Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hunter Johnson/ZC/Tuker Isreal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,803

Hunter Johnson/ZC/Tuker Isreal

Sep 26, 2018, 8:18 AM

With KB missing two days of practice, it appears he is seriously considering transferring. I hope that is not the case bc we will need him this year. I do feel for the young man, but as others have posted, he still will get opportunities to play and earn the right to run out first in future games. With how things are going, I wonder if the coaches are reaching out to HJ/ZC/TI ?

I think HJ has already enrolled at NW, so he is out.

I think ZC has already enrolled at Jax State, so he is out.

But isn't TI still on campus set to graduate ??

If KB is done so he can transfer, that gives us TL, CB, Batson (who hasn't thrown in 5 weeks b/c of a broken finger), and Kendrick/Renfrow as our QB depth.

I really hope KB stays, but if he missed two practices, he isn't going to be playing this week.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hunter Johnson/ZC/Tuker Isreal

Sep 26, 2018, 8:27 AM

I still think CB is a pretty darn good QB, so let's not overlook him as a very good backup. That INT he had last week ricocheted off of our receiver's hands into a waiting defender, so not entirely his fault.

Personally, I don't think INT's should be counted against a QB if the ball hits their receiver first. JMO.

You are most likely correct saying that KB2 won't play this week due to missing multiple practices, but he could. It's not like he forgot how to ride a bike. JMO.

So, is Tucker still on campus? I've been wondering where he went. Maybe he will play somewhere next season. I think he slings it pretty well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 8:36 AM

I agree about CB being able to be a capable back-up. He has got meaningful snaps in 3 of the 4 games and Coach wouldn't bring his name up all the time whenever the KB/TL competition comes up in the media. CB has been limited in most situations when he plays bc we have been up big and everyone in the stadium knows he is probably going to hand it off to grind down the clock when we have a huge lead.

Whatever happens, we will be fine and I trust our coaches. Just listening to Dabo's press conference last night, you can tell why we are so lucky to have him as a coach. He truly cares about our players and their development as men first, football players second.

You can't deny though that QB is different. Similar position battles are happening all over the field (look at RG with Pollard and Cade Stewart switching starts every game.... Pollard won the NC as our starting RT his true freshman year and in his junior year is backing up at RG), but as much as you want to say QB is just another position... it is not.

*** Edited: Pollard is actually starting this week on the Cuse depth chart released.... Good for you Pollard !!!

You want to say its not cool KB took two days off after hearing the news, but for some reason, it is. I fear he is seriously checking out his options to transfer.

Message was edited by: bobbyb99®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 8:32 AM

Forgot about Kendrick. He was pretty dynamic in high school at qb I thought.

Renfrow!!! He could throw it to himself on those 3rd and

Sep 26, 2018, 9:21 AM

real shorts.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,803
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic