Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How much have you spent on Christmas Jounge?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 567

How much have you spent on Christmas Jounge?

Dec 18, 2018, 11:07 AM

Just looked at the credit card and holy ####.

Haven't added it up but from the looks of it we are around 3K total.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

$500-$600

Dec 18, 2018, 11:09 AM

Hard to tell due to concert tickets getting mixed up in there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just this one? Or all of them?***

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moar like how much has your wife spent on christmas Jounge?

I've spent a total of $30

^^^THIS.gif^^^

Dec 18, 2018, 11:18 AM

except I'm at around $145, with some more getting added to that over lunch.

I don't even want to know what SheGUAR has spent (she pretty much handles all the shopping other than what I get for her, like u said)

$1000***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:11 AM

I'm not sure I want to know.

Dec 18, 2018, 11:11 AM

My list isn't extensive, but I tend to go overboard for Mrs. Tig and Joonyer every year.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of it.***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bruh

Dec 18, 2018, 11:12 AM

Stop.

I have spent very little, but as a family, it has gone over budget.

I spent $175 in gift cards the other day for teachers and random family members.

I ####### hate Christmas sometimes.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, the joy of Christmas!!!

That time of year when orphans wish they had a family to celebrate with, and people with families wish they were orphans.

i'll be around $200 this weekend when i buy groceries

Dec 18, 2018, 11:13 AM

for Christmas dinner, after what i've already spent on gifts.

My family decided years ago, no more gifts between adults. Wifeofayejoe and i set a $100 limit for each other each year. I'm sure the wife has spent more than me because she does a bunch of small schitt for workmates and her parents.

No. Kids.

We do the no presents for adults with the exception of

parents

grandparents

kids of adults

ect

ect

So really we end up buy for everybody we've ever known

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My family quit doing gifts. Wife floated a gift auction

Dec 18, 2018, 11:22 AM

idea to her side and NOBODY wanted to do it. But they are the ones who will not buy anything but come and get their gifts. Just one wouldn't be enough for them. Gonna eat all my food too. Thank God they don't drink cause them taking my liquor might make me snap.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We did as well.

Dec 18, 2018, 1:06 PM

Best idea ever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've gotten as far as getting my sister & BiL to agree to

Dec 18, 2018, 1:36 PM

getting Christmas gifts for the kids only.

We tried suggesting a secret santa type thing, but my momz wasn't having any of it.

She said "YOU can do that. But I'm not."

my brother and I decided to give "pretend" gifts

Dec 18, 2018, 11:25 AM [ in reply to i'll be around $200 this weekend when i buy groceries ]

We figured out years ago to just take the $500 (or whatever) we would historically spend on each other and use the money buy ourselves a present we actually want/need. It's SUCH a stupid exercise spending time and effort trying to impress each other with monetized "thoughtfulness".

So he "gave" me a new top for my Jeep this year, I just told him that on the phone this weekend. He was very proud.

Also, during the year, if I'm someplace and see a shirt or hat or CD or something he would like, I buy it for him and send it to him, calendar be danged. Same goes for him. That's a much better gifting method than this societal Christmas mandate.

Nothing. And it's becoming a problem for me

Dec 18, 2018, 11:15 AM

My wife is getting bischy, because I guess everything has to be my sole responsibility. And you know what? I'm not ####### doing it. If it's up to me, then nobody gets ####. I haven't had a peaceful afternoon since September, so I don't really GAF whether anyone gets a gift from me or not.

So here's what's going to happen...I'm not going to do anything. Wife will get stressed out about it, and go out at the last minute getting little B.S. gifts. We'll get into a big fight about it, because she's also wanting me to put up a Christmas tree, and other decorations when we don't even have our kitchen unpacked yet. This is on top of her wanting me to build a fence, assemble some froo froo bed frame, trimming bushes, all sorts of other stuff like I'm God or something and can make this all happen in 7 days.

So I'm going to finally snap, most likely within the 30 minutes of her family arriving, and it will be terrible. I'm going to leave everything behind and drive directly to Islamorada, Fl and begin my life anew. This time with no dogs, no family, and no obligations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same boat. If you need a roommate let me know. HAHA!

Dec 18, 2018, 11:16 AM

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think if we pool $50k together we could get a half way

decent trawler to live aboard. I need this lifestyle change bro, let's do this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

marriage lol***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:21 AM

Sounds like a plan.

Dec 18, 2018, 11:21 AM [ in reply to I think if we pool $50k together we could get a half way ]

I've got about $23, can you scrape together the remaining $49,977?

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^THIS^^^

Dec 18, 2018, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Nothing. And it's becoming a problem for me ]

is the Lakebum1® I know and shocked that he was ready to get married for the exact reasons he laid out in his post

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love my wife, but we have about 3 major arguments a year

Dec 18, 2018, 11:25 AM

The reality is, my wife is lazy. She's not going to do anything unless you force her hand. And I mean nothing. I worked until 8:30 last Thursday night. Got home a little before 10. She had been posted up on the couch like a fat cat drinking wine for the better part of 3 hours, AS SOON AS I SAT DOWN SHE WANTED ME TO START MOVING BOXES OUT OF THE DINING ROOM. I threw my full, unopened beer at her.

This kind of stuff results in about 3-4 major fights a year where I blow a gasket, things get better for a little while, then we slip back into the same B.S. as before. Rinse and repeat.

We're due for one.

My wife isn't lazy, but literally everything I do she has

Dec 18, 2018, 11:27 AM

sonmething to say about it. Everything. Always has to have the last word. I know it's ######, but if it weren't for the kids I'd have been gone a while ago.

That would drive me nuts. No way I could handle that***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:29 AM

Praise mothra for Newton's 3rd law***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:33 AM [ in reply to My wife isn't lazy, but literally everything I do she has ]

Mawwiage. Lol

Dec 18, 2018, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Nothing. And it's becoming a problem for me ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEe1cTDbXHU

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nothing. And it's becoming a problem for me

Dec 18, 2018, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Nothing. And it's becoming a problem for me ]

Out of curiosity, Lakebum1®, is your wife an only child? This sounds eerily similar to how my marriage started years ago. WifeofAyejoe cannot do anything on her own. I have no problem helping her with something if she asks, but biyatch please do not start suggesting that i need to cut the grass/blow leaves/clean garage unless you are willing to help in that endeavor.

Also when she gets some giant plan in her head i turn that back on her real quick. For instance, this year she decided that she wanted us to move to a different part of town so SHE would be closer to work. In reality it would be closer to her best friend and probably triple my commute. So i tell her sure, babe, if that's what you'd like to do. Since you're done with work at 3, that leaves you plenty of time to meet with a realtor, meet the inspectors and appraisers, research houses etc. Just get me involved when you've got that stuff lined up and need help with the financing.

Not surprisingly, that's the one and only time she brought that schitt up.

No, but kind of. Her sibling is a good bit older

Dec 18, 2018, 12:42 PM

Sounds very similar to what I go through.

I pull this #### with my wife she she ####### about not

Dec 18, 2018, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing. And it's becoming a problem for me ]

saving enough money.

Usually goes something like

"we need to put more money in savings. You need to cut how much you spend"

"You work hourly. Pull another shift and put that extra money in savings"

*crickets*

please go on about "trimming bushes", thanks***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Nothing. And it's becoming a problem for me ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Found a pic of Lakebum not shopping for gifts

Dec 18, 2018, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Nothing. And it's becoming a problem for me ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bought wife-of a car and kids-of a basketball goal, so...

Dec 18, 2018, 11:19 AM

too dang much!

A car for Christmas?

Dec 18, 2018, 11:21 AM

A comfortable pair of walking shoes would have been cheaper.

Well...she needed a new car anyways....

Dec 18, 2018, 11:43 AM

so buying it at Christmas allowed it to be a "Christmas gift" :)

Less than you.

Dec 18, 2018, 11:19 AM

But they're growing, as is the price of their lists.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1000+***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hadn't spent any on you guise yet***

Dec 18, 2018, 11:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: How much have you spent on Christmas Jounge?

Dec 18, 2018, 12:48 PM

Zero so far. I will be paying for 10 people to dinner and drinks this weekend. That's all I will do.

Almost zero dollars.

Dec 18, 2018, 1:03 PM

I've just about reached my budget of zero dollars.

Re: Want a lungy response?

Dec 18, 2018, 1:04 PM

None of your f'ing business.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way too much. Cause I'll get a Christmas bonus, right?***

Dec 18, 2018, 1:18 PM

Replies: 41
| visibility 567
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic