Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How long does the current winning streak over coots go?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

How long does the current winning streak over coots go?

Jun 17, 2017, 12:23 PM

Currently at 3, I believe the talent gap is just too much for them to challenge this year and next year will be in DV and we will be loaded with talent. That's puts us at 5.

Then T Lawrence and XT will be major factors and gotta figure the next 2 years would be wins as well. Which would bring us to 7. At this point the coots probably fire Muscoot and start over with a new head coach. Meanwhile the Tigers probably have another National Title, several more ACC championships, and playoff appearances.

Can we get to 10 in a row? I think that is a strong possibility.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How long does the current winning streak over coots go?

Jun 17, 2017, 12:27 PM

It's a realistic possibility but anything can happen in rivalry games. With the two programs heading in different directions, it may be awhile before they are even competitive with us again.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2017, 12:30 PM

I'm pretty sure talent wise we could win ten in a row but best team doesn't always win.
I should probably be awarded a Captain Obvious for this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't count your chickens

Jun 17, 2017, 12:34 PM

Muschump said never again!
??

Re: Don't count your chickens

Jun 17, 2017, 1:26 PM

I think it's OK to count them if they are all dead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#GameOn***

Jun 17, 2017, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Don't count your chickens ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Don't count your chickens

Jun 17, 2017, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Don't count your chickens ]

I think Muschamp's "never again" is admitting the Gamecocks will "never again" defeat Clemson.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While difficult in any venue, 10 straight

Jun 17, 2017, 12:33 PM

is a real possibility for us vs. coots. Only way it won't happen is for us to have a slip-up....after all it is a rivalry game and strange things can happen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

I see another 8 out of 9***

Jun 17, 2017, 12:39 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They probably need to win this year or it may get real ugly.

Jun 17, 2017, 12:44 PM

We will be in their place with a QB who has never started against them and who is not Deshaun Watson.

Their chances probably won't be better for a long time.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2017, 7:03 PM

Just get to 5. I want to win all of them but getting to 5 should shut them up about their 5 game streak.

If they don't win this year, then yes, I could see it getting up to 5-7 straight wins.

Jun 17, 2017, 1:31 PM

YES, DW4 NEVER LOSS TO THE COOTS AND MUSTCAMP WILL NEVER WIN, after 3 straight defeats, the coach will be gone, as one stated......now, for bently, he will never beat the TIGERS...that is just the way it will be......NOW, for how many straight wins the tigers will pull off vs the coots, I say, easy 6 to 8....we may not have DW4, but our defence will keep us in all the games. The season starter will not be the starter by game 6 or sooner///go TIGERS.

NOTE OF INTEREST.....BACK IN THE DAY, THE tigers HAVE WO 7 STRIGHT, WITH A TIE IN BETWEEN GAMR 4 AND 6...BUT THE COOTS DID NOT WIN IN THE SPAN OF 8 GAMES......go tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

56-7 and beating BAMMER for a Natty didn't shut them up?

Jun 17, 2017, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: How long does the current winning streak over coots go? ]

Well, they are coots.

But I would shut them up with the words National Champions. The be all. The end all.

~JKB

5 is no big deal 6 will be sweet***

Jun 17, 2017, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: How long does the current winning streak over coots go? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least another 10 years.

Jun 17, 2017, 1:25 PM

I don't expect them to fire a HC before he's been given five or six to build a program. Musscoot started from scratch. If his replacement is a first class coach it may take as many as five+ whatever to deal with the SEC competition during the post season.

I'm too old to look forward to an exciting game with them unless Dabo continues to work our three and four deep. Somehow I think Clemson's huge scores and USuCk's huge losses will get me by.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But SEC?***

Jun 17, 2017, 2:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At least another 10 years.

Jun 17, 2017, 2:13 PM [ in reply to At least another 10 years. ]

The coots will be screaming for his head after 3 - 4 years tops. That's just the way they roll.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2017, 1:51 PM

Failing to win THIS YEAR will allow CLEMSON to win the next 5-7 games. If I were a betting man (and I am), then I would predict 9-11 wins in a row for CLEMSON. Chickens will have to hire a new HC before they win again. It's all contingent on THIS YEAR though. We must win in '17.

Jun 17, 2017, 2:03 PM

Anything can happen, especially in rivalry games. But, I've discussed this with friends many times over the last couple of years.

I think we will wipe out their 5-game streak with our own, then add to it. As of today the talent gap suggests we get to 7. Realistically, I think 10 is possible.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

8 to 10....***

Jun 17, 2017, 2:18 PM

Re: 8 to 10....***

Jun 17, 2017, 2:32 PM

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT ALL OF YOU THINK. TALKING ABOUT 9 OR 10 IN A ROW IS NOT REALISTIC, ALTHOUGH,I HOPE WE MAKE IT.IT WOULD BE GREAT TO START THE HIGH FIVE WITH BOTH HANDS.

Re: 8 to 10....***

Jun 17, 2017, 2:38 PM

T-net Lives Matter, so YES, it matters what we think. :)

^^^Found One***

Jun 17, 2017, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: 8 to 10....*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One at A Time!

Jun 17, 2017, 2:46 PM

FOUR is NEXT!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: One at A Time!

Jun 17, 2017, 3:05 PM

In the words of buzz lite beer. To infinity and beyond

Jun 17, 2017, 3:04 PM

Being realistic, I don't see them challenging in the next 3-4 years. That's assuming they get better in all areas. If they stay on course like they are and so do we.......my three year old might graduate from Clemson without knowing what if feels like to lose to the Cawks!!

Jun 17, 2017, 3:39 PM

I will not predict on our streak; however I will relate my experience in Columbia while visiting a local sod shop. I went to purchase a particular brand of insecticide to apply to my lawn. I was wearing a very plane Clemson shirt, nothing gaudy or in your face. I walked up to the counter and the guy behind the counter began to regurgitate the typical Coot line about my shirt. I respectfully told him that I had five fingers shoved in my face many times by people like him. I told him that we beat the living crap out of them and we won the big one too. I also told him that I came to his place to spend my money and did not appreciate being treated in such a manner. About that time the manager overheard the conversation and came over and gave the dude a piece of his mind and apologized to me. I personally hope they never win another game, but I know that won't happen so I will end with I hope we never loose to them again. All ##### really -uck!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least 5 more as of now.*****

Jun 17, 2017, 3:40 PM

Dabo built the house with a strong foundation while they

Jun 17, 2017, 6:47 PM

Balked about wins that were rare as he continued to put steel beams on top of granite rock. It's going to be another 10-15 years before he loses to them again. Dabo built it so strong that it's hard to find a weakness even after back to back National Championships. If you grade Clemson position by position and the depth at each position as to compared to the coots we win at every position for years to come.

10-15 years is realistic by logical common sense and that loss will just be total upset that might happen. We are going to double the win total over them an use them as a nice welcome rug to wipe our feet on. If we were cruel we would be bombing pictures with them with our shoes off to count all our toes and fingers. They are paying Clemson style for bragging on their only 5 streak ever. The streak may not end in my lifetime as long as Dabo our legendary coach is here.

I almost feel sorry for them. NOT EVER!!????

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 17, 2017, 6:51 PM

All the way to the horizon.

The most critical game is next year down

Jun 17, 2017, 7:18 PM

at Willy Brice. On paper, and Vegas agrees, we should not have a problem winning. However, bare in mind, last year's game is all they have thought about all year. Can they beat us? Yes,! Go back to years ago when we got beat by Wake and the whole Clemson world was in major depression. After the game Tommy Bowden assured the team that WE WOULD BEAT FSU the next weekend. FSU was like 3rd in the nation at the time, and were loaded. I think, it was a night game and I got there earlier than usual. When FSU walked out on the field for pre-game warmups, I was in awe. Their size, their speed, and the height of their receivers blew me away.

We trotted out on the field and beat those basta*ds. Same could happen to us next year. BUT, unless like previous coaches we have had, Dabo knows how to win on the road. I have complete confidence in him and his staff. He*l, Alabama was up by 14 last year. Tiger fans depressed. We go ahead in fourth quarter and feel halfway good. All of a sudden their qb runs for a touchdown. 2:06 to play. You know the rest!

At the rate things are going...

Jun 17, 2017, 8:56 PM

seven or eight is not unrealistic. Clemson is light years ahead of $CU in coaching and recruiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic