Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How to Save the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

How to Save the ACC

May 22, 2012, 4:09 PM

It was just last year when the Big 12 was losing Texas A&M and Missouri with the PAC-12 courting Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. Now they are back stronger than before. What they did to survive can be a template to save the ACC.

Canned their leader- Texas and other schools banned together to fired Dan Beebee. Heck, Dwight Howard just got the coach and GM of the Magic fired. To keep the ACC together, a new visionary leader that unites the schools must be put in place.

Get Notre Dame- Notre Dame can get the TV dollars up for the ACC. Does Notre Dame have more in common with Duke, Boston College, and UVA or Iowa State and Kansas State?

Get Penn State - I know this is crazy, but a few months ago who thought Florida St would consider leaving for the Big 12? You ever see a average guy with a hot girl? You have to lobby and campaign.

Look past academics and geography in expansion. Big 12 looked to West Virginia out of neccessity. Maybe the ACC should consider BYU which has always had a solid football and basketball program and has a national Mormon following. maybe consider a football only membership for them.

Maybe Florida State, Clemson, Notre Dame deserve a bigger cut. I get it Wake Forest and Duke just don't bring much for football, but shouldn't the ACC be capitalists and reward schools that put in the resources to win and drive the TV deals? On the flip side, Duke and UNC should get a bigger chunk of the basketball money.

Relegation - Kick out schools that aren't pulling their weight on the field or TV ratings. It happens in soccer. So if Rutgers becomes a powerhouse, shouldn't we boot wake and invite Rutgers?

Move the conference office to Washington DC or Atlanta. Political influence in DC to protect the ACC and more media , Fortune 500 partners in Atlanta. This is no longer a North Carolina conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How to Save the ACC

I say send another torpedo into the side of the ship.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Why would you want to save it? Let the thing die along with Swofford.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am neutral, its what should be done to save it.***

May 22, 2012, 4:13 PM

no interest in saving it...time to move on***

May 22, 2012, 4:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no interest in saving it...time to move on***

They had their chance to do what was right for football and blew it big time. Eff Swofford and what will be left of the ACC.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rutgers? lol....Wake > Rutgers***

I said in a relegation situation if Rutgers became a power***

May 22, 2012, 4:17 PM

ACC

May 22, 2012, 4:20 PM

is about to lose 2-6 football schools.
So the ACC is Done football wise.

Here's how you save the ACC....

May 22, 2012, 4:22 PM

Wrap it in cellophane and put it in the freezer.

Thaw it out in 100 years in the hopes that science will have advanced far enough by that time to bring it back from the dead along with Walt Disney and Ted Williams' head.

HTH

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. …”

This would require a change in CULTURE

May 22, 2012, 4:23 PM

Something the basketball drunken ACC won't do. Save your breath to cool your soup.

Strike a Bowl Deal with Notre Dame.....

May 22, 2012, 4:27 PM

and fight for an eight team playoff model.

Another approach (long read / link)

May 22, 2012, 5:12 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=1105502&messageID=12241237#12241237

May 22, 2012, 5:27 PM

Looks like work.

Work is hard.

May 22, 2012, 5:50 PM

JMO....the ACC is run by the North Carolina schools.....like it or not. They and they alone will decide the ACC's future.

May 22, 2012, 10:58 PM

Stop subsidizing Duke/NC basketball with FSU/Clemson/VT/Miami football money

May 22, 2012, 11:26 PM

1. I think the ACC needs new leadership. With the addition of Syracuse, the ACC now has 2 of the largest media markets. (NY/DC) With quality leadership, they could make a football conference that can compete with the SEC IMO.

2. I think they should also find a more equitable way to compensate universities, based on the amount of revenue they are generating for the conference.

3. It would also make sense to me to add UCONN/Georgetown (and try to add Florida and South Carolina down the road) in an effort to create a conference that spans the entire atlantic coast. I know UCONN/Georgetown aren't strong football programs, (right now) but that can change quickly.

May 22, 2012, 11:28 PM

and UMASS, Rutgers, WV and Penn State.

May 23, 2012, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: How to Save the ACC ]

or better yet...

combine the ACC/Big East, rename it the Northeastern conference and have North/South divisions. (and add WV and Penn State)

Let the SEC add Florida State, Clemson, Georgia Tech and Miami

Promote our product in NY and Boston. Play champ game

May 22, 2012, 11:31 PM

in giant stadium of Philly

Give it to Rosie O'donnell and see if she can eat it***

May 23, 2012, 3:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic