Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Ebenezer Ogundeko tweets about new school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

FB Update: Ebenezer Ogundeko tweets about new school

May 30, 2015, 3:37 PM

Ebenezer Ogundeko tweets about new school

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him. I hope he learned his lesson.

May 30, 2015, 3:42 PM

Wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope the credit card fraud victim is ok. Not sure how

May 30, 2015, 7:23 PM

an accused credit card thief is admitted into a school so quickly.

If this is breaking, then DT has been officially declared by tnet mods***

May 30, 2015, 5:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: FB Update: Ebenezer Ogundeko tweets about new school

May 30, 2015, 5:43 PM

Not a Tiger so I dont care

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he was recently arrested in Clemson

May 30, 2015, 6:05 PM

is he going to Tenn State just in case he is acquitted? I hope he can turn his life around, but I don't get how/why schools will pick up athletes who are in the middle of problems without resolution

How is he eligible immediately?

May 30, 2015, 6:39 PM

Just curious, because it seems every transfer is eligible immediately these days.

Re: How is he eligible immediately?

May 30, 2015, 7:12 PM

going to a smaller division, class or whatever they call it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is he going to be eligible if he is in jail? Tennessee

May 30, 2015, 10:49 PM

State Pen?

May 30, 2015, 6:57 PM

didn't he commit a felony?! How is he not seeing some jail time?

Depends on how it is adjudicated

May 30, 2015, 10:09 PM

If he had a clean record coming to CU, which I imagine he had because I doubt Dabo and Co. would go after him if he didn't, he's probably eligble for PTI.

If he doesn't go for PTI and pleads guilty, with a clean record he most likely will get probation, especially if he agrees to make restitution.

If he goes to trial, which chances of that are slim to grim if they're agreeable to a deal, he might get some time. That won't happen for 2-3 years with the standard delaying tactics that most defense attorneys use. Always delaying, hoping the arresting/investigating officers die or leave the business, or that victims and witnesses lose interest or get cold feet. Gamesmanship in the hopes of a better deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

May 30, 2015, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Ebenezer Ogundeko tweets about new school ]

I'm sorry, but when you commit a felony, you don't get to bring God into the discussion.

May 30, 2015, 10:40 PM

He will more than likely get pti and its probably already been agreed upon by his attorney and prosecutors. He will go to court in a year or 2 , plead guilty, get pti do some community service and then his record is clean. Happens that way all the time. Obviously Tenn state has gotten ok pretty much in writing for them to accept him

Jun 2, 2015, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Ebenezer Ogundeko tweets about new school ]

Actually, this may be the best time to have God on his side. It never hurts, and can only help. Sometimes we all need a wake up call to get us on the right path.

If there is a trial it probably won't be for some time

Jun 1, 2015, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Ebenezer Ogundeko tweets about new school ]

And it's completely up to his new school whether they want to suspend him or not.

You cannot tell me that scam was worth it

May 30, 2015, 11:23 PM

Good luck.

May 31, 2015, 9:14 AM

OK, going to upset all those bible thumpers out there but if this kid is so religious, why did he do what he did? I guess the devil made him do it. And for another school to pick him up so quickly - what a shame. I just can't see why this is such a wonderful thing. He's plenty old enough to know right from wrong. But I guess that doesn't matter in the new world that we live in where those who choose to ignore the law are put on pedestals!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thou shalt not steal

Jun 1, 2015, 10:23 AM

I would say I'm a woman of God and your "bible thumper" comment doesn't bother me, but yes if he was such a man of God, he should have known better. After all, stole money and "thou shalt not steal" is one of the 10 Commandments.

As far as the other school picking him up so quickly, that does seem strange - like it was prearranged - I'm not saying it was. Maybe they were desperate?

If he does do this PTI thing and everything is basically delayed/cleared, that seems like rewarding bad behavior. I know he'll have a lot of fees to pay (court, lawyer, etc.) but it seems like there should be other penalties that fit the crime in addition to paying fees.

Re: thou shalt not steal

Jun 3, 2015, 7:57 AM

Maybe our Justice System believes in giving kids a second chance . . . I, for one, hope he makes the best of it. As a Christian, I am blessed to know I am a sinner and a hypocrite and that God alone holds judgement. Fortunately, his son took the fall for my shortcomings. So, I try to live the best life I can in His grace . . . I can't judge Ebo for his shortcomings, but I do hope he stays on the path of righteousness as best as he can.

Good for him

May 31, 2015, 11:47 AM

I wish him nothing but the best

Good for him

May 31, 2015, 11:47 AM

I wish him nothing but the best

Figured he'd be playing for the Citrus State Mean Machines.***

Jun 1, 2015, 11:22 AM

Ebenezer Ogundeko's new school

Jun 1, 2015, 10:41 PM

is the same place that picked up Shaq Anthony. Wonder what the link is?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're also Tigers?***

Jun 2, 2015, 10:20 AM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic