Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Don't Buy For a Minute This Garbage About Players/Teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,795

I Don't Buy For a Minute This Garbage About Players/Teams

Jan 2, 2019, 8:41 PM

Etc. "Not Wanting It" High level elite athletes who have been bred since Pop Warner to win just don't quit. In fact, players know when they try to play at 90% is when they get injured. Journalists who propagate this narrative are insane if they think this happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm okay with georgia saying they didn't want to be there

Jan 2, 2019, 8:43 PM

that's just the kind of program that they have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm okay with georgia saying they didn't want to be there

Jan 2, 2019, 9:00 PM

I don’t think it’s a matter of quitting or not wanting it bad enough, it’s a question of total commitment and an “all in” effort to play the game as the coaches wants you to play. It’s easy to let up a little bit when the stakes aren’t as high.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 9:23 PM

If it was me and my team, I would let them know, if you don't play you best everybody is going to say that we really didn't deserve a playoff spot. And if we go and play like crap, it will be easier for the committee to keep us out next year also!!! Losing that game do prove they didn't belong in the playoffs ahead of ND bc they won all they're games but one, and UGA lost 3!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 9:26 PM

UGA should be pretty embarrassed. Mainly because their fans ran their mouths about how they didn't get it and then lost to a 4 loss Texas team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Don't Buy For a Minute This Garbage About Players/Teams

Jan 2, 2019, 9:32 PM

Don’t think kids today are bred to win from an early age. They are bred to participate and every one will get a trophy for doing so. Final score has no meaning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia sucks.

Jan 2, 2019, 9:44 PM

And is inherently not a Championship program.
But there’s no denying the money is good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It's a Real Thing unfortunately!

Jan 2, 2019, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I Don't Buy For a Minute This Garbage About Players/Teams ]

Similarly to a heavy favorite "seemingly" sleep walking over a team they are supposed to steam roll! You aren't as intense. You don't get as much testosterone built up. The biggest thing is: YOUR FLIGHT OR FIGHT RESPONSE IS NOT INITIATED!
You don't feel threatened and don't get that extra umph you get when you are playing a team who you know can beat you!
This is why I can't wait to see the Tigers Monday. This will be the 1st game all year they are the underdog if I am not mistaken. That flight or fight will be high. So, really talented players will play even better b/c they have more adrenaline being pumped.
To me: this is why so many coaches "like the underdog role"! It makes their players play much looser! And with more "fearless anxiety"!

But, UGA in my opinion don't fit any of the above mentioned. They wanted to go out and show the committee they made a huge mistake and to never do it again. They just hot hooked by a bovine is all.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,795
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic