Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Montravius Adams update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Montravius Adams update

Jan 29, 2013, 10:53 AM

Montravius Adams update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right Clemon could never beat 2 SEC tea-

Jan 29, 2013, 10:54 AM

OH WAIT, WE DID

Clemson

Yep. We just need to take care of business on the field

Jan 29, 2013, 11:09 AM

consistently and that crap will go away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

This Tix me off. They don't write this about SEC schools!***

Jan 29, 2013, 10:58 AM

Momma!!!!!

Jan 29, 2013, 12:37 PM

We already know that SEC schools are going to try to sell their conference, but we also know that Big Mon's Momma really loves Clemson and Dabo and what Momma says goes. She's gonna tell him that you'll be a star at whatever Conference or Team you play on. Follow your heart!!! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

Yeah, UF and LSU really showed how dominant the SEC

Jan 29, 2013, 11:03 AM

is over the ACC (and future members) this bowl season...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RE; Lawd, Florida was the most overrated program in the

Jan 29, 2013, 3:39 PM

south. They should never have been in the top ten.

it doesn't help that his buddy Dee Liner is going to end up

Jan 29, 2013, 11:05 AM

there as well....i think if he picked bama it would be b/c his friend is going there more than the nostalgia of the SEC. That may be a selling point that they're pushing but he seems more level headed than that..otherwise he would've been that way the whole time.

Where ye acc homers now?

Jan 29, 2013, 11:07 AM

Lmfao

Re: Where ye acc homers now?

Jan 29, 2013, 1:38 PM

You won't find any post that I have promoted the acc, and never will. But, Clemson is an sec caliber type school that just happens to play in the acc. Just like FSU is also a SEC type school. The only reason that Clemson and FSU wasn't invited to the SEC many years ago is because of the Coots and the Gator's fighting that from happening tooth and nail....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re Still here and looking good.. Has LSU got their wind

Jan 29, 2013, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Where ye acc homers now? ]

back yet?

At least we're not dumb enough to pull against other ACC

Jan 29, 2013, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Where ye acc homers now? ]

teams and then ##### and moan about the conference. STUPIDITY at it's best.

Re: Recruit Update: Montravius Adams update

Jan 29, 2013, 11:08 AM

It is funny that a school alone cannot sell themselves but have to bring the entire conference into play. The kid then needs to hope that he does not get lost in the shuffle at the school with the oversigning that the SEC schools do each and every year. This is how the top teams in the SEC reload and not rebuild. The can care less about the kids education and future outside of football. These kids are all told NFL and nothing else.

Jan 29, 2013, 11:13 AM

Im a Clemson fan from birth, but Nick Saban said on the radio the other day ( i live in Alabama by the way and hate the Tide..lol ) but , he said.. i dont wear my NC rings, i just lay them on the coffee table for recruits to look at... 3 of them in the last four years isnt about the SEC.. its about winning NCs.. cant blame a kid for wanting that and knowing he will play 3 years and go pro... Im sorry , i love Clemson,, but that is hard to fight,, ask any Auburn fan you might know and that is what you will hear,, i hate ALabama but....

And if I'm Dabo

Jan 29, 2013, 12:03 PM

I counter with how Nick is complaining about all those plays with all those plays the fast paced offense are running. Even with all the players Nick has he has no answer. This and with the playoff format a year away Bama won't be handed all those NCs. I repeat, Nick doesn't have an answer, only whining. Look at this years film of the aTm where his D players were practically joggin by the end of the 3rd quarter as Johnny Football weaved in and out of Nick's D at will. Imagine what Tajh and the Clemson O would have done to Nick's D. Would have been something similar to what happened to LSU in the Peach. Even with us making all the mistakes in that game we still proved who has the answers!!

The NFL is changing more with the college style not the other way around.

Re: And if I'm Dabo

Jan 29, 2013, 12:25 PM

"Even with us making all the mistakes in that game we still proved who has the answers!!"

Lorenzo Ward says "Hi"

25-24

Jan 29, 2013, 12:28 PM

Says win!!

Adams isn't going to Bama or the SEC headquarters in

Jan 29, 2013, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Montravius Adams update ]

Birmingham to attend school. It is between GA and Clemson and GA can't seem to stand on it's own two feet. That would concern me that a school can't sell itself. Another thing that should concern parents is the trouble that dawg athletes seem to find each and every year.

Most sec campuses are garbage, they can't be sold to recruit***

Jan 29, 2013, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Montravius Adams update ]

Jan 29, 2013, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Montravius Adams update ]

Yes but if the acc and all the other conferences would start doing the same thing. Then I'm sure that the NCAA would have to stop it....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With everyone SEC'ing him to death, that still leaves his

Jan 29, 2013, 11:13 AM

decision to 14 schools in that conference alone (15 including us not in the SEC). If Bama is making a late push, IMO, it's down to thUGA, Satan Squad, and us. What I'd be thinking to narrow my decision is, which is the easier road to a NC? Even with Bama taking 3 of the last 4, I still think we have a much better chance (certianly an easier road) to play for a NC than any SEC school. Also, I'd be thinking, why are they selling me on their conference and not their school? That'd raise a gigantic red flag to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With everyone SEC'ing him to death, that still leaves his

Jan 29, 2013, 11:24 AM

Sadly, many kids aren't that deep in their analysis of the facts. They see and read what the media, which primarily is ESecheatPN puts out there, and to a kid, looking at those real rings (not the dime store kind that usuc presents itself) catch the eye. Not to mention the other perks their conference is famous for. We have a hard sell, but what we sell is huge, and they never will regret their decision to come to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm with you 100%! TU! Some of these young men seem to

Jan 29, 2013, 11:49 AM

have their heads on straight, but as for the vast majority, I totally agree with you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you kidding me....they are selling the SEC

Jan 29, 2013, 12:32 PM [ in reply to With everyone SEC'ing him to death, that still leaves his ]

with the exposure...I love Clemson but come on....7 national titles in a row do speak to something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many rings does GA. have? Waiting.***

Jan 29, 2013, 3:48 PM

Re: How many rings does GA. have? Waiting.***

Jan 30, 2013, 2:34 PM

The answer is 1, and it predates ours. Doubtful they get another anytime soon either, in which case MR may find the natives restless with him and with him being at the end of the fingers being pointed as whom to blame for no championship with all the facilities, publicity, cash in the program, investment, staff, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The top DT's in the NFL:

Jan 29, 2013, 11:14 AM

Haloti Ngata, Oregon (Pac-12)
Vince Wilfork, Miami (ACC)
Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska (BIG10)
Jonathan Babineaux, Iowa (BIG10)
B.J. Raji, Boston College (ACC)

Having been in the SEC doesn't mean squat in the NFL.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not Jon Gruden's list, I know that***

Jan 29, 2013, 11:34 AM

Jan 29, 2013, 11:15 AM

We need to make sure we have his mama's heart. I believe that will be a big influence for the school he chooses. Fact is, he can go anywhere, so we need mama on our side.

If he wants to collapse on the field in the 4th quarter when

Jan 29, 2013, 11:35 AM

he goes up against us, by all means the sec is the perfect fit.

Re: If he wants to collapse on the field in the 4th quarter when

Jan 29, 2013, 12:26 PM

As noted above, Lorenzo Ward says "Hi"

25-24

Jan 29, 2013, 12:30 PM

As noted above.

Here's another note: This years class with another year under Brent V says ward doesn't get pursued by bad angles again.

They're so easy, it's sad.***

Jan 29, 2013, 3:50 PM

Had nothing to do with Ward, but our defense

Jan 29, 2013, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: If he wants to collapse on the field in the 4th quarter when ]

not getting off the field and the offense only having like 20 plays the second half. Also Ward benefited from Clown boy, so you'll see how bad Ward is when his star is gone

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you do about shadows on the wall if the kids think

Jan 29, 2013, 11:45 AM

they're real? It's a byproduct of the ESPN hype-machine IMO.

Jan 29, 2013, 11:47 AM

I'm officially not checking any sports sites until late NSD or day after. It's just annoying-waste of energy.

Jan 29, 2013, 11:49 AM

Makes sense to me. I live in Atlanta and ALL you hear is SEC. It is like a cult, just constant SEC brainwashing. I dont see that changing as there are too many people with a microphone that have a vested interest in the SEC product. Sucks but its the reality...

"Nothing but the conference?" Come on, David. Bama

Jan 29, 2013, 12:16 PM

, UGA, and UF, etc. have a lot more than that to sell to recruits, though, I'm sure the conference is part of it.

It's not like these schools don't have great programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the point is, whatever those schools have on their own...

Jan 29, 2013, 1:12 PM

they're probably going to be comparable, or at least answerable, by Clemson. The conference stuff is another matter, since Clemson can only respond by talking about the ACC. Either way, I think the SEC talk is way overblown. Should it matter that you're playing in the best conference (for now) if you're playing for UK or Ole Miss? Are anywhere near as many Ole Miss games nationally televised as Clemson games? The point I'm sure our coaches are making is that Clemson, somehow "despite being in the ACC" (I put that in scare quotes, because it should be obvious that ACC teams can contend for the MNC if they just win the games they play), is a place where you'll get good exposure and be able to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama???***

Jan 29, 2013, 2:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then tell us WHY they aren't selling the school or

Jan 29, 2013, 3:54 PM [ in reply to "Nothing but the conference?" Come on, David. Bama ]

education????? We didn't write the story.

Because they are selling their schools and education.

Jan 29, 2013, 5:07 PM

Plus, I'm sure Bama and UGA are selling their football histories also.

I didn't write the story either.

Don't commit to a conference, commit to a school***

Jan 29, 2013, 12:27 PM

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Says Carl Lawson.

Jan 29, 2013, 12:32 PM

Who Adams just happens to like the idea of playing with in college. :)

this selling against the ACC isn't going away***

Jan 29, 2013, 12:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It might not go away but Clemson taking care of Clemson's

Jan 29, 2013, 12:31 PM

opportunities will disprove the myth in regards to Clemson.

there's no myth here....it's a hard sell to get a kid with

Jan 29, 2013, 12:34 PM

the success of the SEC to leave the state of GA for an ACC school....it's hard....just like it's hard for a good basketball player in GA to stay home and play for UGA. They all leave for other schools in leagues outside of the SEC. It's a harder sell.

But we are still at a disadvantage in that regard, when it

Jan 29, 2013, 12:45 PM [ in reply to It might not go away but Clemson taking care of Clemson's ]

comes to ACC vs. SEC. I'm not defending it or saying it's right, just that SEC schools use that very effectively against us. Winning takes care of a lot of that, but not all of it. We will continue to lose some big recruits because of it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

agreed.....success and branding have a lot to do with it

Jan 29, 2013, 12:49 PM

I watch an ACC basketball game I get a feeling I'm watching premier basketball.....watching Duke NC State a few weeks ago you can tell you are watching great talent playing basketball. You don't get that same feeling watching SEC basketball just like for the most part you don't get that feeling watching ACC football. Some of it is perception but a lot of it is reality. They have won a ton of big big games over the past decade and that contributes to this perception. Also you've got to keep in mind that these kids have been paying attn to big time football for about 7-8 yrs. They aren't 40+ yrs old like a lot of us. For their entire football viewing lives the SEC has been king. That significantly affects a decision.

Well we have like 9 4 star players right now, who

Jan 29, 2013, 1:03 PM

couldn't careless about the SEC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not debating that...the only point is this will be used

Jan 29, 2013, 1:21 PM

against us just like we use the ACC basketball success over the years in recruiting in that sport.

LOLLLLLLLLL! Yea, that using the ACC to sell recruits

Jan 29, 2013, 3:59 PM

on Clemson in basketball is really working out. Seriously.

Not surprising at all that SEC schools use their conference

Jan 29, 2013, 12:38 PM

affiliation to their advantage, or that a lot of recruits buy into it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

of course not....they are selling the same way that ACC

Jan 29, 2013, 12:40 PM

basketball coaches have sold for a GENERATION. I guarantee you Brownell sells playing Duke and UNC and playing in the ACC to get kids to come here over GA and SC.

You don't go to school at the conference-pick a SCHOOL...

Jan 29, 2013, 12:59 PM

you like that has a good program. That's pretty simple, eh?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 29, 2013, 1:29 PM

If Adams, the way I see it, thinks that a conference name/label is more important than what Clemson has to offer him. Then he really should sell him self short for a label. He can't get any further into the NFL with the SEC label than he can at Clemson. And if recruits aren't smart enough to see and understand that, they are not smart enough for a school as Clemson.

The main question MA should consider in his recruitment is

Jan 29, 2013, 2:25 PM

"Do I want to be a NG in a 3-4 or do I want to be a DT in a 4-3 ?" It's much easier to 'show' without a double-team every play. All DLs get doubled at some point, but for a NG in a 3-4 it's standard operating procedure on most.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will he be the next A J Harmon?***

Jan 29, 2013, 3:37 PM

LOL at Georgia and the rest of the SEC teams hanging

Jan 29, 2013, 3:38 PM

onto Bama's coattails as hard as they can. Go to Georgia and you are assured of never winning the SEC(BAMA) championship. Come to Clemson and be a main cog in winning the ACC.

Dabo just needs to remind Adams of how the LSU defense was dropping like flies the last quarter after chasing Clemson all over the field.

Jan 29, 2013, 8:39 PM

Just wake me up when he signs.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic