Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How was my weekend you ask?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 704

How was my weekend you ask?

Jan 29, 2019, 7:56 AM

Was working on my fence Saturday and felt some tightness in my chest, similar to how one feels at high elevation. Decided to go to Doctor's Care to get checked out, figured they'd tell me it was nothing and send me home. Nope. Got an ambulance ride to the emergency room and was admitted.

Had a cardiac catheterization procedure yesterday morning and had two stents inserted. I wouldn't say that I had a heart attack (doctors opinion may vary), I look at it more that I averted a heart attack by listening to my body.

I'm home, all is well except for a painful groin from the catheter and it not wanting to stop bleededing (shocking considering all the blood thinners they'd given me).

Listen to your body, I saved myself from something that could have been much worse down the road.

Now I'll be popping a variety of pills for the near future, will have to change my diet, and can't drink alcohol (at least for the near future).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you alright, we got some good healthy recipes if you

Jan 29, 2019, 8:00 AM

interested.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think food will be too much of a change...

Jan 29, 2019, 8:03 AM

at least meals. Will be more my snacking that changes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

glad you are still alive

Jan 29, 2019, 8:02 AM

can I get all of your beer? I will take the liquor and wine too if you got it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Don't drink liquor or wine.

Jan 29, 2019, 8:04 AM

Finished the last of my beer Friday night. Guess I will save some money.

Glad you're still upright!***

Jan 29, 2019, 8:03 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Saw the Buddybook posts

Jan 29, 2019, 8:15 AM

and, perhaps it's just me, but thought well, ####, tdrake® is just a few years older than me, and probably a lot thinner.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saw the Buddybook posts

Jan 29, 2019, 8:18 AM

He probably doesn't have near as many folks putting voodoo hexes on him either.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Man, you sure are quite the risk taker going to Doctors Care

Jan 29, 2019, 8:27 AM

first. They slow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not when you say you got chest pains.

Jan 29, 2019, 11:01 AM

They take you right in. Skipped the line.

Have any bttwhole work done while there? ;)

Jan 29, 2019, 8:32 AM

Good to hear yur well...

Take care of yourself. ******

Jan 29, 2019, 8:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

observation and general statement on your experience

Jan 29, 2019, 8:51 AM

The fact that they made you take an ambulance ride to the hospital......wouldn't that EXACERBATE your stress and make it more likely to bring on the heart attack that you are trying to prevent? I know that's how I would have felt. I mean, was that necessary, you couldn't have just been casually driven over to the hospital in your car? I don't sense that you were in any sort of distress or extreme discomfort.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But then they couldn't bill your insurance for the ride***

Jan 29, 2019, 9:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told them my wife could drive me over.

Jan 29, 2019, 11:03 AM [ in reply to observation and general statement on your experience ]

But they said that I needed to be monitored and wouldn't allow it.

So thinking that going to Doctor's Care first might save me money, it cost me more money.

glad your ok. i have a feeling this is me in a few yrs

Jan 29, 2019, 9:24 AM

runs in my family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's most of us after 50.***

Jan 30, 2019, 8:39 AM

With all the fun we have about taking a tdrake,

Jan 29, 2019, 9:30 AM

We're all thankful you weren't taken.

Hope you feel better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

you should write for Hallmark***

Jan 29, 2019, 10:45 AM

Re: How was my weekend you ask?

Jan 29, 2019, 9:32 AM

That's scary. Glad you are okay.

Cut to the chase, drake. Are we getting pics of your

Jan 29, 2019, 10:30 AM

angina, or what? We're talking spread wide open, fella. Let's do this thing.

Also, nice work on not deading.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

soccerkrzyroadrashbareass.jpg***

Jan 29, 2019, 10:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good to hear you're ok.***

Jan 29, 2019, 10:33 AM

My two takeaways from this:

a) I'm glad you are ok! I don't wanna live in a world without tdrake in the lunge dreaming of Dijbouti and unleashing his ninja son on the world.

b) If a 125 pound healthy soyboy like you can have heart issues, I'm going to go ahead and forget about this extra 15 pounds I need to lose. It would seem that it really doesn't matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many times do I have to read this?

you didn't die. Congrats. We are all worse off for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Oy. I wish you a speedy and full recovery.***

Jan 29, 2019, 11:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW, are you still in Aiken? That's where Diddy PAW lives.

Jan 29, 2019, 11:05 AM

They seem stent happy at Aiken Regional Hospital.

Not really. I don't know. But they did admit him back in the fall and it was straight to stent land for him. Up da groin. Bleeding later, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Aiken. I don't know, happy to have the stents.

Jan 30, 2019, 8:42 AM

The catheterization is not bad except for opening a major artery at the groin. I had issue in having the bleeding stop, but no issues after the fact.

The stents make me feel better about my heart, but not sure if they were the best course of action.

You are blessed.

Jan 29, 2019, 12:17 PM

The damage was slight and will probably not have a great effect on the productivity of your heart. In a few weeks you'll return to the cardiologist for a stress test. Wear sweats and running shoes and be prepared for a workout. The results will tell you the damage if any exist. I suspect your heart function has not changed.

My guess is the damage to the muscle is about equal to a briar scratch on the arm, one that didn't draw blood. I suggest you lay off the booze at least until after the stress test. Better safe than dead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was admitted because of the blood test more than

Jan 30, 2019, 8:50 AM

exhibiting symptoms. First blood test showed slightly elevated troponin levels, ER doctor said if the levels stayed the same or went down I'd be released. Subsequent tests showed increases. So there is no real concern about significant damage.

This was all something I was not aware of. Did not realize that a minor issue does permanent damage. Or how easy it is to test. An ECG is just attaching a few sensors to the body and takes a minute and a simple blood test. I'd have not been admitted based on the ECG alone, the blood work was the alarm.

welcome to the club,great to be able to discuss it

Jan 29, 2019, 12:20 PM

alternative kinda sux

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 704
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic