Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This new AD Radishovich..or what ever his name is, is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

This new AD Radishovich..or what ever his name is, is

Jul 18, 2013, 6:41 PM

starting to #### me off!!
He postpones the WEZ project to see where else he may want to spend the money that was set aside for it; decides the WEZ doesn't need to be football only and wants to move other athletic dept personnel in....now, he has removed Tim Bourett as SID against Tim's wishes so he can install an outsider!!

What is his deal???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Is crazy right...

Jul 18, 2013, 6:46 PM

doesn't he know his title is Football director, not Athletic Director.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Who ever said...

Jul 18, 2013, 6:51 PM

that money that has been given to the West Endzone project would be spent elsewhere? And I don't care what you "heard" from somebody or read on the Internet. Has anybody from Clemson ever said that?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This new AD Radishovich..or what ever his name is, is

Jul 18, 2013, 7:00 PM

He spent GT into oblivion before coming to Clemson, and interestingly enough, we won't hire a coach who has NCAA violations in their recent history, but GT is on probation, I'm pretty sure, and it was under his watchful eye that it happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2013, 7:05 PM

Link to Bourret being replaced?

Reported by TCI.***

Jul 18, 2013, 7:09 PM

Re: Reported by TCI.***

Jul 18, 2013, 7:23 PM

Link?

They prefer for people to register...

Jul 18, 2013, 7:33 PM

in order to read their "Insider Reports". I will abide by their wishes and not C&P their information.

Re: They prefer for people to register...

Jul 18, 2013, 8:01 PM

Don't know that site. Didn't mean for C&P. Thought there might be a link.
Thanks.

Re: They prefer for people to register...

Jul 18, 2013, 8:35 PM

http://www.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=2

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never understood the hire to start with

Jul 18, 2013, 7:19 PM

He was an average AD at GT at best. He left GT not in the best financial shape. He seems like he just goes through the motions. Just kind of a 'whatever' person. Not very enthusiastic about anything.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I have met him...

Jul 18, 2013, 7:35 PM

and he absolutely is NOT "going through the motions". He is very enthusiastic and always willing to talk to fans. At least that's been my experience with him.

Re: I have met him...

Jul 18, 2013, 8:28 PM

Good. I would like to be wrong. I hope he is

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I was visiting with Bob Mahony

Jul 18, 2013, 8:33 PM

about my contribution to the Doug Kingsmore renovation project when he stuck his head in the door to ask Bob a question. He turns to me and says "Hi, I'm Dan" and then commented on the large amount of baseball memorabilia in Bob's office (and it is substantial - autographed posters from every CWS appearance since 1991 and about 3 or 4 dozen autographed baseballs). I've always found Dan Radakovich to be very engaging and outgoing. He has a very different personality from Terry Don Phillips, which isn't a slam on either one; they're just different.

Re: I was visiting with Bob Mahony

Jul 18, 2013, 9:32 PM

you may be right as I dont know Dan. The time I met TDP he spent considerable time with me and was very open and friendly. Of course maybe that was just on a good day

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will put his stamp on Clemson by forcing through the

Jul 18, 2013, 7:55 PM [ in reply to I never understood the hire to start with ]

new arena and then bail. Its a resume bullet point.

It's all relative... talk to a majority of GT fans, and they

Jul 18, 2013, 9:35 PM [ in reply to I never understood the hire to start with ]

will tell you he righted the financial ship. I remember reading one GT talk about all the holes in the program that were gushing money, and Rad help plug most of them, while also making key facility upgrades.

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

I think Radakovich is doing a great job.

Jul 18, 2013, 7:21 PM

His job is tough in that he has limited funds and spending money on one thing means he's not spending it somewhere else.

If you had done your research, you would know that although the next phase of the WEZ is on hold, we are still going to upgrade locker rooms after this season and make other small improvements as well. Remember, this is on the heels of a ton of money spent on football (other phases of the WEZ, indoor practice facility, etc.). You are making it sound like Radakovich is cutting football salaries or something.

Littlejohn Coliseum is a huge problem right now, in that we are a program with tons of potential placed at a huge disadvantage by facilities. As much as I love football, it makes sense to address Littlejohn now before we fall even farther behind other programs in the ACC.

He is still making improvements to Doug Kingsmore for baseball. He is still making improvements to Historic Riggs Field for soccer. And he is also exploring ideas for new sports at Clemson.

All of these things, to me, suggest a healthy athletic department and balanced leadership from the top.

What would you do differently? Spend it all on football and have a reputation as an athletic department that doesn't care about other sports?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

ReI think Radakovich is doing a great job.-New locker rooms?

Jul 18, 2013, 7:32 PM

For football? They are like 4 years old? WTH??

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently...

Jul 18, 2013, 7:39 PM

Clemson is in some huge rush to compete with Alabama football and since the Tide just improved their locker room, Clemson has to run out and do the same. Ridiculous. The baseball and soccer locker rooms have basically been untouched for the better part of a decade, but football has to be treated like the end-all and be-all of sports.

You won't like this but it kinda is

Jul 18, 2013, 7:51 PM

Baseball and Soccer need major upheavals...which they will get very shortly. But we always need to be ready to upgrade football. Unfortunately it has turned into an arms race, and we do not need to get into the belief we had in the 90s and early 2000s of "hey we just did something to make it prettier, we don't have to worry about it for a while." This applies to all sports, but certainly football.

Every facility needs to be constantly evaluated these days to see if it is adequate, above grade, or needs touch ups. We honestly should be doing touch-ups to football, basketball, baseball and soccer every 5 years

But just because Alabama upgraded its locker room...

Jul 18, 2013, 7:57 PM

doesn't mean that Clemson has to instantly go out and do the same thing. That work, like the oculus and the museum, is a frill. There are other fundamental, basic problems that need to be corrected first.

Re: But just because Alabama upgraded its locker room...

Jul 18, 2013, 8:02 PM

so are you saying we dont need a waterfall in our weight room or something.

Re: Apparently...

Jul 18, 2013, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Apparently... ]

Let's be fair. It pays for just about everything else to exist. You want to see baseball live on its own money? Things would get UGLY.

I'm being MORE than fair...

Jul 18, 2013, 8:08 PM

football has received over 50 million dollars worth of facility upgrades in the last 6 or so years and baseball has received about 5 (not counting what's in the planning stages). Basketball has received very little in facility upgrades, as has soccer. How about let's be fair to the other sports? Remodeling the football locker room that's only 4 years old is a frill.

It is the be all, end all of sports

Jul 18, 2013, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Apparently... ]

Without football we wouldn't even a dot on the map as a college.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it isn't...

Jul 18, 2013, 9:47 PM

Clemson existed BEFORE there was football (it wasn't even the first varsity sport played) and Clemson would exist if there WEREN'T football. Football has had its share of improvements over the last few years while other sports have received nothing (or at least very little).

Never said we wouldn't exist. However no logical person can

Jul 18, 2013, 10:01 PM

argue with a straight face that the Clemson we know today would exist in any similarity without football.

We spent a lot of money on basketball and baseball over the last 10 to 15 years. Neither sport has improved in my opinion. If we are going to spend money on either of these sports, it ought to be for new coaches.

You are so ill-informed it's pathetic.***

Jul 18, 2013, 10:10 PM

Of course "baseball fan" doesn't have a bias for other sport***

Jul 18, 2013, 11:03 PM

do we upgrade locker rooms every other year?***

Jul 18, 2013, 7:56 PM [ in reply to I think Radakovich is doing a great job. ]

Re: do we upgrade locker rooms every other year? - yes

Jul 18, 2013, 9:08 PM

whether we need to or not. ;)

Re: I think Radakovich is doing a great job.

Jul 18, 2013, 9:33 PM [ in reply to I think Radakovich is doing a great job. ]

sells more season tix than GT and some others have seat capacity so the job is not so tough.

We have zero potential in basketball.

Jul 18, 2013, 9:40 PM [ in reply to I think Radakovich is doing a great job. ]

Throwing money away if you put anything in basketball.

You're joking, right?***

Jul 18, 2013, 11:08 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sadly, no.

Jul 18, 2013, 11:40 PM

As much as I enjoyed standing in Littlejohn as Clemson beat Duke for the ACC regular season championship, it will likely be the highlight of Clemson basketball in my lifetime.

I'd rather spend the money on football. The risk vs reward consideration is more favorable for football. Unless we have money to burn (which we apparently don't), spend the money on football.

The money has already been SPENT on football...

Jul 18, 2013, 11:45 PM

why don't you people understand that? Clemson has spent over 50 million dollars on football facilities in the last 6 or 7 years. No other sport (for that matter all other sports COMBINED) has seen that kind of investment. Football doesn't NEED anything else. The needs are much greater in other sports.

And we need to spend more on football

Jul 18, 2013, 11:50 PM

Football is the goose which lays the golden eggs.

So clueless...

Jul 18, 2013, 11:57 PM

Thank God YOU aren't in the administration.

Jul 18, 2013, 7:25 PM

This guy does not seem to "get Clemson!" Plus he hired Paul Johnson at GT. His judgments seem suspect to me.

Jul 18, 2013, 7:33 PM

cost them an ACC championship bungling the investigation. glad some here are waking up.

Jul 18, 2013, 7:30 PM

this is a hire Barker should have left for his successor. could have done interim till new pres was appointed

However that would leave arguably the 3 most impt postitions

Jul 18, 2013, 7:47 PM

At the university in limbo. Pretty risky move. The 3 I'm referring to are President, provost and Athletic Director

If true

Jul 18, 2013, 7:48 PM

Then that stinks about Tim Bourett getting fired.

Tim Bourrett is NOT being fired...

Jul 18, 2013, 7:51 PM

he is concentrating on football only.

Gotcha..I should have read

Jul 18, 2013, 7:53 PM

every post instead of the cliff notes version.

Jul 18, 2013, 8:46 PM

Tim was an outsider at one time.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

So were...

Jul 18, 2013, 9:34 PM

John Heisman, Frank Howard, Danny Ford, Cliff Ellis, Rick Barnes and Bill Wilhelm to name just a few.

$Millionaire GT friend of mine said Rad was hated there & he

Jul 18, 2013, 11:09 PM

had caused several of their programs to go South..including FB. This guy has given over a million dollars to GT..and he's so glad Rad's left..and might even consider joining IPTAY to thank us for taking him.

What say you & what have you heard about Rad.

gOTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More from "dimbulbbill"...

Jul 18, 2013, 11:25 PM

just what we need.

You're a whiner***

Jul 19, 2013, 12:14 AM

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic