Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How the LSU game strengthened my faith in God.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

How the LSU game strengthened my faith in God.

Mar 12, 2013, 2:07 PM

1st and 10. A little less than two minutes left in the 4th quarter. I'm in the upper deck praying. I'm telling God that I'd do anything to win this game. 2nd down. I'm still praying. 3rd down. I start to feel like we're not going to win. I almost blame God. I look up at the ceiling of the dome. I'm zoned out. Then, a strong realization comes upon me. Whether we win or whether we lose, God is with us. I close my eyes again, my body covered in chilbumps. 4th an 16. I hear the roar of the crowd around me, but I seise to open my eyes. I'm still praying, thanking God for a beautiful day, and the chance to be a part of the Clemson Family. I hear more cheers as we drive down the field. I did not know what happened until after the game, I just knew we won of a last second field goal. Now I think this was God's way of rewarding me for this realization. Win or lose, God is with us. No matter what happens-your dog dies, your wife cheats, you run out of bacon- God is with us.
I hope this changed somebody!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fell to my knees after the 4th and 16 play

Mar 12, 2013, 2:16 PM

and started praising the Lord for miracles.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what about the LSU fan who was praying we miss the FG?***

Mar 12, 2013, 2:16 PM

C'mon!!! You think God cares about LSU fans?

Mar 12, 2013, 2:17 PM

Coot!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Favor ain't fair.***

Mar 12, 2013, 2:21 PM [ in reply to what about the LSU fan who was praying we miss the FG?*** ]

Them LSU cajuns is all bout the voodoo***

Mar 12, 2013, 4:06 PM [ in reply to what about the LSU fan who was praying we miss the FG?*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Years ago, I used to

Mar 12, 2013, 2:23 PM

pray that Clemson would get a first down or win the game, or whatever. Then it dawned on me that many fans of Clemson opponent were praying for the opposite result. Then it dawned on me that God could not care less who wins a football game. IMO, praying for trivialities is trifling with God. He has more important things on His mind. So now I pray that the Clemson teams play to their potential and that no serious injuries happen to any player.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Years ago, I used to

Mar 12, 2013, 2:27 PM

That must mean you think GOD is Gamecock!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be curious to know

Mar 12, 2013, 2:39 PM

exactly what path of logic you took to arrive at that conclusion based on the above post......but, never mind.....there actually couldn't possibly have been any rationality involved

incidentally, praying to the almighty for a football victory DOES border on the sacreligious---though I'm sure all of us have beseeched a higher power for our own petty aims.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God works His will which includes wins and losses.

Mar 12, 2013, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Years ago, I used to ]

"...for we know that all things work to good for them that love the Lord and are the called according to His purpose..."

emphases mine

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I saw you during the end of the 4th qtr...I just

Mar 12, 2013, 2:47 PM

figured you had one too many Miller Lites and were in a beer trance.

FWIW, the Almighty doesn't mind you praying for Clemson

Mar 12, 2013, 3:08 PM

At least it means you're on speaking terms.

Personally, I always pray for the team before each game. I pray for success, for an absence of injury and that whatever the outcome I think him for the ability to be considered a Son of Clemson.

If others wish to pray for their teams, I think the Almighty gets a kick out of it. But since he has already blessed Clemson far and above other programs, it's pretty clear where his allegiances lie.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How the LSU game strengthened my faith in God.

Mar 12, 2013, 3:11 PM

no matter who won God is still in control

Mar 12, 2013, 3:13 PM

It's a good thing that Les Miles had that affair with that coed, and was not in HIS favor that day. THAT is how we won. :)

Hey - it could happen.

I would have appreciated God showing up during the FSU game

Mar 12, 2013, 3:16 PM

or against the Coots. Thanks God.

If he even exists

Mar 12, 2013, 3:21 PM

I doubt he cares a lick about who wins a football game. Seems like he'd have much more important things to worry about.

Apparently, He definitley has a full plate considering all

Mar 12, 2013, 3:23 PM

the wars, murder, rape, molestations, disease, death, and other general debauchery that goes on in this world on a minute by minute basis. It seems He is an absentee landlord or very, very bad at his job. GO TIGERS!

Or all that "bad" stuff is an intended part of everything.

Mar 12, 2013, 4:00 PM

Overpopulation would be just as bad. ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only we had an omnipotent being to keep that under control**

Mar 12, 2013, 9:24 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2013, 3:23 PM

This is laughable.

God let us get 4th and 16 but let a killer murder 15 plus in a grade school

Mar 12, 2013, 3:24 PM

The gunman must of had one killer prayer to get God on his side!

i think he prayed to that sob in ****., at least he should

Mar 12, 2013, 5:08 PM

hope he did, that's where he will spend eternity. once he gets to prison, it won't be long till he arrives there. i've heard they have there own brand of justice on the inside, and i dang sure would turn a blind eye towards it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow!

Mar 12, 2013, 3:57 PM

This thread started good then.......took a dive.

As do most conversations about religion on the web***

Mar 12, 2013, 3:59 PM

I hope the is tongue in cheek. Otherwise, I can't understand

Mar 12, 2013, 3:58 PM

how a grown adult can believe in a God that would actually listen to an individual prayer about something totally amoral... and furthermore a prayer that runs diametrically opposed to other prayers about the same meaningless thing. Or that God would reward one freaking dude about something soooo silly. I mean, there are LAYERS of ridiculous involved here.

I can understand the whole Judaism, Christianity and Islam thing... well, sort of... but this is just downright stupid.

I seem to remember one of the fundamental parts of Christian philosophy was that putting too care/emotion into worldly things of no consequence was a sin. That was like one of Jesus' first points... "stop caring about sh*t that doesn't matter," was the exact quote I think. It's in like John 2 or something.

I mean... to have the nerve to bother your supposed creator for something as relatively meaningless as a football game... and then tack on the delusion to think he gives a ####? Something is really wrong with this line of thinking. It's as if modern Christians have converted the concept of YHWH into some goofy white dude who likes all the same sh*t that you do. Whatever happened to 'Crusades-Christian God?' He was way cooler than, "please help me catch a large mouth Bass-Christian God."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope the is tongue in cheek. Otherwise, I can't understand

Mar 12, 2013, 4:07 PM

Be careful Solid, this is tigernet you are using. Some 'grown men' and a lot of the children on this board will never tolerate rational thinking.

Mar 12, 2013, 4:39 PM [ in reply to I hope the is tongue in cheek. Otherwise, I can't understand ]

I think that you misread something. It seemed to me the OP was saying he was praying for us to win and realized that that was a little ludicrous. He then started paying attention to what God has done for him; not talking about football, but in life. The OP even said he stopped paying attention to the game because he was so wrapped up in his conversation with God... again, nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Mar 12, 2013, 4:12 PM

I've never, ever understood the tendency of anyone to attribute a victory to God, as if God 1) Cares at all about sports amidst all else to concern Oneself with and 2) Has a favorite team/ competitor.

"If you consult the Gospels, particularly that of John, in the original Greek, you'll see that the Tigers prolific offense is much more in line with the teachings of My Son. And if you end up on the short end, get back to your bible ASAP." God.

Best to be sure

Mar 12, 2013, 4:17 PM

Few atheist found in foxholes.
I try to stick with God's will be done
cause I figure I don't know. Trust
His judgement.
Last 4 years it's working pretty good
football wise.
Congratulation on your miraculous victory.

Re: Best to be sure

Mar 13, 2013, 7:30 AM

As if your win over Michigan *wasn't* miraculous.

Re: Best to be sure

Mar 13, 2013, 10:15 AM

Hey, miracle isn't a word I associate with college football
but if someone thinks that their team's victory was an
act of God, who am I to dispute their claim.

Ding ding ding

Mar 12, 2013, 4:54 PM

We have a winner!

Mar 12, 2013, 4:58 PM

First off, I'm 14.

Second, reread the original post. My intention was to say that God is always with us, no matter what happens. Even if we had lost, God is with us.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i think he prayed to that sob in ****., at least he should

Mar 12, 2013, 6:55 PM

What? Somebody didn't get enough sleep.

Whatever. God ###### us in the '04 GT game.***

Mar 12, 2013, 9:22 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic