Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How would you grade each position?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

How would you grade each position?

Sep 1, 2013, 3:58 PM

QB; A
Tajh just being Tajh.

RB: A
Hot Rod and Brooks both made key plays in both the running and passing game. Definitely not a weakness on this offense.

WR: B
Sammy did well and Charone looked pretty good, but the rest of the corp was fairly disappointing. Martavius did make the most important grab of the night though.

TE: A-
Seckinger sealed the deal and played pretty well all game. Darrell Smith also was a nice physical presence. A few missed blocks at the line, but they are young for the most part.

OL: A-
Dominated, especially in the running game. Some hicups here and there, but it's the first game of the year.

DL: A
This line is young and has great depth. And don't forget: The "experts" mentioned multiple times how experienced that UGA OL was. I forsee this many sacks and hurry ups for this group. Heck, Corey Crawford may lead the nation in INTs the way he snagged that ball ;)

LB: B
Overall, did okay. Did better against the run than dropping back into coverage (even though Gurshall rocked the box score). I thought Shuey was clearly the best LB out there.

DBs: C
I gave them a C since it was the first game, but we won't be winning championships with that kind of performance. The space given to those UGA WR's was absurd. (Maybe that one is on Venables play calling?) What disappointed me the most was the poor open field tackling. Too much arm tackling rather than squaring your shoulders and driving. Hopefully this young group can use this game to learn from.

Overall: A-
Great win for this team. Obviously, there is some improvement needed, but for Week 1, I thought we were pretty dang strong.

What do you think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kickoffs A, FG unit A, Punt returns D-***

Sep 1, 2013, 4:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kickoffs A, FG unit A, Punt returns D-***

Sep 1, 2013, 4:02 PM

Ahh yes, you are dead on with those.

Re: How would you grade each position?

Sep 1, 2013, 5:01 PM

QB: B+ Tajh didn't do anything spectacular. He missed a couple of throws including two in the endzone (One off Sammy's fingertips and the fade to Bryant was over the wrong shoulder). The throw to Sammy for the TD under pressure and the pass to Brooks were really nice. His running and his leadership were the difference. No mistakes.

RB A - McDowell got extra yards shaking UGA defenders, Brooks catch was beyond what you expect from an RB. They kept UGA off balance on Defense and allowed us to chew clock in the 4th quarter.

TE B - The Seckinger play was outstanding and
Smith made a nice play, but mostly the TE's seemed a non factor.

WR's B- Another mixed bag performance. Sammy was very good, he did have a shot at catching the second TD but the throw was a little in front of him. Bryant had two bad drops that would have been huge plays. Peake was up and down. Surprised Humphries was not more involved as I'd say he has the 2nd best hands on the team as of right now.

OL A This was unexpected. They opened up the ground game and kept Tajh upright all game.

DL B Took a quarter to get going, but after that they made Murray accelerate his clock. Consistently had trouble with the cutback runs by Gurley though.

LB C+ If this was based on Shuey alone it would be an A. Still way too much overpursuit and missed tackles by anyone not wearing #33. If UGA would have thrown back across the field on play action more I think they would have killed us with that.

DB's C Still a ton of open space back there. We were fortunate Murray didn't have a ton of time to throw. Also victimized by poor tackling.

Special Teams B - Pinion was huge not allowing a kick return and having a good punting day as well. Catman was money again. Punt fielding was a bad problem and nearly cost us the game. Kick returners were nothing special.

Overall we brought a B game and won. Not being critical but we made enough mistakes to lose but mistakes are typical in week 1. UGA made more and that is a credit to this team. We beat a top 10 team with our B game, if they play to their potential I feel they could hang with anyone.

RBs - B

Sep 1, 2013, 5:28 PM

Need better pass protection.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic