Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Harper to Turn Professional
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Jan 9, 2011, 5:11 PM

Clemson's Top Rusher to Enter NFL Draft Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

horrible decision, he will be lucky to get drafted or even..

Jan 9, 2011, 5:16 PM

signed as a free agent. However he is extremely talented, wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be a hidden gem. But based on his bad fundamentals for most of his career at Clemson it's highly unlikely he will get drafted. Seriously where do some of these kids who only have shot at being drafted in the 6th or 7th round get their advice from.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: horrible decision, he will be lucky to get drafted or even..

Jan 9, 2011, 5:21 PM

I agree totally. If Ellington had stayed healthy I think you would have seen less and less of Harpers playing time.

exactly why he is leaving, stats not going to get better***

Jan 9, 2011, 5:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even though he didn't live up to expectations, he still did

Jan 10, 2011, 12:46 AM [ in reply to Re: horrible decision, he will be lucky to get drafted or even.. ]

produce, he had like 700 yards rushing and 300 yards receiving so he still had a decent season, it's just that he displayed terrible fundamentals for a running back of his size during his time here. If he can become a one cut running back he could become a hidden gem and be a good pro, he already has great pass catching abilities.

With his size, speed and ability to catch the ball.....

Jan 9, 2011, 5:32 PM [ in reply to horrible decision, he will be lucky to get drafted or even.. ]

he should do well at the NFL combines which will greatly influence his draft status. Could see him as a 3rd to 5th rounder and if an NFL coach can get him to run N/S, he could be a good one.

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

Re: With his size, speed and ability to catch the ball.....

Jan 9, 2011, 6:01 PM

My knee jerk reaction was that he was insane. The more I've thought about it, the more I think you're right. His situatin may be the same as Bowers in that their stock will never be higher. Of course, that means something different in each of their cases...

If a coach can get inside his head and get him to use his size, with his catching ability, he may stick around at the next level.

Jan 9, 2011, 8:43 PM

Had the same initial reaction. Then got to thinking about the 2 RS freshman + plus potentially 2 new blue chips incoming. Add in a more dedicated spread offense and Harper's best playing time probably came this year. Atleast he's got the Auburn TD catch and the FlaSt game for his resume. I think he's making a calculated decision and hopefully get's a shot at the combine to impress. If he can get drafted (atleast make a practice squad), then play it out and return for his degree later.

Jamie, thanks for the hard running between the tackles. At times you reminded me of how Raymond Priester used to punish defenders.

Jan 9, 2011, 9:00 PM

"Thanks for the hard running between the tackles"?!? I hope that was a sarcastic remark - a Raymond Priester he is not! I don't recall any consistent hard running between the tackles from Harper despite his size to do so.

230lb Back who runs like 175 lbs back _ GREAT***

Jan 10, 2011, 8:39 AM

I agree he will impress at the combine....

Jan 9, 2011, 6:08 PM [ in reply to With his size, speed and ability to catch the ball..... ]

assuming he even gets an invite. That's not a guarantee.

Dude - seriously what impresses u about this kid as a player***

Jan 10, 2011, 8:40 AM

you don't play football at the combine

Jan 10, 2011, 4:14 PM

good power, good speed, great hands.... he's not a bad player.

Re: horrible decision, he will be lucky to get drafted or even..

Jan 10, 2011, 10:15 AM [ in reply to horrible decision, he will be lucky to get drafted or even.. ]

I could not agree more with you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Harper to Turn Professional

Jan 9, 2011, 5:17 PM

doing it in 3 baby!

in seriousness, good luck harper!

Actually a pretty good decision...

Jan 9, 2011, 5:21 PM

As we all know, Harper is likely to be 3rd or maybe 4th string next year. Several years ago, CJ Gaddis was in the same position. So, he left and got drafted late. Harper could go in the 5th or 6th round maybe, but if he is 4th string next year, he will not get drafted at all in 2012.

3rd or 4th string next year? you are assuming an awful lot

Jan 9, 2011, 5:26 PM

1) Ellington's injury concerns me. I'm not sure he will be the same AE. I really hope I am wrong.

2) signing Bellamy. I'll believe it when he is on campus. Even then, putting a lot of pressure on a freshman.

Plus, Harper is the thunder to anyone playing lightning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo...the spread is not a great O for Jamie. He will be a

Jan 9, 2011, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Actually a pretty good decision... ]

decent pro back. Some of you guys parrot the things you keep hearing about this kid not getting drafted..the combines will determine that, not T-Net. Good Luck Jamie, wish you the best.

Re: Bingo...the spread is not a great O for Jamie. He will be a

Jan 9, 2011, 7:44 PM

Are you Jamie's agent!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bingo...the spread is not a great O for Jamie. He will be a

Jan 10, 2011, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Bingo...the spread is not a great O for Jamie. He will be a ]

I, too, wish him nothing but the best. I hope all of us who think this is a bad decision are wrong, but I don't imagine we are. You know, we are right about so many other things, Ha, Ha, Ha. With a decent OL and a real OC, his skills may avail themselves like none of us have seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He Should get his degree and work like the rest of us***

Jan 10, 2011, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Actually a pretty good decision... ]

Jan 9, 2011, 5:23 PM

Jamie has the potential to be a really good RB - fast, strong, fearless, great hands. His only obvious problem is that he is a "dancer"! Rather than seeing a seam and hitting it full blast, he has always danced around looking for a Hole. There is not always a hole! There are always creases and seams. You hit one of them and dig! Our backs coach could not get Jamie to change his ways, which was my biggest gripe with him.

If he gets drafted, he will have to change his running style or settle for a ticket home.

Good Luck, Jamie! Thank you for your contributions. I wish you the very best! Make us proud!

Re: Harper - great running behind his pads

Jan 9, 2011, 5:26 PM

we just don't see enough of it usually. I wish him the best and he always said he would be here three so while I think he should stay its his career. I hope it works out for him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2011, 5:44 PM

Unfortunate for him. He should have stayed another year. He got bad advice from someone. I wish him the best, but fear we will see "cut" by his name, even if drafted higher than anticipated. He should have learned from CJ and Jacoby.

Good luck, Jamie

Jan 9, 2011, 6:21 PM

I wish you nothing but the best. I would have loved to see you go out with a bigger "bang" at Clemson but you'll always be a Tiger and part of the family. The TD catch you had against Auburn is hands-down the highlight play of the year for me and I hope you make many such plays in the NFL. Best of luck to you!

Good luck to Jamie in the future. I wish him the best.***

Jan 9, 2011, 6:47 PM

Hrmmm NFL Advisory says undrafted

Jan 9, 2011, 6:51 PM

yet he still leaves.
He comes from a solid middle class amily so money isnt a major issue.
Has acceptable grades so he is not in danger of being an academic casualty.

I can't help but think he can't let his pride get past his announcement where he said he would be gone in 3. I just think e didnt want to live with the "ribbing" of his teammates and family as I know him to be a very proud person.

None the less I wish him the very best and hope he becomes an MVP level NFL player.

God Bless and Good Luck #8

Didnt Like the idea of sitting on bench

Jan 10, 2011, 8:38 AM

If he cant start on the team this year - then he certainly wioll not next year

Willie Parker

Jan 9, 2011, 7:11 PM

Hopefully Jamie gets a chance like Parker did. A ton of NFL players were never household names in college.

difference was UNC hardly played Parker***

Jan 10, 2011, 12:49 AM

good luck....you are gonna need it.***

Jan 9, 2011, 7:54 PM

Frank Tomera to Turn Professional

Jan 9, 2011, 7:55 PM

Fjhdf

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Do NOT besmirch the name of the great Tomera.***

Jan 9, 2011, 8:17 PM

Re: Do NOT besmirch the name of the great Tomera.***

Jan 9, 2011, 10:44 PM

Not to drop a big name or anything, but Frank sat behind me in Health class. Quiet, skinny, tall, and easily as handsome as Dirk Nowitski. If I recall, his first shot was a banked-in 3 pointer?

You're welcome... oh wait he didn't thank the fans.....***

Jan 9, 2011, 9:04 PM

Sad when the gamecock fan is the one who says something

Jan 9, 2011, 9:18 PM

nice about Haper. Boy Tiger nation is getting pathetic, this board is nothing but negative so called fans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad what people have become... "Your a coot

Jan 9, 2011, 10:21 PM

if you don't think like me!" Bryanttiger and those like them are the reason this board is pathetic. It's always "Coot this, coot that." (week 4) You don't like Parker? YOU'RE a COOT! (week 7) You LIKE Parker, you're a coot. Maybe this is why Harper didn't thank the fans. Probably got called a coot for trying. Maybe called a coot for fumbling the first play from scrimmage that he said he wouldn't go to Clemson unless he got. Who knows. Hell of an effort giver. Oh well good luck.

Best of Luck!

Jan 9, 2011, 10:32 PM

But...

Jan 9, 2011, 10:36 PM

All the best Jamie. Maybe you'll get some holes to run to and through in the NFL.

Bahaha

Jan 9, 2011, 10:58 PM

I love our Tigers and will support them... But who is giving this guy his information? He is not going to get picked... He'll be stuck hoping to make it onto a practice squad after the draft.

Re: Bahaha

Jan 10, 2011, 12:06 AM

Sadly, I do agree. I expect he could feel the heat from Ballemy and Lane and Ellington. I'm not sure he would get a lot of playing time for us next year, either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck Jamie. You're nowhere close to ready for the NFL*

Jan 10, 2011, 12:41 AM

nm

Knows he's not better than talent coming in***

Jan 10, 2011, 8:36 AM

Appearly the kid has no friends.... "Hey dude thats bad idea***

Jan 10, 2011, 8:42 AM

The way I see it, it's called "Dropping out of School"***

Jan 10, 2011, 9:58 AM

Jan 10, 2011, 10:26 AM

Ok my first instinct was that this was a bad decision...but look at it this way. Harper would be back behind Ellington next year. While he would play, he probably wouldnt get as many touches as he did this year since AE got hurt. Statistically, this was probably his best show to get into the NFL.

He probably couldn't handle the new CU offense anyway***

Jan 10, 2011, 2:00 PM

Jan 10, 2011, 5:08 PM

20 rushes for 34 yards in the Meineke Car Care Bowl. A pro?

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic