Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hows this Jersey girl monetizing her freshman year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1,115

Hows this Jersey girl monetizing her freshman year

Oct 30, 2019, 3:00 PM

any different than players getting bucks for their image on tha web?

https://youtu.be/_JwIwW7zURY

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

She is much more annoying***

Oct 30, 2019, 3:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JFC

Oct 30, 2019, 3:04 PM

The sheer thought of how high maintenance, needy, and entitled those girls must be just sent me into a deep depression at the thought of my son trying to score with them in a couple years.

Uber to tailgating? AYFKM?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yeah, and fathers of daughters.......friend's daughter

Oct 30, 2019, 3:10 PM

is a freshman at Alabama. There's a sorority there with $10k/year+ dues. Yeah. 5 figure sorority dues.

I'm not saying I wouldn't laugh out loud if my daughter brought such a request to me, I'm just saying such a scenario shouldn't even exist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too many words. And very few of them nice or complimentary

Oct 30, 2019, 3:23 PM

So I'll just post this and save the verbal carnage that would be my thoughts on this video.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tuition, room, board, meal plan, and books were barely

Oct 30, 2019, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Oh yeah, and fathers of daughters.......friend's daughter ]

$10K/year in the '90s. Early '90s, at least.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, remind me...what was Johnstone a semester...

Oct 30, 2019, 3:36 PM

I'm thinking it was $1000-1200? I remember a full meal plan (21 meals/week) for the semester was about $800.

It's amazing now that even "affordable" colleges will throw out $10k/year as a starting point for room and board.

And let's not pretend like Johnstone wasn't priced at almost

Oct 30, 2019, 3:42 PM

precisely what it was worth. I'm pretty sure Johnstone D had been condemned in the '80s, almost a decade before I got there. But it helped make me the person I am today. I know what it's like to be (basically) homeless. Like if my corrugated tin roof hut under the 526 overpass had a resident assistant harrassing me about my burn barrel...that's the Johnstone experience. I appreciate my popcorn ceilings and Corian countertops because of Johnstone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I could find a residence hall like Johnstone at my son's

Oct 30, 2019, 3:48 PM

future University/College, I'd make that choice 1 on the housing application.

On the other hand, I was driving around Clemson with my parents a year or so ago, and for grins drove through Goldenwood.....after about 90 seconds of silence, my mom just said "We let you live here? I'm trying to remember what we were thinking."

Goldenwoods is an aberration, to be sure.

Oct 30, 2019, 3:52 PM

That place is a goddamned war zone the last time I saw it, a few years ago. It was already not great in 1997, and it looks like something just short of $0 has been invested in those units since then. I wonder if the various owners even care that they still own them, or if it's just squatters that live there now. You'd spend more on lawyers, paperwork, and realtors than those things are worth, if I had to guess.

My landlord for the house I rented in Six Mile was the

Oct 30, 2019, 4:17 PM

developer on those. He also tried to hire me away from the bar I managed to work for him at the Goldenwoods bar, but I turned that down because his wife was going to be the manager with zero bar/restaurant experience.

I went to more than a few parties in those units, and at the time they were pretty nice (for the era) simply because they were new. When we bought our condo in Clemson 9 years ago, we looked at a couple of those units and I was shocked at what that neighborhood had crumbled into. One of the issues with those is that each pair of connected units has ZERO oversight...no HOA or governance of any kind laying out the responsibilities between the adjoined owners or neighborhood as a whole, so I could keep mine up and the guy next door could let his rot away and drag MY value down with it. Those have to be the WORST investment in Clemson real estate anywhere in the city limits. It would not shock me if somewhere down the line another developer came in and bought all of it up in order to raze it and start over again.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't imagine more than a hand's worth of the ~100 units

Oct 30, 2019, 4:21 PM

in Goldenwoods would make any sort of sense to attempt to renovate, and even less so if nobody else is doing it. A full raze is the only likely scenario.

Apartments never get better with age.

Oct 30, 2019, 4:25 PM

I lived in one of those 30 years ago and they were garbage then.

Cedarwoods units were fairly well built and are on their

Oct 30, 2019, 4:41 PM

third generation of renovations. A lot of the units there are now weekend football condos. Those will still be there for many more years, and that complex was built just a couple of years after Goldenwoods. Some of the exterior decking could probably use a refresh, but all in all they were far better construction than the typical student housing boom complexes were. We looked at some of the units in a couple of the mega-complexes in Central, which were less than 10 years old at the time, and they were starting to fall in on themselves. The other pluses for Cedarwoods are location, and the fact that it's not a party complex. It's a mix of weekend football condos, upperclassmen/grad students, and even some locals living there now, so the destructive element has always been kept to a minimum there. At least since Lakebum1® graduated and left the neighborhood ;)

re: Central, did you look at University Village?

Oct 30, 2019, 4:47 PM

got a few in there and some in Tillman place saved in zillow....the UV place seems like it was built to last 15 years, and then just blow away in the wind

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that's exactly the one that I remember looking like

Oct 30, 2019, 4:49 PM

it was built by the packaging science department out of corrugated cardboard.

plus, dem HOA dues

Oct 30, 2019, 4:55 PM

~$3500/yr

F that S, nomsayin?

Seriously?

Oct 31, 2019, 9:50 AM

We never did more than walk through and rule it out. That's insane.

110%, serious as a frank howard throatpunch***

Oct 31, 2019, 10:33 AM

Since we were looking at doing a full interior renovation

Oct 30, 2019, 4:32 PM [ in reply to I can't imagine more than a hand's worth of the ~100 units ]

anyway and the price point was there, we went and looked. After walking through a couple of them, it looked like they need as much or more structural work as they did cosmetic work. They weren't built great to begin with. They also have a real head-scratcher of a floor plan with some odd interior angles. But, at least they aren't sinking into the ground or spewing some kind of strage foam substance from the faucets like some of the high dollar offerings downtown have had in the past couple of years.

pigs of landlord's wife?***

Oct 30, 2019, 5:05 PM [ in reply to My landlord for the house I rented in Six Mile was the ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

remind me---I think we've figured this one out before

Oct 30, 2019, 5:57 PM [ in reply to My landlord for the house I rented in Six Mile was the ]

Was Scott your landlord?

I remember him living in one of those units when I was there, after said wife had taken most of his liquidity.

Exactly.

Oct 31, 2019, 9:48 AM

We have indeed had this conversation before. She was quite a piece of work. I would pop into Goldenwoods from time to time and marvel at the way she was running the place. She had to be selling beer for below cost much of the time, and the nachos they served were Doritos with a half pound of taco seasoned ground beef on top of them. She was throwing money away left and right, no way the place was going to break even. I kick myself every time I think that Scott offered my the house in Six Mile just before I left town for 60k. The house was worth twice that then, and I'm sure it's worth close to ten times that now.

As he is coming of age, LilSlac#1 has been cautioned

Oct 30, 2019, 3:31 PM [ in reply to JFC ]

about girls like this. His music has brought him some fan girls, but luckily he's leaned towards the cute nerdy types so far.

She doesnt have

Oct 30, 2019, 3:07 PM

private tutors, relaxed curriculum, catered meal plans specifically for her, a nutritionist, access to a state of the art gym, personal trainers, access to healthcare if something goes wrong during her studies, trips at least 6 times a year with stipend, bowl gifts, free education (worth more than $100k all around, need I remind you), free clothing (both casual and business) and campus royalty going for her.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

she might***

Oct 30, 2019, 3:07 PM

Clearly you haven't met her daddy. ***

Oct 30, 2019, 3:10 PM [ in reply to She doesnt have ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yo.

Oct 30, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to She doesnt have ]

Gamecocks don't get bowl gifts this year, so their deal is less spectacular.

SUBSCRIBE***

Oct 30, 2019, 3:08 PM

She just reinforces the fact that, all these years later,

Oct 30, 2019, 3:24 PM

duct tape can STILL fix pretty much anything.

You're not a handyman are you?

Oct 30, 2019, 3:25 PM

Did you see how much makeup she put on? Gorilla tape wouldn't stick to that.

Massage moved by Arthur

Oct 30, 2019, 3:32 PM

Biting my tongue, refuse to go past a facepalm***

Oct 30, 2019, 3:27 PM [ in reply to She just reinforces the fact that, all these years later, ]

What in the bluefuck are you talking about?

Oct 30, 2019, 3:36 PM

Spit it out, man.

You're talking about taping her mouf shut

Oct 30, 2019, 3:30 PM [ in reply to She just reinforces the fact that, all these years later, ]

and her arms behind her back so you can bufu her in the back of your college beater right?

RIGHT?????????

I guess I could tape my ears shut, but that doesn't sound

Oct 30, 2019, 3:35 PM

particularly comfortable, so let's go with your plan.

Those girls might send random side boob pigs to your phone

Oct 30, 2019, 3:26 PM

but aint none of them gonna touch a ##### unless it's on a Chad that's already graduated and set up nicely at his daddy's lawyers farm. They MIGHT let you fingerblast them once if you get em real drunk but no way they'll take one on the face, despite how much it looks like they already take it on the face.

Then again, I wouldn't go for any of them anyways. I'm not into A cups.

is that a monkey?***

Oct 30, 2019, 3:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two things: you know the demographics of what I coach

Oct 30, 2019, 5:07 PM

I am not shocked in the least. Social media for girls 14 to 28 has become a complete narcissistic exercise that they compete with each other on. Even kids I think are great kids, still are wrapped up in it. I legit have seen them take 20 pictures until they got the EXACT lighting and look that they want to convey.

Yes, we need a new pandemic.

Secondly, upper deck ? Even for a freshman, that is just POOR AF.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they're all like that, they need to be put up there***

Oct 30, 2019, 6:54 PM

this is awful

Oct 31, 2019, 9:32 AM

the sheer excitement on the look of all of their faces just from looking into a phone and knowing they're filming themselves sickens me to no end. i mean...how ###### are we? how in the hell are these dip ##### supposed to come into society and make a positive economical impact? what problem could they possibly solve?

i don't have kids yet, and idk how i'm going to do it b/c who the fock knows how bad it's going to be by the time mine would get in college. is shaming these types of people going to be some form of new racism? b/c i am 1,000% going to teach my chirren that people that look at themselves and film their conversations with themselves for people to watch are not only certifiably crazy, but are undoubtedly dumber then a bag of focking hammers and useless for society.

I don't have any social media, except this and the snap chat which I limit to 20 friends.

Back in the day, people who had access to talk to mass amounts of the population typically earned that through education and experience in their respective work force. Now, any dip #### on the planet can get their phone and post a video for their dumb ### focking blog that informs people of this massive amount of useless information. Even worse, their opinions on matters that far exceed their intellectual ability are available for even dumber people to see.

Chaps my focking ###

Look at this tool bag.

Oct 31, 2019, 9:52 AM

He puts videos of his own reactions to a Star Wars trailer on Youtube.

I've been thinking I may film my reaction to his reaction of the Star Wars trailer, and post THAT on youtube. I'll be a star!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4z4vtJpt4E

This is kinda who we are today, as a nation.

Oct 31, 2019, 10:23 AM

We can't have Jersey Shore and various spinoffs on the air for a decade, without ramifications.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1,115
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic