Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How upset/hurt/mad is Cole?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

How upset/hurt/mad is Cole?

Sep 23, 2014, 9:57 AM

Do you guys think he understands and can see that although he has paid his dues and knows the offense, that Watson is the better talent? Does he see that and understand or do you guys think he is mad and could cause some chemistry issues? Or will he be a team player?

I think Dabo and Morris are in a tricky situation. If what was said is true about Watson not being comfortable under center to get about a half a yard, I'm curious why Cole wasn't brought in to run that play.

Lastly, I feel like we haven't been told the entire truth and I think Dabo, as much as I like him and respect what he has done to this program, was making things up when saying Cole was the better QB to win against FSU. You think if he meant that it would have taken one miscue in the first quarter to change his mind?

It looks like the light has come on for Dabo as Davidson, Gallman, and Choice got most of the carries while Howard mostly stood on the sidelines. My soft heart feels sorry for the seniors who know this is most likely their last time playing organized football, but my head tells me, too bad guys. Move over for the better players as the future takes place today,I'm excited about the youth. Kitt, Scott, Choice, Gallman, Thompson, Williams, Leggett, Jay Jay, Milan Richard, CJ Fuller, and then the defensive guys Gibson, Yeargin, Joseph, Register, and Rogers.

By the way did all of our freshman linebackers and DEs redshirt? I thought Register, although I believe he will move to the DL, would not be redshirted this year. I'm also curious of Ebo's progress and whether or not he is going to step up. We will need him along with Dane Rogers and Shaq Lawson to step up next year.

Thoughts about Cole and "everything else" I mentioned? Lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but

Sep 23, 2014, 9:59 AM

Can you imagine the outcry if they had brought Cole in for that one play and still did not convert? Methinks it would be MUCH worse that what we are currently dealing with.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Yeah but

Sep 23, 2014, 10:03 AM

Very, very good point I didn't think about. We would be asking, "why take out the freshman QB who has brought us this far?" Yeah, we would have been mad. Then after we convert and Dabo puts Watson back in! Cole would've blew a gasket.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How upset/hurt/mad is Cole?

Sep 23, 2014, 10:08 AM

Yes I feel bad for Cole, but this love dabo had for these senior has no doubt put us at 1 and 2. Had dabo gone with the hot hand at qb in uga and not even play Howard, I think we win both games or at least one. The game plan for FSU was obviously built for cole, There was no short yardage offense put in for deshaun. Cole has the qb draw I would say Deshaun is not that kind of player. If we go into that game has deshaun as the starter. Think we have a gameplan that fits him better we win hands down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Dabo and Chad handled the QB situation

Sep 23, 2014, 10:11 AM

just about perfectly. It's not their fault that some of our fans are morans, or that some simply can't accept that they aren't even remotely qualified to make that determination.

I'm sure Cole is disappointed, but I think he's a smart kid and a good kid, and will gladly do what is best for the team.

Personally, I never understood why Howard played at all, but I did know that the coaches had good reasons for playing him over what appeared to be more talented young'uns.

Do coaches make mistakes and bad decisions? All the time. I understand that discussing and debating all of that is part of the fun and one of the reasons we are here. By and large, however, there is a reason these guys get paid millions for coaching a football team and we don't.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'm sure cole is upset......

Sep 23, 2014, 10:18 AM

and probably a little embarrassed. I'm sure "behind the scenes" he felt HEAVY pressure..........not only from dabo/morris building him up like they did to us/media "best chance to win, NO controversy, etc...", but he also felt pressure b/c he knew how good watson really was/is.

I applaud dabo/morris for finally making the change at QB and playing the best player.

Who cares?

Sep 23, 2014, 10:19 AM

Who cares? Play the best players, plain and simple. Hate it for Cole, but Watson is the obvious choice

I hate it for Cole. I hated it for Willie Simmons ...

Sep 23, 2014, 10:21 AM

... Reggie Merriweather, too. Especially Merriweather at the end of USC game in '06 (I think it was), but don't get me started.

Sep 23, 2014, 10:25 AM

I know what it's like to live the life of a perpetual bridesmaid and it's something you learn to live with but what makes this situation different is sad to see. I believe our University and our Athletics programs are models for anyone to follow. What is painfully sad is that some of our fan base are just #### cruel. There rants are heard by these young men and that isn't the way we are suppose to support our team. Yeah, I know, "they should have thicker skin" or " he should have transferred 2 years ago." That's why this is so hard to watch and you mark my word, if DW even so much as stumbles these same people, "fans" will be calling for the next superstar to take his place. It's not that DW isn't the most Talented, he is but in praising him and his talent do we have to demoralize the other guy? Juts my opinion.

Sep 23, 2014, 10:32 AM

He lo

Sep 23, 2014, 10:33 AM

He looked like he was on the verge of tears during the coin toss before OT.

He should have known this might happen.......

Sep 23, 2014, 10:46 AM

this season and that if DW plays stronger he would lose his starting job. Unless CS is immature, I've got to think he's taking it like a man.

Sep 23, 2014, 12:06 PM

As much as I hate to admit it if I were in his shoes I would be very down on the team and be second guessing myself...

I'm sure he understand that sometimes talent will win out but I'm also sure that as a competitor he hasn't gone around expecting to be benched no matter his effort or commitment. I imagine that on a daily basis his coaches have told him that the team really needs him and if he works hard and does what's asked of him then he'll reap the rewards of his efforts. Two sides of the scale raw talent vs sweat equity... I'm sure he just had an eye opening in regards to which way the scale tips where he is concerned.

I think it's a sign of the times that there's such an outcry to sacrifice what I think are some of the better moral aspects of 'team' for another one in the Win column at the college level. You can certainly see that in the pros but like payment to players we now feel we need to treat them worse than we would hope to be treated as employees. We want instant access to our new toys with little regard for the impact it may have on another player on a personal level.

I think we can see the impacts of this mentality all over college football. Just this week we played a Florida State team with what could have been their 3rd or 4th string QB because their other QB's wisely jumped ship when it became obvious that they were going to be relegated to sitting behind a more talented player. Cole's problem is that he's already given us to much and now it's to late and his chance to transfer is gone. I can't help but wonder if FSU's coaches try to sell their players that they should stay or that it was in their personal best interest to switch teams. I wonder if Cole ever considered bailing and what our coaches were telling him about how their incoming freshman phenom would impact him... I'm sure they told him performance would be rewarded but somehow I doubt they were trying to convince him that his best chance to continue his football career might be to look elsewhere. I imagine we've all made the mistake of staying somewhere to long out of a sense of 'it's the right thing to do' and Cole is probably seeing that now. My guess is he's being pretty hard on himself for not seeing this coming.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic