Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hypothetical Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 927

Hypothetical Question

Jan 3, 2016, 6:06 PM

The big 12 post got me thinking. Hypothetical question: If we were to leave the ACC due to lack of competition, what conference would you like to see us join? Which conference would give us a good path to the playoff without having to worry about SOS while still keeping our travel time down? This can also be a "new conference" that you have created. Just interested in the responses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Hypothetical Question

Jan 3, 2016, 6:21 PM

First off this isn't hypothetical.
It would cost Clemson 50 million to leave the conference.Fact.
Secondly,you have to be asked to join a conference.You can't pick and choose.Fact.
Thirdly,a new conference is the last thing you need,especially if you are talking SOS.
Which teams would join that are not all ready in one of the five power conferences.It would be a weak conference at best.
Clemson plays in the ACC because the SEC doesn't want Clemson due to the fact the coots are all
ready a member,and they don't need another team in a state that all ready has one team( just
speculation but have had this discussion before).
The SEC can't help Bama/Auburn and the two Mississippi schools,but the SEC would be more interested in going into North Carolina,or Virginia before bringing another S.C school in,no matter how "Hot" Clemson is right now.
And finally you don't really want to join the Big 12.Travel would be brutal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I seriously looked to see if this post was

Jan 3, 2016, 6:27 PM

from a few years ago.

How could we possibly still think the ACC is not right for us?

Yes, I realize you said it is hypothetical. Just wondering why it would even be brought up.

Because of an earlier post

Jan 3, 2016, 6:31 PM

hth.

It's an interesting question. I'd hate moving to the Big 12 because of how awful their fan bases are. OU, Texas and WVU have some of the most awful fans out there.

I feel like at some point there will be 64 teams that move away from the conference thing and create a league with divisions and an expanded playoff.

Re: Hypothetical Question

Jan 3, 2016, 6:38 PM

Let's focus on increasing the prestige of the ACC by winning big time. We have done an excellent job of that this year. The ACC now has Fuente coming in at Virginia Tech and Mark Richt coming to Miami. If they can get those two programs back on the national stage and if Georgia Tech can get their act together and Louisville comes back, the ACC will be in pretty solid shape. Don't forget those thugs down in Tally. Clemson, in my opinion, will never leave the ACC. At least not for a few decades.

Replies: 4
| visibility 927
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic