Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How much longer before someone tries to steal Coach Swinney?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

How much longer before someone tries to steal Coach Swinney?

Oct 21, 2014, 9:19 AM

Reading the sporting news article got me thinking about that. (For those that haven't read it, sporting news mentions Dabo, Spurrier and a few others for the Florida job)

I know many don't think Dabo is a great "coach" but he is a great CEO and one of the best recruiters in the nation imho.

How long before someone like Florida with fertile recruiting grounds takes a hard long look at Dabo?

(No matter how you, or Coots feel about the coaching side of Dabo, a recruiter like Dabo at a school like Florida imo would be a success)

Thoughts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much longer before someone tries to steal Coach Swinney?

Feb 12, 2020, 6:50 PM

Dabo Swinney is not going anywhere but Alabama.. and Bama isn't looking

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2014, 9:22 AM

I didn't ask would Dabo go. I asked how long before another school takes a hard look at Dabo.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do we know that there hasn't already been feelers to test

Oct 21, 2014, 9:28 AM

the waters? (others seeing if Dabo is interested not the other way around)

Re: Do we know that there hasn't already been feelers to test

Oct 21, 2014, 9:49 AM

I agree. I believe things go on behind closed doors that we never know about

Clemson has had many coaches with Alabama ties, Dabo

Oct 21, 2014, 10:06 AM

being one of them. When Dabo do feel like he's done all he can do for Clemson, Alabama will be his next stop when they come calling. Dabo is still young, Nick Saban is a older as well as frustrated with Alabama fan base, it's only a matter of time. Alabama is his home, there's no place like home but, he will always have a place for Clemson in his heart. Got to respect that!!!!!

Re: Clemson has had many coaches with Alabama ties, Dabo

Oct 21, 2014, 10:16 AM

Muschamp was widely regarded as a great recruiter at Texas as well as a highly thought of coordinator, and that hasnt worked out well at all. Doubt UF would want to go that route again with Dabo.

To answer the question though, i do not think Dabo goes anywhere for several years due to his current contract.

Oct 21, 2014, 10:42 AM

I think from a coaching stand point it is very telling that our two coordinators seem to get offers or have their name mentioned every year for other jobs. not ONCE have we heard the media members mention dabo as a possible candidate for a job. his salary is not that high with todays standards and now he has an 8 year contract. I do not believe we have to worry about dabo being snatched up by anyone. as far as Alabama, I also do not think he would be their choice if saban were gone today or anytime in the future.

Oct 21, 2014, 4:20 PM

Media members haven't?

Hmmm...the media mentioned Dabo for the Texas job..and as the OP says the media mentioned Dabo along with several others for the Florida job.

Try again.

Oct 21, 2014, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson has had many coaches with Alabama ties, Dabo ]

Slight difference tho. Dabo has head coaching experience, Muschamp didn't. (Unless I'm forgetting)

that would be rather brazen, don't you think?

Oct 21, 2014, 9:21 AM

given the impeccable record of the Clemson PD?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: that would be rather brazen, don't you think?

Oct 21, 2014, 9:21 AM

LOL

Right now Clemson is a better job than Florida....

Oct 21, 2014, 9:25 AM

and frankly, I don't see Dabo leaving Clemson voluntarily for ANY other school with the possible exception of Alabama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 21, 2014, 9:26 AM

I don't think Dabo leaves for any job other than Alabama.

Clemson has pretty fertile recruiting grounds itself, fan support, administration support, etc... Clemson is a coaching destination, not a stepping stone. Therefore, his alma-mater is probably it as long as he continues to be successful at Clemson. Florida has about as much chance at Dabo as we have of winning 12 games in 2014.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say Dabo is unlikely to uproot his children right now.***

Oct 21, 2014, 9:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why leave? He can do everything he wants to do at Clemson.

Oct 21, 2014, 9:48 AM

Everything. He is like Bobby Bowden at FSU--FSU was nothing before he arrived. Years later it was a powerhouse. Dabo can do the same here at Clemson.

Besides, we are perfectly set up to combat those Freedom from Religion Whacks and others. I am not sure Dabo would have the same freedom at other schools.

Dabo can be unique and he can put his own stamp on Clemson football just like Frank Howard did for many, many, many years.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldnt be shocked if he has had multiple offers

Oct 21, 2014, 9:59 AM

already over the past few years and we just dont know it. He is a class act and I do believe he loves Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2014, 10:13 AM

I dont think Dabo is going anywhere anytime soon guys. This is one of the best programs to be a head coach in the nation and Dabo knows that and wont be going anywhere. I say this because he has made Clemson a destination for so many recruits that he would laugh at anyone trying to nab him. I think we should be worried more about Coach V or Chad going somewhere and not Dabo.

Promote Venables and it's all good.***

Oct 21, 2014, 10:36 AM

He just got the deal he wanted

Oct 21, 2014, 10:48 AM

He has every reason to stay.

Oct 21, 2014, 1:23 PM

Has anyone seen Dabo's buyout?

It's past the point of insane. You could buy and sell a third-world nation for the cost of that buyout.

He will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

I have no concern about Dabo leaving for anywhere but

Oct 21, 2014, 1:27 PM

MAYBE Bama...and even that would surprise me (if the job were available, which it isn't).

Dabo could be a success a lot of places, but he could not create a program like he has here anywhere else that would be able to pay him enough to leave.

Expect Dabo Swinney to be the head football coach of Clemson University for YEARS to come.

null

Re: I have no concern about Dabo leaving for anywhere but

Oct 21, 2014, 4:18 PM

Oh I have no concerns that he will leave. Just wondering when/if the "bigger" better programs will come calling. (And as pointed out above, Maybe they already have)

I think UF already has talent....

Oct 21, 2014, 4:21 PM

I think they are missing the coaching part...

He has a better chance of being successful at Duke

Oct 21, 2014, 4:22 PM

Florida is done. Maybe Cutcliffe can fix it. Then Dabo can go there

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic