Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many African Amer. offensive coords. can you name?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,302

How many African Amer. offensive coords. can you name?

Dec 3, 2014, 9:03 AM

For that matter, can you name a major college team in the country that has African American offensive and defensive coordinators? I was thinking this morning that I could think of several African American defensive coordinators in the college ranks but no offensive coordinators come to mind. I think this is good for our program, not just because of color but to have a diverse staff and all of them quality coaches. To have Tony Elliott and Hobby serving as co-coordinators on both sides of the ball has to make a statement to young men looking at our program. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating putting people in place just because of their color, but I believe every coach on our roster is a quality coach. Hiring from within also helps us recruit quality young position coaches that we may look at in the future if they know they will be considered to move up. Clemson is a ranked program on the rise, at the top of APR ratings, and has a diverse staff with real responsibilities. To me that seems like the foundation of a strong program. Not trying to start a political debate here, just my 2 cents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many African Amer. offensive coords. can you name?

Dec 3, 2014, 9:10 AM

Solid observation...well done.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2014, 9:14 AM

Absolutely Agree! A great move which should solidify recruits. We are family is not just a catch phrase for Clemson, it is a reality !!

I like your cowbell image but it's not better than when CW

Dec 3, 2014, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: How many African Amer. offensive coords. can you name? ]

played Colonel Angus.....I watched it again yesterday, check it out it's hilarious (if you're into salty humor)

Dec 3, 2014, 9:20 AM

It's hard to find blacks who were born in Africa--native born blacks not so much...I am sick to death of the term African-American for those born in the US--I have ancestors from another continent too, but I don't identify with that continent. I am an American--native born--and I love this country. Now, for the coordinator question, I don't care if our coordinators are white, black, or whatever as long as they can get the job done!

Why would you try so hard to be offended by something like

Dec 3, 2014, 9:45 AM

that and imply someone doesn't love their country if they are called African American by another person?

Makes me wonder where the hell you're coming from.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not racist so I don't keep up with races. they all the same to me

Dec 3, 2014, 9:35 AM

Even the almighty Boston marathon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I'm not racist so I don't keep up with races. they all the same to me

Dec 3, 2014, 9:37 AM

Captain, you are 100% correct.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah we should have black and white co head coaches, too

Dec 3, 2014, 9:41 AM

not sure i agree with your logic. How bout we pick the best person for the job

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so the question itself is racist in tone. Yes, I believe it

Dec 3, 2014, 10:59 AM

is. Why even bring that into the equation? We will never get past the issue if is always THE issue.

Re: so the question itself is racist in tone. Yes, I believe it

Dec 3, 2014, 11:11 AM

That's what I'm saying. If everyone should be treated equal, then stop bringing up the term African-American or black and making it like its a big deal every time. Refer to them as their name, and not African-American. It wouldn't be an issue if those terms would stop being thrown into the topics of these discussions.

Re: so the question itself is racist in tone. Yes, I believe it

Dec 3, 2014, 12:49 PM

Your right but it doesn't help anything when the rams come on the field doing hands up dont shoot either. To me thats why thier is racial division in the country.

Dec 3, 2014, 12:31 PM

utah

Re: Lorenzo ward?

Dec 3, 2014, 12:56 PM

Oh sorry I thought you meant a coordinator that was offensive, not the other way around...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,302
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic