Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyway Croatia gets the upset today?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Anyway Croatia gets the upset today?

Jul 15, 2018, 8:44 AM

They are pretty strong midfield and they have some guys that can score. Will France have too much power and pace for them? Not sure either D is that great. Croatia has some veterans and they have the Cinderella story on their side. Will France just be too talented?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyway Croatia gets the upset today?

Jul 15, 2018, 8:47 AM

2-0 France

Jul 15, 2018, 8:51 AM

I am thinking the same thing but Croatia has the players to surprise us.

Jul 15, 2018, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Anyway Croatia gets the upset today? ]

2-0 France

Probably. Really am rooting for Croatia though just because they've never won it...and as a nation of 4 million with their youth development system in shambles, they;'re highly unlikely to ever have that chance again.

Again...the one thing that does come to mind is that our own USA team - made up largely of U23's since we're in full-on rebuilding mode since the old guys didn't make the Cup - went into Paris less than a month ago and tied France's A++ squad 1-1...actually we were briefly up 2-0, but Bobby Wood was ruled offsides. They tied it late on in the game.

So yeah, there's a chance. Modrich, Rakotich, and that winger, Perasovic, all are really, really good.

Some ways this team is hard to like, though, like most of the former Yugoslavian states. They're very connected to some unsavory folks, and have a lot of overt ties to far-right-wing Nazi and nationalist groups. You might recall it wasn't too long there was ethnic cleansing going on in that neck of the woods. You hope it doesn't help that agenda along if they win.
https://thewire.in/sport/croatia-team-represents-the-rot-in-its-society-as-much-as-football-excellence

Of course.

Jul 15, 2018, 9:14 AM

After a few minutes of play, France will surrender.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 9:26 AM

I will just be glad when the next qualifying round begins again . Shame on the US Mens Soccer team . Shame !

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

France's defense is incredible - it's been the best in the WC

Jul 15, 2018, 9:28 AM

I'd like to see Croatia do something but France just seems like a bad matchup for them. Kante and Pogba can actually match up with and largely neutralize Rakatic and Modric. Croatia also tends to just get the ball out wide and send lots of (mostly bad) crosses into the box and France is excellent at dealing with crosses.

1-0 France. I'd like to see more goals but France seems content to sit back and defend despite having the best group of attackers in the world at their disposal.

Jul 15, 2018, 10:03 AM

Sitting on my 7:1 France future from before the tournament I hope not. Have to think all that extra time on a somewhat older team is going to take a toll on especially against a young, speedy France who has had an extra day of rest

How is Croatia's quarterback this season?***

Jul 15, 2018, 10:10 AM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic