Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hunter Johnson is the highest rated QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Hunter Johnson is the highest rated QB

Aug 7, 2017, 10:27 AM

to ever sign with Clemson. Why people are not expecting this kid to come in and ball out is beyond me....maybe someone can help me out....

Nobody seems to be talking about him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody is talking about him...

Aug 7, 2017, 10:31 AM

His name is everywhere. Around half of us probably think he will be the starter. We are super excited for him, but we are also super excited for Trevor Lawrence. And lots of people are excited about Kelly Bryant and Zerrick Cooper and Chase Brice....

Snowflake Basher........Out

Even higher than willy corn?***

Aug 7, 2017, 10:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yes. Willy Korn dropped off during his senior HS season.***

Aug 7, 2017, 10:44 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes. Willy Korn dropped off during his senior HS season.***

Aug 7, 2017, 11:58 AM

It was sad to see Willy not even be able to throw a simple screen pass.

Willy Korn didn't have a shot in ####. The 1 time

Aug 7, 2017, 12:41 PM

He got to come and play serious snaps was a day gt's dline was murdering clemson's qbs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Willy went from either #2 or #3 overall at the start of his

Aug 7, 2017, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Yes. Willy Korn dropped off during his senior HS season.*** ]

senior season to like 98th overall and behind Stephen Garcia in the rankings.

Unfortunately, that luck and momentum followed him to Tiger Town. I really thought that dude was going to be special.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Check out my user name!!!!*******

Aug 8, 2017, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Even higher than willy corn?*** ]

Re: Hunter Johnson is the highest rated QB

Aug 7, 2017, 10:32 AM

Because he's young against a veteran who has been in the system for a while. Next year we have the highest rated recruit in Clemson history who happens to be a QB as well and is expected to take over nearly immediately.

Aug 7, 2017, 10:57 AM

The logic used in this post doesn't make much sense....

You expect Hunter Johnson to ride the pine behind a career backup but Trevor Lawrence to start immediately?

Hunter Johnson is a better fit for our offense than Lawrence just FYI....

Aug 7, 2017, 11:03 AM

If Hunter would have came in the year after Deshaun he would have been the "career backup". That term should be used very loosely. None of these guys would have played over the best player in the history of the school

Aug 7, 2017, 11:14 AM

you can't quite say that.. Deshaun was here three years, hunter could have had 2 years of starting. And also, as a more highly rated player, he has plenty of potential to surpass what Deshaun did.

Aug 7, 2017, 11:32 AM

I'm just saying if Hunter came when Kelly came he would have zero years as a starter going into this year.

To call Kelly a career backup is true but it has to be viewed in the correct context. Hunter would have been that same "career backup" going into this year had he arrived when Bryant did

KB has better stats .

Aug 7, 2017, 11:45 AM

KB
http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/gendersport/stats.aspx?careerid=cd652b4c-c81b-e311-99e4-002655e6c126&gendersport=boys,football

HJ
http://www.maxpreps.com/m/career/gendersport/stats.aspx?careerid=937a9fea-6925-e311-99e4-002655e6c126&gendersport=boys,football

And against better competition SC vs. IN***

Aug 7, 2017, 1:03 PM

And I've heard HJ was on a HS team with a bunch of turds

Aug 7, 2017, 1:08 PM

around him. That's why HS stats aren't a good method for comparing prospects.

Well golly.. then what can you use?***

Aug 7, 2017, 1:49 PM

Tucker Israel is best of all if you want to look at HS stats

Aug 7, 2017, 2:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Yup.. and better clemson stats than hunter johnson

Aug 7, 2017, 2:38 PM

Also.

Tucker Israel's HS stats dwarf those of every one of

Aug 7, 2017, 2:41 PM [ in reply to And I've heard HJ was on a HS team with a bunch of turds ]

our QB's, and that was against very tough competition (Class 7A Florida).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Guess jhop doesn't care bout no silly hs

Aug 7, 2017, 2:49 PM

Records or clemson records, or those silly clemson coaches.

Orly.. do tell. Based off what data?***

Aug 7, 2017, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Hunter Johnson is the highest rated QB ]

Aug 7, 2017, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Hunter Johnson is the highest rated QB ]

When you say better fit for our system, what do you mean exactly? I think TL will excel anywhere...he looks to be a superb talent. If the coaches thought he wasn't the right QB for us, they wouldn't have offered.

Also, I feel virtually every QB is being talked about with Cooper, Isreal, and Brice a bit less so than Bryant, Hunter, and future star Lawrence.

Aug 7, 2017, 12:10 PM

Being able to leave the pocket and make plays with your feet is a big part of our offense.....can TL do that?

We know Hunter Johnson can....

How do we know that?

Aug 7, 2017, 12:38 PM

I've only Seen him in 1 practice. Havnt seen TL in any clemson practices.

Aug 7, 2017, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Hunter Johnson is the highest rated QB ]

TL has wheels and will do fine running, but you'll probably wish that that he ran less after you see the arm talent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2017, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Hunter Johnson is the highest rated QB ]

They both have been timed at around 4.7 in the 40... You once again show you have no clue what you are talking about.

Good job Skeeter3.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Is that what he said?

Aug 7, 2017, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Hunter Johnson is the highest rated QB ]

No of course not. You're FOS as usual.

Re: Is that what he said?

Aug 7, 2017, 12:39 PM

What was your other screen name?

Aug 7, 2017, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Hunter Johnson is the highest rated QB ]

Good job insulting KB pathetic.

Aug 7, 2017, 10:40 AM

> to ever sign with Clemson. Why people are not
> expecting this kid to come in and ball out is beyond
> me....maybe someone can help me out....
>
> Nobody seems to be talking about him.

Doubt anyone on t-net is qualified to help a coot

Plus

Aug 7, 2017, 10:41 AM

he's got a pretty cool name.

Johnson?***

Aug 7, 2017, 11:00 AM

Yes

Aug 7, 2017, 11:22 AM

Wonder if he wears a purple helmet in practice.

I'm excited about him but

Aug 7, 2017, 11:11 AM

I'm also excited about the QB situation as a whole. None of them will be DW4 but if our defense maximizes their potential we will not need them to be. Listen if HJ is the QB great. I believe we will be in good hands but if someone beats him out that says a lot about that QB in my book.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What % of 5 star QBs ball out when they hit college?

Aug 7, 2017, 11:19 AM

50%? Higher?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what do you mean by ball out?***

Aug 7, 2017, 12:53 PM

I don't know, but i would say a very high % of Johnson's

Aug 7, 2017, 1:13 PM [ in reply to What % of 5 star QBs ball out when they hit college? ]

ball out in college.

Aug 7, 2017, 11:26 AM

You can bet that HJ will get every minute of playing time he deserves. Dabo and Company are not stupid. Tigernet ramblings mean nothing when it comes to playing time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2017, 11:38 AM

Yes. I'd say your orange colored glasses are helping you see this situation clearly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure

Aug 7, 2017, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Hunter Johnson is the highest rated QB ]

I told Dabo to stop playing Stoudt and start playing Watson. He listened, and now we're national champs.

You're welcome.

So it's your fault watson was hurt against GT

Aug 7, 2017, 1:52 PM

And cost clemson the nc in 14-15.

Because people are dum.

Aug 7, 2017, 11:31 AM

Sirriusly, a lot of folks were already locked down with Cooper this year, but most are looking past him to Trevor Lawrence who has the added prestige of being ranked #1 overall. As if it's a given that the #1 overall/#1 QB will be a better college QB than the #30 overall/#1 QB.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Aug 7, 2017, 11:41 AM

I think HJ is going to be just fine. He and TL will battle it out next two seasons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?***

Aug 7, 2017, 11:50 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well at least you didn't say "everyone" like most

Aug 7, 2017, 12:06 PM

exaggerations you post, but I'm still curious - who isn't expecting Hunter to be a great QB?

Re: Well at least you didn't say "everyone" like most

Aug 7, 2017, 12:32 PM

What was your handle before this one?

Aug 7, 2017, 12:43 PM

Haha. I've been asking him that for a while now. He never answers because he knows how obvious it is that he was someone else before changing to unshakable.

I already told you.

Aug 7, 2017, 12:58 PM

It was dsp.

Please move out of your mom's basement and join the real world where handles on a sports message board are pretty much irrelevant.

TIA advance. HTH that helps. ;);)

Re: I already told you.

Aug 7, 2017, 1:03 PM

Blasphemy

Re: I already told you.

Aug 7, 2017, 4:52 PM [ in reply to I already told you. ]

Haha. Wow. Yup, message board handles are really important to me. I post on here all the time. It's my life. I was just wondering because it's obvious you've had another screen name. This is the first time I've seen you answer that question, whether youve answered it or not.

Funny thing is you telling me to join the real world when you have to create multiple screen names on an imaginary internet free message board because you can't just stay away. Isn't it ironic, Dont ya think?

HTH lol giggles BYOB gtg ?????????????????? FYI pcp.

Yeah

Aug 7, 2017, 5:02 PM

I'm the one taking this seriously. Obviously.

Lol .. seriously.

Step away from the keyboard fella.

So you have no answer?***

Aug 7, 2017, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Well at least you didn't say "everyone" like most ]

Aug 7, 2017, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Well at least you didn't say "everyone" like most ]

What was yours?

Aug 8, 2017, 12:18 PM

hmm

Aug 7, 2017, 12:33 PM

Because it is KBs team right now.

Aug 7, 2017, 1:46 PM

I wouldn't say nobody is talking about him. But, once you get on the field you can forget about high school ratings. Willie Simmons was rated WAY higher than Charlie Whitehurst. Whitehurst was barely a three star. Besides that, every qb on Clemson's roster was highly rated.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2017, 2:01 PM

I just can't picture in my head of him being better than DW4 as a true freshman. But if he is, he will have the starting QB job before our 3d game. And that will mean that Auburn beat us down bc we couldn't match TDs with them. Or that we had to beat Auburn with many field goals....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHAT!!!

Aug 7, 2017, 4:54 PM

Most people actually think he has a legitment shot to start from day 1, that's right.
Or at least by Mid season, working in with Bryant.

KB is the starter.***

Aug 7, 2017, 7:18 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic