

They did a stand up job of that in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Re: Well, I'm sure we can trust our federal government....

Jun 2, 2020, 1:00 PM

Well, point of order...

Jun 2, 2020, 3:30 PM

The National Guard is the military. Not former military. They are an extension of the armed forces.

I take issue with telling peaceful demonstrators that they have to obey a curfew.

And yeah, based on Iraq and Afghanistan, I don't think it's a good idea to turn them loose on the citizenry to enforce the law.

Re: Well, I'm sure we can trust our federal government....

Jun 2, 2020, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Well, I'm sure we can trust our federal government.... ]

Accidental TU, was trying to reply hit wrong button.

Why do liberals all think war is a neat little exercise that never results in death of non -combatants?

Stuff happens and is part and parcel of war. Now do not take this to mean some My Lai type shyte as that is a war crime.

Ha! Now I own your imaginary Internet point.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:32 PM

Suck it, T3.

Thanks for making my point. War is messy and will result in the death of innocent civilians?

Good. Thank you for making my point that we shouldn't use the military on our citizenry.

Re: You're fine with...

Jun 2, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to You're fine with... ]

I am fine with the National Guard under State Governor directives. Yes I am. The regular US military not so much, that is 3rd world dictator stuff.

That is what the Guard is for in fact, you may not like it but then again I get the feeling you enjoy the arson, riots and looting.

I wish you had clarified that before.

Jun 2, 2020, 3:33 PM

I too am fine with govenors--and only the governors--in this situation using the NG to maintain control if necessary.

But that's not what Trump said.

Yes, but Trump will be gone soon and things will get better.

Jun 1, 2020, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Anger is not the emotion I'm feeling right now. ]

Take heart in the fact that you never voted for such a sorry excuse for a human being in Donald Trump, nor would you ever.

Count your many blessings in life each morning and keep hope alive. Believe in the inherent goodness of people.

This too shall pass.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never voted for him either.

Jun 1, 2020, 7:41 PM

But will over Biden. :)

Don’t break Chuckston and Felix’s fantasy.***

Jun 1, 2020, 7:45 PM

Re: Yes, but Trump will be gone soon and things will get better.

Jun 1, 2020, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Yes, but Trump will be gone soon and things will get better. ]

It’s hard not to get frustrated knowing how much better everything would have been if only that sweet, wonderful, angel of a person Hillary had not had the election stolen from her.

So frustrating.
So FRUSTRATING!!!
Electoral College. Aaaaaargh!!

One could get deranged thinking about it. So I like thinking about kittens.

So his unhingement spread to the masses like a virus?***

Jun 1, 2020, 7:27 PM

Re: I was wrong, and I apologize

Jun 1, 2020, 7:27 PM

Naw, as long as it stays in those cesspool cities it will Peter out. Venture out of them though and you may be right.

Pretty much every city is having riots.***

Jun 1, 2020, 7:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty much every city is having riots.***

Jun 1, 2020, 8:13 PM

Point being? Most cities are cesspools imo.

Not really

Jun 1, 2020, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Pretty much every city is having riots.*** ]

So want another 50 point bet?

Jun 1, 2020, 7:49 PM

I say you're exaggerating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll ask Crump...

Jun 1, 2020, 9:29 PM

To just apply 50 points to your account to placate you because I've never seen so many grown men in one place care about imaginary points. Will that make you happy?

Jun 1, 2020, 7:50 PM

aint gonna be a civil war until folks get hungry and that aint happening

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 8:41 PM

Tru-dat

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup. And the Right Wingers ain’t even in this thing yet.***

Jun 1, 2020, 7:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yup. And the Right Wingers ain’t even in this thing yet.***

Jun 2, 2020, 10:22 AM

They'll be the first to #### their panties when the revolution comes. They're used to shooting at defenseless animals, not something that can fight back.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Charlottesville suggests otherwise.***

Jun 2, 2020, 12:37 PM

Oh, I don't know...

Jun 2, 2020, 1:20 PM

There was this guy, for instance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Cantwell

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

You were too stupid to realize the facts about your

Jun 1, 2020, 8:21 PM

Leftist sh*t. They don't want war. No one does. Wake up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

You can barely put a sentence together here.

Jun 1, 2020, 9:30 PM

Don't preach to anyone about intelligence.

And I know you're one of the ones gleefully hoping there's a civil war.

Just to make sure I’m clear.....

Jun 1, 2020, 10:32 PM

It’s gonna be a civil war now and not a fascist takeover when Trump refuses to hand over the Presidency at the end of his term? I love you man but I’m just one man and can’t keep track of all these hyperbolic dystopian prophecies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just to make sure I’m clear.....

Jun 2, 2020, 1:09 AM

Is it that outrageous to think we could be heading down a civil war road? This unrest is growing and now the president is threatening to send in the military against our own people.

I'll wait and see on the fascist takeover. But I'll make a friendly wager with you right now that before Nov. 3, he will either try to postpone the election or try to frighten people from going to the polls.

I think it’s overblown, and I base that off my own

Jun 2, 2020, 9:49 AM

Experiences and interactions with others in public over the past several days and in my entire life prior. There’s no sideways glances and scorn between blacks and whites. No suspicion and distrust. Just general harmony In public encounters, and I think that’s true in more places than not. That’s what life outside of media coverage is actually like. The people getting coverage and causing major problems are the same people always causing problems and getting coverage and they’re an incredibly small subset of the General population.

The black rioters don’t represent the blacks I know any more than the white antifa and supremacists represent the whites I know. I think that being in the biz, sometimes you might be too close to the trees to get a view of the forest...no slam against you, just the difficulty escaping the noise.

As for the friendly wager, I’m down if the criteria is “makes a formal action to postpone the election”. I don’t care about talking about it....I’m talking real, tangible actions. As for “frighten people”, that’s too nebulous and open to interpretation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And to piggyback on this post

Jun 2, 2020, 9:53 AM

we as Americans are really good at being distracted by the next thing coming. Whatever that is.

I like your funny words magic man

Re: I think it’s overblown, and I base that off my own

Jun 2, 2020, 12:41 PM [ in reply to I think it’s overblown, and I base that off my own ]

Well, I haven't been in the biz for 15 years now. But the main focus of my post is Trump's words; whether they have teeth or not, this is a treacherous threat to our freedom. If the president does indeed try to turn the military on the people, do you really trust him to target the right ones? Do you want him overriding the authority of governors and mayors in this case?

We can define the wager more clearly. My wager is he consults Congress and other authorities to see how to postpone the election at best.

I HOPE, the threat of using the Insurrection Act...

Jun 2, 2020, 12:57 PM

was done to motivate governors to step up their efforts to quell the looters and rioters.

If the states and cities cannot handle it themselves and the National Guard isn't enough to end this, then I don't think it's unreasonable to involve the military (although I 100% agree with your concerns).

If the state and local gov let the violence and damage continue on at some point it is an insurrection. There are clearly some ppl involved in this that would like nothing more than the government (take your pick on the level of government) to fall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 1:20 PM

Are you f'ing kidding me? What would you do, genius? Just let the looting continue? Have you not seen the videos from these riots?

I'm so glad we don't have somebody weak like you in the White House

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic