Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many on this board REALLY thought we were this good at basketball?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 3,048

How many on this board REALLY thought we were this good at basketball?

Mar 19, 2018, 9:01 AM

Is this not somewhat surprising to a lot of people, that we made it this far? I knew we had the utmost potential but I don't think anyone really thought we would look this good offensively in the tournament. I'm glad we saved the best of all season, until now !!!

With that being said, keep surprising me Tiger Basketball

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well we were picked 13th was it on the conference?

Mar 19, 2018, 9:05 AM

So no at the beginning definitely not. However we played vs unc and duke well. So o thought we may have something there and then when we lost our best dude thought we were done and then more wins. The only team we didn’t seem to compete with during the season was Virginia but then had a very competitive game in the tourney so as time has gone on more and more hope for them

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks...

Mar 19, 2018, 9:05 AM

coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I predicted it before the season.

Mar 19, 2018, 9:09 AM

I am not surprised to get to this point. Elite 8 would be surprising. I thought before the season we wold go to the tournament, but at best would go to the Sweet 16. I was thinking more 32 though.

Link? TIA***

Mar 19, 2018, 9:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You probably remember. You live here too*****

Mar 19, 2018, 9:11 AM

Re: I predicted it before the season.

Mar 19, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to I predicted it before the season. ]

Same here but I also thought we would he this good last year as well. I thought 13th preseason in conference was very disrespectful.

I knew it was gonna be us and

Mar 19, 2018, 9:12 AM

UCMB.... other than that- total carp shoot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks...

Mar 19, 2018, 9:54 AM

A Realist.

come on! you can do this! give it a real go.

Mar 19, 2018, 2:19 PM

you're failing miserably

#wearspanties

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: I knew it was gonna be us and

Mar 19, 2018, 12:20 PM [ in reply to I knew it was gonna be us and ]

Carp are not good to eat. Their bony.

I Have A Better Question ...

Mar 19, 2018, 12:05 PM

How many people on this board are ashamed of the nasty things they have posted in the past about Brad Brownell???

Re: I Have A Better Question ...

Mar 19, 2018, 2:02 PM

Well the real question can brownell sustain consistency or will be another kevin ollie or cliff ellis or bill foster. That is the only thing brownell has yet to prove which is consistency. He take care of that department he will be great i think.

He better have a stud PG that he can land for...

Mar 19, 2018, 2:14 PM

when Mitchell leaves. To me that will decide everything as far as after next season. If we are healthy we go to that tournament again next year.

Me

Mar 19, 2018, 12:11 PM

But I pay attention to basketball when it starts unlike most Clemson fans who do not pay attention until mid-January.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Me

Mar 19, 2018, 12:18 PM

Why would basketball start during football season?

Me

Mar 19, 2018, 12:11 PM

But I pay attention to basketball when it starts unlike most Clemson fans who do not pay attention until mid-January.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many on this board REALLY thought we were this good at basketball?

Mar 19, 2018, 2:10 PM

Clearly all we had to do was get out of the ACC Officiating so we could actually play basketball and see what our team really looks like.

I thought we were this good wit Grantham.

Mar 19, 2018, 2:29 PM

Never thought we could do this without him.

Re: I thought we were this good wit Grantham.

Mar 19, 2018, 3:43 PM

Same here, our shooting and offense is on another level than I have ever seen before from Clemson basketball, I remember when we couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from 3 point land. Looks like recruiting these boys from Waxhaw and Shelby, NC has really paid off.... this team is full of guys from high schools that haven't really ever produced a whole lot of talent in the past and this team has

Re: I thought we were this good wit Grantham.

Mar 19, 2018, 3:43 PM [ in reply to I thought we were this good wit Grantham. ]

Same here, our shooting and offense is on another level than I have ever seen before from Clemson basketball, I remember when we couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from 3 point land. Looks like recruiting these boys from Waxhaw and Shelby, NC has really paid off.... this team is full of guys from high schools that haven't really ever produced a whole lot of talent in the past and this team has really gelled at the right time.

Mar 19, 2018, 3:53 PM

I thought we would have a year like the previous one...

A few boneheaded OOC loses that hurt our resume followed up by a mediocre ACC season that ended up with us in the NIT.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 19, 2018, 3:58 PM

DeVoe has made a HUGE difference as well as the improvement of the other players

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2018, 4:10 PM

To me chemistry has been the biggest factor, and a bigger focus on the offense running through our guards.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet 16 shouldn't be a surprise

Mar 19, 2018, 4:10 PM

We've been ranked in the top 20 pretty much the entire 2nd half of the season.

The team now has a chance to really exceed expectations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We always had obvious flashes of brilliance

Mar 19, 2018, 4:12 PM

But now, all the pieces have come together. Now we ...

- Take it to the hoop !
- Kick out to the open man !
- Play defense like Mad Men !

Inside game GOOD !
Outside game Good !
Defense Good !

These three keys are key

But really, the MAIN key is ... we score more points then the other team ... this is THE key

Message was edited by: OhWiseOne®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We always had obvious flashes of brilliance

Mar 19, 2018, 4:18 PM

Hey look this guy is still going with his super fan trolling/charade.

A reminder of a few years ago when he started this nonsense...

You have slightly improved with your skills but more of us can still see straight through you.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Yes, my Spelin back then was not so gud ...

Mar 21, 2018, 5:16 PM

I know how it ofends ye and so sensitive ... get over it, Hillary LOST !

I fully expected to be in the NCAA Tournament this year.

Mar 19, 2018, 4:48 PM

I also felt like we could have a special season, making it to the Sweet Sixteen and possibly beyond. Being picked 13th in the ACC was a load of crap, and I knew it then.

However, if you told me that we would lose Grantham midway through the ACC season I would’ve revised my expectations somewhat.

The coaches and players have done an outstanding job, and they are to be commended!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 19, 2018, 6:52 PM

I was one of the very last posters on this board to realize we weren't going to make the tournament last season. I was a true believer to the bitter end.
This year in the preseason I predicted we could finish as high as 6 in the league as long as we had improvement from most of our players. I'll admit I was shocked at the Improvement Grantham made. DeVoe was a bit of a surprise as well although I saw this potential in him from the first time I watched him play. Thomas Reed and Mitchell have all been pleasant surprises although I expected they would improve a little bit based on maturation.
I've been kind of quiet on here most of this season, even during the winning because of how disappointing and painful the past seasons have been. I've objectively critiqued the coaches and players this year too but I never gave up on them though I tempered my expectations after Grantham went down.
This year has been great and this program is at a level that I always believed coach Brownell could take us to. I think he can take us higher too.

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2018, 5:26 PM

I agree. DeVoe is the cataylst.

I always wondered if the game being at a new venue would affect shooting at all but just realized we have plenty of time to warm up and actually both teams have to adjust to the new gym other than the one they were just at, in San Diego.

I can't wait.

Mar 20, 2018, 5:39 PM

I knew we could beat NM State and Auburn when the bracket came out, so that's not a surprise.

It did surprise me that we finished 4th in the ACC

Replies: 31
| visibility 3,048
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic