Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Transfer guard commits to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

TNET: Transfer guard commits to Clemson

Apr 29, 2019, 4:36 PM

Transfer guard commits to Clemson

Fordham rising sophomore guard Nick Honor (5-10 190) announced a commitment to Clemson on Monday. Honor averaged 15.3 points and three assists last season for t Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of boogie.***

Apr 29, 2019, 4:38 PM

Ewww gross ?? You're right though

Apr 29, 2019, 5:25 PM

Does kinda remind you of McIntyre. And that's a good thing.

How much we paying him?

Apr 29, 2019, 4:40 PM

wut? ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this like a used car?

Apr 29, 2019, 5:41 PM

Loses value as soon as you drive it off the lot? Maybe the transfer portal is like Carmax for CBB coaches.

Perhaps we are just budget cheaters?

Re: How much we paying him?

Apr 29, 2019, 9:53 PM [ in reply to How much we paying him? ]

Sadly that is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the headline.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Transfer guard commits to Clemson

Apr 29, 2019, 4:45 PM

Will he have to sit out a year? Appeared to be trying for a "hardship", but Orlando is a long way from CLemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will he be able to play right away?

Apr 29, 2019, 4:46 PM

He doesn't appear to be a grad transfer, but he does mention an event with his mom that made him feel like he needed to move closer to home. Is he expected to be granted a waiver or exemption to make him immediately eligible for us?

He'll sit for a year, but has

Apr 29, 2019, 5:14 PM

3 years of eligibility left.

It's an Honor for Clemson!

Apr 29, 2019, 4:54 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's an Honor for Clemson!

Apr 29, 2019, 5:39 PM

And we will honor Honer's commitment to Clemson.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's an Honor for Clemson!

Apr 30, 2019, 10:55 AM

HONOR is the correct spelling of his name I believe. It will be interesting to see how he develops under Coach Brownell. He is off to a good start in his college career. Among the top ten freshmen scorers last season.

Apr 29, 2019, 5:07 PM

How is he from 3pt range?

Apr 29, 2019, 5:19 PM

33%. Hope he can get that percentage against ACC guards.

Apr 29, 2019, 5:22 PM

Kind of low either way. I wonder what it was in hs. He may have some serious upside hopefully.

Transfer U baby!***

Apr 29, 2019, 5:37 PM

Baby steps!

Apr 29, 2019, 9:18 PM

Little teeny tiny baby steps!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 5:56 PM

A great big WOW!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Apr 29, 2019, 6:10 PM

Can he play next season?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 8:07 PM

Apparently not. Seems like a decent prospect but he is not helping us next year. This might show that our chances of picking up a solid graduate transfer who can score as slim and none...

Apr 29, 2019, 8:15 PM

Thanks. That’s what I wanted to know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 6:28 PM

A great big WOW!

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Apr 29, 2019, 6:55 PM

I am sure he will have to sit out a season so he will be able to work with his teammates and get better. I wonder if he will be eligible to make the trip to Italy? That will be a good chance for next years team to come together. The last time the Tigers were allowed a summer trip they played very well in the season.

welcome to clemson !

Apr 29, 2019, 8:09 PM

be ready to roll,

Apr 29, 2019, 8:14 PM

Welcome to the Clemson Family young man!!! Glad you could make it!!! Prayers for you and your family, too!

Apr 29, 2019, 8:28 PM

https://fordhamsports.com/news/2019/4/29/mens-basketball-nick-honor-named-met-rookie-of-the-year.aspx

Apr 29, 2019, 8:36 PM

Kind of starange that their athletic site mentioned that award, he then announces his transfer and destination on the same day.

We must have had a close contact. Hope there was no tampering in him ending up at Clemson very quickly.

Here are some highlights and interview while at Fordham.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ys9dWq752qY

Apr 29, 2019, 8:47 PM

Here are good highlights in his best game and win vs Rutgers. He was hitting some long 3s scoring over 30pts. Reminds me of Holmes but maybe a little quicker.

https://youtu.be/GioRPX5AKg8

Apr 29, 2019, 10:36 PM

Looks good. Looks quick.

Your comment about “hoping there was no tampering” is a low blow.

Apr 29, 2019, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Transfer guard commits to Clemson ]

Are you really a Clemson fan?

How about welcoming this young man to Clemson with open arms, and congratulating our coaches on a job well done?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 29, 2019, 9:01 PM

That's ..... good news !! -:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Wait til the year after next!

Apr 29, 2019, 9:11 PM

Oh great. Next year is a throw away year for a coach with zero sense of urgency.

Still 3 scholarships open

Apr 29, 2019, 10:33 PM

and a lot of grad transfers to be had. We were never going to bring in 4 grad transfers, so no problem with a guy sitting a year. He looks pretty interesting

Re: Wait til the year after next!

Apr 30, 2019, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Wait til the year after next! ]

This is the worst take of all time. You continue to show that you are a miserable idiot. We land a transfer and your response is "Oh Great, nxt year is a throw away year for a coach with no sense of urgency"

Are you really this pathetic? You have no clue what is going on in our basketball program. Let the grown ups talk.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's correct in that unless we add some

Apr 30, 2019, 8:12 AM

quality grad/hardship transfers next year does not look promising. Only 9 eligible scholarship players, only 2 over 6'8, no proven scorers

He's correct in that unless we add some

Apr 30, 2019, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Wait til the year after next! ]

quality grad/hardship transfers next year does not look promising. Only 9 eligible scholarship players, only 2 over 6'8, no proven scorers

Re: He's correct in that unless we add some

Apr 30, 2019, 8:56 AM

He's correct huh? I guess since he can't play next year we shouldn't have recruited him... Really shows our lack of urgency.

Since you both know so much about our basketball team, what would you say Brownell's urgency level is? Do you think he doesn't care about his job? Do you think he doesn't want to be successful?

Who are some grad transfers we are going after and what are our chances with them? I know we lost one to UNC. Hate to see that happen.

I guess you simply refused to read my response

Apr 30, 2019, 10:52 AM

to him. It's fine we recruited him, but that doesn't remove the clear needs for next year that still exist.

As far as grad transfers, I've seen us mentioned with two who have chosen to go elsewhere; Keeling to NC and Utomi to SoCal. We have 3 scholarships open, and need impact guys for next year

Re: I guess you simply refused to read my response

Apr 30, 2019, 11:08 AM

Ok, which questions did you answer. I asked the following:

- what would you say Brownell's urgency level is? - No Answer

- Do you think he doesn't care about his job? - No Answer

- Do you think he doesn't want to be successful? - No Answer

- Who are some grad transfers we are going after and what are our chances with them? - You answered about 2 players that committed elsewhere, thus not answering my question. I am asking about who we are going after now. Considering people are saying he's showing no urgency. I would assume that means he isn't looking for grad transfers that can play immediately?

Apr 30, 2019, 11:13 AM

How would they know who the 3 grad transfers might be? Nobody knows. We are all in the dark hoping to have a full quality squad.

Apr 30, 2019, 5:39 PM

That is my point carlsbad. We don’t know who they are in touch with. That’s why it is ridiculous to say brownell is showing no urgency.

Brownell knows his job is on the line

Apr 30, 2019, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I guess you simply refused to read my response ]

which makes the two misses on the grad transfers even more damaging. He knows better than anyone the major holes he needs to fill on next years team

Apr 30, 2019, 11:10 AM [ in reply to I guess you simply refused to read my response ]

That's going to be tough. That's crazy.

Try drinking less caffeine and avoiding personal attacks

Apr 30, 2019, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Wait til the year after next! ]

It makes you like extremely immature.

Re: Try drinking less caffeine and avoiding personal attacks

Apr 30, 2019, 10:36 AM

It's cool for you to attack Brownell, but the minute somebody calls your idiotic miserable comment out, you call me immature. Wow.

That's usually what somebody does when they don't have anything to say. I'm just saying that I feel bad for you. You post something completely negative and untrue when we get a promising transfer commitment.

And when I ask you questions for you to elaborate on saying that Brownell is showing no urgency, you call me immature and answer none of the questions. You are a miserable simpleton.

Apr 30, 2019, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Wait til the year after next! ]

Talking about let the grown ups talk ?
You need to pull your panties out of a wad , chick.
Dang it’s just a message board discussing sports and you start name calling .
You need to grow up.

Apr 30, 2019, 4:58 PM

Very enlightening post.

You tell me it's just a message board and I'm name calling. And then you try to insult me.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

All I was saying is that it's a thread started about a very solid pick up, and the clown decided to bash Brownell.

Led Fordham in mins, pts, and assists as a freshman. Can't hurt to get him***

Apr 30, 2019, 9:13 AM

this is a really interesting take considering what we need

Apr 30, 2019, 11:12 AM

for the 2019-2020 season... this is pretty much a 2nd PG take for the 2019 class to pair with Dawes in 2020 going forward but unless he is the second coming of Boogie McIntyre, he's going to give up more than he takes in points, assists and steals. If you guys thought Jordan Roper was a liability on the defensive end, imagine Jordan being 3 inches shorter with a lesser vertical jump and that's who Honor is if he's not Boogie's spitting image... I hope that he is the second coming of Boogie and we can call him Boogie II...

But I would be going all in on Seventh Woods; he's a PG, eligible for 2019, a veteran of ACC play and knows the conference and the matchups, and he is a homestate guy... if we don't get him, the coots will and all that he would bring to us will go to them... that's a sale I want to see Browneel make if only to keep him out of cooterville...

I'd wager there isnt a top grad transfer out

Apr 30, 2019, 5:32 PM

there we haven't been in contact with, including Seventh. He'd certainly be a fit for next season. Heck, we get him, Tucker and Blackshear and we would have a pretty good team. Not that I think that happens, but I can dream

I'm looking forward to the day when we move beyond

Apr 30, 2019, 5:40 PM

making contact on these players and start closing on them...

Following transfer recruiting is tougher than

Apr 30, 2019, 6:09 PM

following a guy out of high school, as there just aren't many sources. From the few there are, I haven't seen us tied to any of the big time guys other than Keeling. Guys like Tucker and Blackshear likely end up at a better program. Blackshear could follow Buzz to aTm. If Chris Clarke didnt have the character issues at VT I'd love to see us in on him. Who knows, maybe we get desperate and look past that

CHAMPIONSHIP!

Apr 30, 2019, 12:39 PM

hopefully not another transfer like Pasha Bains.

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic