Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kelly Bryant reportedly receives his release papers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 96
| visibility 1

TNET: Kelly Bryant reportedly receives his release papers

Oct 2, 2018, 8:34 PM

Kelly Bryant reportedly receives his release papers

Kelly Bryant is basically now on the college football free agent market according to a Tuesday night report. Rivals.com's Woody Wommack posted that Bryant recei Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant reportedly receives his release papers

Oct 2, 2018, 8:37 PM

Truly wish him all the best!

Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!***

Oct 2, 2018, 8:39 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!***

Oct 2, 2018, 8:57 PM

Negative .... not always a Clemson Tiger in my eyes. Adversity builds character...running from it is a pansy way out of things. Clemson committed to KB and never pulled away from him even through his surgery. We have watched them live up to scholarships even when the player was physically unable to play football. KB will never make it at QB on the next level IMO. He could have easily gone to the coaching staff and said look, It is my desire to be the QB; however, can I switch positions in an effort to make myself atttactive to NFL teams and I will be there if needed at QB. He would have been the hero this past Saturday. He chose a weasel way out instead!

He let his teammates down starting with the D - Lineman that could be playing on Sunday right now and making some great $. I just don’t see how a person can look at it any different.

has a diploma = always a Clemson Tiger****

Oct 2, 2018, 9:01 PM

Re: has a diploma = always a Clemson Tiger****

Oct 2, 2018, 9:03 PM

^^^True dat.

Oct 2, 2018, 9:06 PM [ in reply to has a diploma = always a Clemson Tiger**** ]

YUP.....another reason his move is pathetic! Who paid for that diploma???

Oct 2, 2018, 9:18 PM

Clemson paid for his 4 years of education and in return he gave his all to the football team for 4 years. He got a degree and we got a bunch of wins. A fair value for us chicken!

Oct 3, 2018, 5:47 AM

Was it 4 years? Or a little less than that?

Oct 3, 2018, 3:13 PM

He got a 4 year degree in 3 years due to summer school. Just like Deshaun.

Oct 2, 2018, 9:37 PM [ in reply to has a diploma = always a Clemson Tiger**** ]

I disagree...

has a diploma = always a Clemson graduate

there's a difference, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Curious...do you have a Clemson diploma like KB?

Oct 2, 2018, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!*** ]

If not, then your opinion doesn't count.

Huh. Well...that’s not true.***

Oct 2, 2018, 9:42 PM

null

Re: Curious...do you have a Clemson diploma like KB?

Oct 3, 2018, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Curious...do you have a Clemson diploma like KB? ]

I have two degrees and one of those allowed me to wear purple pajamas with three stripes.

He is a Tiger and a Clemson Gentleman. I don't always agree with my alums, but you respect them, support them and/or forgive them.

Of course, if he wears any combo of garnet, then you try and break the Auburn sack number.

I do

Oct 3, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Curious...do you have a Clemson diploma like KB? ]

As does my Uncle
Grandfather
and Great Grandfather

That count?

Oct 2, 2018, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!*** ]

Kelly Bryant busted his butt in practice, in the weight room, in meeting rooms and took care of his body and sacrificed it for the Clemson program for 4 years. Kelly Bryant took care of business in the classroom and EARNED his Clemson undergraduate degree. He is more of a Clemson Tiger than I’ll ever be and I’m sure more than 99% of the people commenting on TNet. The comments he made were just his way of trying to justify a bad decision to the public.

Oct 2, 2018, 9:56 PM

Absolute truth

Well 3-1/2 years. He quit when his teammates needed him

Oct 3, 2018, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!*** ]

because he disagreed with the coaches depth chart

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In reality I think he quit because he AGREED with the depth

Oct 3, 2018, 1:08 AM

Re: Well 3-1/2 years. He quit when his teammates needed him

Oct 3, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Well 3-1/2 years. He quit when his teammates needed him ]

And there is not much of any other way it can be put. I mean it can be said in a more crude way, but Neal was nice about it I think!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2018, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!*** ]

Agree 100%

Re: Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!******

Oct 3, 2018, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!*** ]

Oct 3, 2018, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!*** ]

Amen to that brother. My sentiments exactly. that's basically it cut and dry.

Oct 3, 2018, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!*** ]

Amen to that brother. My sentiments exactly. that's basically it cut and dry.

Oct 3, 2018, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!*** ]

I agree.... He let down his team and to those who working hard for another National Championship.

No... he’s not

Oct 2, 2018, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!*** ]

Not in my book. He got beat out by a better player, quit his team, and then cried like an entitled manchild that he was treated unfairly. Horse shyatt!!!

He would have had the ultimate chance to be a hero and begin winning the job back IF he had been there in the 2nd qtr Saturday; but he wasn’t there for the team. It’s all about Kelly B.

If he wanted to transfer he should have at least been a man about it, not a child. Be gracious and complimentary to the coaches who recruited you and gave you the chance you had at a top tier program.

He totally effed up in my opinion. Good luck being a star QB somewhere else next year, Kelly B. Not a Tiger any more. Wanna see a Tiger? CHASE BRICE is a Tiger.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No... he’s not

Oct 2, 2018, 9:15 PM

Thank you!!! And he wasn’t even man enough to sit face to face with Coach Swinney but does it through a text message? PANSY!!!!

I don't like the way he handled it but he fulfilled his...

Oct 2, 2018, 9:50 PM [ in reply to No... he’s not ]

...obligation to the university. He is simply taking advantage of the new NCAA rule that allows him to transfer. He didn't break rules, he was always a good guy and a good ambassador. He's got his Clemson ring and his Clemson natty ring.

I have a Clemson ring too...

Oct 2, 2018, 10:00 PM

Gold C in onyx with “89” below the tree. And in my opinion the way he handled it, the whining, complaining, entitled mentality, and the fact that he wasn’t there for his team last Saturday when they needed him most, that negates a LOT. He needed Clemson a lot more than Clemson needed him. And the minute things weren’t going his way he quit.

Not a Tiger any more. Not to me he’s not.

KB is a coot killa...

Oct 2, 2018, 11:28 PM

...take the high road and let it go.

a lot of butthurt mangers***

Oct 3, 2018, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Oct 3, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Best of luck KB...always a Clemson Tiger!*** ]

his time at Clemson will always be followed with a question mark........you do not quit on your team BECAUSE you loss your starting job ...........will not be remembered as a team player.......sour grapes remarks will follow him from now on.......Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 2, 2018, 8:52 PM

Best to you KB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2018, 8:52 PM

Best to you KB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good. Point of No Return!

Oct 2, 2018, 8:56 PM

#nocomeback #seeya

Oct 2, 2018, 9:00 PM

BYE, A better backup was buried in the QB depth chart, you quit and boom there was Chase Brice moving up, and we're still winning!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I might almost consider FAU if I was Bryant

Oct 2, 2018, 9:02 PM

Some of the other schools are more prestigious...but Lane Kiffin - while an undeniable scumbag, in numerous ways - also has a very particular skillset that matches up with Kelly Bryant's needs: the ability to teach a structured vertical passing game.

The dude can flat-out coach offensive and passing concepts. Nobody questions Kiffin's football IQ.

Bryant's got all the intangibles - toughness, IQ, character (yes, he is a high-character kid, and even Swinney attests to that), leadership ability, charisma - and he's a physical hoss with the size, athleticism, and arm strength to play in the NFL for 10+ years.

What he doesn't have is the understanding of the vertical passing game playing in the NFL requires, and he's got very poor throwing mechanics on top of that. Kiffin, despite all his faults, excels at teaching exactly those things.

Something to consider. I've always thought that mostly Bryant needed just more experience, and improvement in the areas he was weak...and he'd play in the NFL a good long time.

QB's who can lead and win are not a dime a dozen. QB's who can lead, win, and be developed in the NFL are even rarer ducks, and Kelly, IMHO, has always been one of those. The problem was he played one year in a true passing offense - at 3A Wren High School - and then 3.5 years for Clemson, and while he showed immense year-to-year progress that just wasn't comparable to the guys who play from Middle School on, develop at top high schools under top offensive tutors, and then go on to get another gazillion snaps in college.

Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence had all that. Bryant didn't. But getting with a top tutor of QB's like Kiffin - assuming you can actually trust him to stay at Florida Atlantic for the year you're there - might be exactly what the doctor ordered to improve the weak points in Kelly's game...and it could drive his draft stock way up.

Just a thought.

Do you seriously believe...

Oct 2, 2018, 9:21 PM

that’s there’s a whole lot of potential for significant further development for Kelly B? If there was, you really think Lane Kiffin is going to get something out of him that Streeter and our OCs never could?

I don’t see it. He AIN’T gonna be a star QB at some other team next season, and he DEFINITELY ain’t gonna be a QB in the league, not for one snap.

Exactly!

Oct 2, 2018, 9:24 PM

KB isn't just lacking in a few small areas, he's lacking in significantly important areas - such as the ability to quickly read defenses and pass the ball farther than 10 yards. He isn't going to improve these deficiencies under a new coach or different regime.

He is a good athlete who was able to out-talent mediocre and poor teams, but his deficiencies were on display for all to see when we played good defenses. That won't change at his next stop, and I still maintain that he will have a tough time starting and being successful unless he goes to an FCS school.

I also agree with you that he has no shot at being an NFL QB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Exactly!

Oct 2, 2018, 11:10 PM

Well, no one can say we didn't try cluing people in preseason. As much as I was bashed for it, well, think the stats that made the change show what I was trying to get people to see before this happened. Everyone wanted to take coaches word over their own eyes of what they saw in the spring game....and well, that lack of accuracy and consistency was still there come fall.

In the end, I wish him well....but he really should consider going to various out-of-state (not his normal practice habit Ramon who has gotten likely the best he can do with him) top QB guru's and camps to work on his passing mechanics and everything that hurts his accuracy. He could be better if he really works hard at it. If he wants to take the shot at NFL as a QB seriously, that passing has to make a huge stride, or they'll only look at him at another position (unless he just kills the combine).

I enjoy all you guys’ commemts, and I’m not trying to pick a fight

Oct 2, 2018, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Exactly! ]

... but this is just business. Consider: Kelly does not have “no shot” at the NFL. He has a non-zero chance of being drafted, let’s say it’s 5% for the sake of argument. If he stays at Clemson, I doubt that probability changes much. If he goes somewhere and flames out, it still doesn’t change much. However, if he goes somewhere and improves, then he can increase his probability of being drafted. Maybe by a lot. There is only upside to leaving.

Except for that whole quitting on your teammates thing.

Re: I enjoy all you guys’ commemts, and I’m not trying to pick a fight

Oct 2, 2018, 11:42 PM

Look at it this way....if he stays at Clemson and shows his leadership (and loyalty), that can go along way to NFL Scouts...regardless if he can't get drafted as a QB, they would see what he has to offer and figure out how they can use him. Leaving shows if you don't like your situation, he could bail. Think that's going to go over well for anyone that could consider him at higher money?? And trick is, as you said, if he goes somewhere and improves....well, he better have a stacked team. He was what he was with tons of 4 and 5 star receivers...with Etienne who finished in the top 30 last year in rushing TD's, and would have been 9th in rushing yards per carry (if he played in enough games). A top 10 defense. a team that went to playoffs the last several years. Will get get all that somewhere else? Will he have the RB's to bail him out of games like FSU/VT where he didn't pass well? Will he have the defense to keep the scores of the opponent low so his 1-2 passing TD's game is enough, if he doesn't also have those RB's?

I don't blame him one bit for leaving.

Oct 3, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to I enjoy all you guys’ commemts, and I’m not trying to pick a fight ]

I don't like how he left, or what he said, but I think he made the right decision to redshirt this year and transfer elsewhere. I just don't think he will necessarily start at that school, and I also think his chances of playing in the NFL are slim to none. Hopefully he knows this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 3, 2018, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Exactly! ]

And he will NEVER wear another National Championship ring! Clemson will make it to the Championship game again even WITHOUT KB.... GO TIGERS!!!

Oct 3, 2018, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Exactly! ]

I don't expect KB to go anywhere that he would have to compete with anyone more than a 2 or 3 star true freshman bc he would get caught up in the same situation as he did at Clemson!!! If the whole truth was to be told, if he would have had to went up against Chase this year if Trevor hadn't come in, and if the coaches was to be fair and play the best QB, Chase would have beat KB, and I believe that 100%!!!

Kiffin likes to pass at Kelly can't throw.

Oct 2, 2018, 9:21 PM [ in reply to I might almost consider FAU if I was Bryant ]

Kelly isn't going to become a good passer at this point.

Re: I might almost consider FAU if I was Bryant

Oct 2, 2018, 11:41 PM [ in reply to I might almost consider FAU if I was Bryant ]

It’s a good thought, and I always appreciate your perspective!

In my view though, given one year of eligibility overlaid with Kelly’s weaknesses, and finally his personal belief that he’s going to play on Sunday, there are only options that 1) fit an immediate need, and 2) because of the first point must necessarily must include a fast learning curve.

That REALLY limits practical options. It almost means with certainty he’ll end up with a squeaky wheel team at the position who needs a run first QB whom can pass occasionally.

If you buy into that premise, I’m pretty sure you don’t need a thumb to count potential prospects.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I might almost consider FAU if I was Bryant

Oct 3, 2018, 6:08 AM [ in reply to I might almost consider FAU if I was Bryant ]

I hope that Kelly lands in a wonderful place that will help him develop and give him another year to prepare for the NFL. Make it or not, hope it will be a worthwhile part of his journey.

If Clemson settles down and plays in its fourth Straight national championship playoff, Kelly’s departure will eventually dwindle down to a non-event.
The part that Kelly will miss is losing the opportunity to be on a college football team that made the college football playoffs four years in a row. Not a better 4-year era anywhere in Clemson football history Or any football history short of Alabama.

Hopefully Kelly can be remembered as the starting quarterback Between the storied careers of Watson and Lawrence.

Bye

Oct 2, 2018, 9:02 PM

And just because I once preached that you were the man I'll say this, fsu will get you hurt that o-line is wet toilet paper. And don't let the door hit you in the Doeren on the way out.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2018, 9:04 PM

Hope he does well wherever he ends up .

#FreeBatson!

DB23

Oct 2, 2018, 10:00 PM

Absolutely

I still don’t care for his “slap in the face” comment.

Oct 2, 2018, 9:08 PM

He was still going to play,,,,,,a lot. He’s still a kid though. Maybe one day he will see things differently. Time for he and us to move on.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Exactly!!! He WOULD have played...

Oct 2, 2018, 9:26 PM

and if TL, the TRUE FRESHMAN, had struggled, then Kelly B would have been right back in the saddle as the starter. Clearly deep down he didn’t believe he could beat TL out because HE KNOWS that TL is the better QB; yet he was “slapped in the face”???

Spare me. Bye Felicia.

Never heard her

Oct 2, 2018, 9:09 PM

who?

Does he get a bill for his fall tuition?

Sep 20, 2015, 7:52 AM

Does he get a bill for his fall tuition?

Good! Everyone wins.

Oct 2, 2018, 9:20 PM

Kelly can further this career in a situation which he feels is better for him, and Clemson can finally have a legitimate passing attack and true leader at QB.

Not a very impressive list of landing spots.

Oct 2, 2018, 9:28 PM

I’d choose Auburn if I were KB.

Re: Not a very impressive list of landing spots.

Oct 3, 2018, 12:20 AM

lol...I wouldn't if he's smart. You think the SEC West is where his 1-2 passing TD's a game will win? LMAO....Bama, LSU, Texas A&M. Only advantage he'd have with Auburn is staying with a decent defense. But hey, competition just got harder as a whole in the SEC WEST (if you don't think so, his hardest ACC team he beat last year....lost to SEC East South Carolina, which he beat by how much??) and one of the teams you have to beat at the end, you didn't score a singe TD at all against the last time you faced them. Remember that 16-2 record...get ready to watch that get worse.

Oct 2, 2018, 9:43 PM

Be a big mistake to play for FSU or NC State

So academically, he receives a W for all of his grad classes?

Oct 2, 2018, 9:58 PM

That doesn’t look real good on his record for transferring to another school. But hey, he can go to UNCheat. I’m sure FSU would bend the rules too. I would hope he would go outside the ACC.

Re: I think KB made a poor decision

Oct 2, 2018, 10:03 PM

and should have remained silent; but many young men make mistakes (many of us older men make them still). Hopefully he will learn from this one. We should forgive and move on.

Oct 2, 2018, 10:07 PM

This chapter is over. I wish Kelly nothing but the best, as long as he isn’t playing against us. Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Bye, bye***

Oct 2, 2018, 10:48 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottom line, if Dabo, Renfrow, Wilkins, and CB don't have a

Oct 2, 2018, 11:02 PM

Re: Bottom line, if Dabo, Renfrow, Wilkins, and CB don't have a

Oct 3, 2018, 8:57 PM

Agree....sorry it ended but time to move on and look forward to supporting the players we are blessed to have playing. It’s gonna be a wild ride so strap em on tight boys and let’s play FOOTBALL. Go Tigers!!!

Bye Felicia

Oct 2, 2018, 11:09 PM

It's not that he's leaving. It's how he left.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2018, 11:13 PM

Yawn...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely ambivalent about KB's football future

Oct 2, 2018, 11:19 PM

Consider him an above average college QB who played with the 3rd to 4th best college personnel in the country last year. As for KB's future, I do not see it in football but wish him the best as a young man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2018, 11:22 PM

You haters are a circular firing squad.. So much negativity... and on Sunday you'll be in church... He left, you all think the team is better without him. Let it be....

What's truly funny is how much enjoyment you all get out of constantly trashing him and the other responses like.. True Dat...You so right... don't need him..

He cant do this he cant do that... Bottom line, he was a successful QB.. TL will only hope to have a 12-2 season.. Only losing to BAMA in the CFP. (Syracuse -- Got injured because he was sent in to play while he was hurt)

Bottom... I really like KB... I'm sorry to see him go. But he will be successful where ever he goes...Kids been through much tougher situations than all the couch coaches here.

Best Wishes Kelly Bryant...I will be watching you where ever you land.. No doubt you will be great.. Just hope you are appreciated for what you bring...Don't sweet these haters on TNET.

Oct 2, 2018, 11:29 PM

Fair enough, but what has set people off is that "slap in the face" and I didn't get a fair shot" statements to the newspaper.

This comments were clearly unwarranted, and so people feel protective of the program. You get what you give.

Oct 3, 2018, 5:32 AM

You nailed it. His comments burned bridges. Look at KB's mannerisms at the end of the Ga Tech game. Looks at how his head was down. He knew he was done. He may have his Clemson degree but would be booed if he walked onto our field at halftime. And for the record, I would not be booing him. Borrowing words he made a forty year decision.

WELL SAID

Oct 2, 2018, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant reportedly receives his release papers ]

From one CLEMSON GRAD to another.
You’ll always be a Tiger KB. I disagree but Respect your decision. Best Wishes

To the grown men with hurt feelings, “Move On”

Thanks for the lecture. Those who disagree with KB's

Oct 3, 2018, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant reportedly receives his release papers ]

decision to quit on the team are haters? BS! IMO, KB made a quick, rash,bonehead decision. Had he remained on the team he could probably have had a sterling performance against Syracuse. Due to his experience, KB would have probably led the Tiger team to even more points. How is his football career going to be improved over what he could have accomplished here at Clemson. KB left a top 4 team that is on national TV every week. Now he is sitting around, not practicing, not honing his skills, not playing with the best. His hot-headed decision to quit on his team was a stupid thing to do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think most people including Dabo disagree with his

Oct 3, 2018, 12:16 AM

Re: Thanks for the lecture. Those who disagree with KB's

Oct 3, 2018, 12:33 AM [ in reply to Thanks for the lecture. Those who disagree with KB's ]

Don't worry...if you talk about KB having passing issues, you are a hater...if you talk about how you didn't like that he practically put the program and the coaches in a negative light, you are a hater....if you called him out preseason for having less TD's in passing than he played games, you are a hater....if you pointed out Deshaun had twice his rushing yards in 2015 while having 1000+ more passing yards at the same time, you are a hater...if you pointed out that every QB from Cam Newton, to Tajh Boyd to Baker Mayfield to Lamar Jackson to Marcus Mariota to RG3 all had minimum 15-20 passing TD's more than him, you are a hater. If you didn't believe the coaches and actually looked at him overthrowing receivers left and right in the spring game and statistically becoming the worst of 4 QB's on the roster when his run was taken away like all 4 QB's run was taken away and say something about it...you are a hater. Welcome to August T-Net. Some are starting to wake up...some aren't.

Re: Thanks for the lecture. Those who disagree with KB's

Oct 3, 2018, 8:08 PM

The run always was a big part of KB's game. So if you take the run away, you take a large part of his game away.

Statistically, his numbers were very similar to Ohio State's J.T. Barrett, with the difference being Barrett had more TD passes while Clemson had more team rushing TDs. I remember Barrett having a really bad semifinal, too.

I don't get the obsession with passing TDs. Last I checked, rushing TDs are still worth 6 points. If the QB gives it to the RB to run it in, that's 6 points for the team, but the QB gets no credit. We didn't have a lot of passing TDs because we were good at punching it in on the ground. If anything, Saturday showed that we needed to be running the ball even more.

Don’t let the door hit ya.

Oct 3, 2018, 5:40 AM

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Re: Kelly Bryant doesn't deserve further attention; time

Oct 3, 2018, 5:47 AM

to focus on TL & Chase and put our energies and thoughts towards the love of our Tigers...

All those schools have starters. Starting from scratch.***

Oct 3, 2018, 6:49 AM

Re: All those schools have starters. Starting from scratch.***

Oct 3, 2018, 7:35 AM

God Bless I wish him all the best. We all move on. I could not do it. Loyalty means so much to me. Coach Venables Said it best. Cole has even higher marks in my opinion. It was so hard on him but then he had an NFL dad to give him advice.

Oct 3, 2018, 7:28 AM

Goodbye and good riddance. I am sick of hearing about Kelly Bryant already. Obviously he isn't the competitor that everybody thought he was. He's living a big pipe dream if he thinks he will be an NFL quarterback. Will go with what we got and call it a day.

Kelly Bryant Will Always Be a Tiger........With an Asterisks

Oct 3, 2018, 7:41 AM

Kelly Bryant: Clemson Grad*

* : Quit his team in the middle of the season because he was not "All In"

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Oct 3, 2018, 8:01 AM

The one thing I think that him leaving may hurt is if he goes to a smaller school. Let's say he does well but not great. How many NFL scouts are going to head to their pro day? Clemson is probably going to have a record amount of scouts at our pro day this year due to our headliners on the D line as well as Mullen and others who might be looking to leave early. That right there would give him a chance to practice in front of just about everybody making a call on Draft Day..

I think Kelly Bryant Will Be Under a Microscope

Oct 3, 2018, 8:05 AM

Because he is the first QB to leave the program in such a media circus that this story will be media fodder next year....

He has really put a bulls eye on his back and if he fails next year he will be humiliated

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Didn't Dabo let Korn come back for Pro Day ?

Oct 3, 2018, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kelly Bryant reportedly receives his release papers ]

I know he didn't let GHop, but GHop wasn't a Clemson Grad like Korn.

Oct 3, 2018, 8:09 AM

Wonder if KB would be getting this Love fest if Chase the Great didn't save our season. Bye Falecia!

Oh, his name would have been Mudd had we lost.

Oct 3, 2018, 9:48 AM

Now, he has to realize, that he would have had the chance to take his job back and now must wait to see if a Quality team needs a QB for next season. Seems ,and Quality already would have the QB spot lined up for next year.

This weekend's game made me change my mind on this

Oct 3, 2018, 10:21 AM

I really thought that KB should have stayed with the team and taken Coach Swinney up on the offer to remain part of the team without being played regularly. I also was under the assumption that Byrant would be given the opportunity to play in the event of a serious injury to Lawrence.

Had things played out that way, KB would have been on the sidelines, probably suited up, when Lawrence got knocked out of the game. This would have been a really awkward situation. How bad is Lawrence hurt? Is it a multiple-game situation? Should KB play? What if CB had really struggled? It would have been a high-pressure, no-time-to-think-about-it decision that would have had to be made in front of 80,000+ fans.

I've come around to the position that a clean break is best in this case.

Regardless I do wish KB well (unless we face him next season!). I can't blame the guy for pursuing his dreams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This weekend's game made me change my mind on this

Oct 3, 2018, 3:45 PM

If KB had stayed and played, given Syracuse's poor run defense, I think KB would have balled out and gotten some sweet revenge.

Then what? Does KB have the job for good? Is this competition going to be going on every week? Are we going to change our offense to be "fair" to both guys? The competition was one big distraction and KB has the added pressure of it being his last season.

That game taught the team who we are. We win by running the ball and relying on our defense. That takes a huge amount of pressure off TL.

As for staying, the break needed to be clean. You're either ALL IN or you're not. If you're going to cash out, cash out.

Looks like NC State for these choices

Oct 3, 2018, 11:06 AM

"Some of the possible landing spots include Auburn, FAU, Florida State, North Carolina State, and Ole Miss".
As we found out he's not very competitive when it comes to fighting for starting role and NC State looks like the place for him. Auburn has Stidham that will be a Senior. Ole Miss starting qb will be back. Florida Atlantic starting qb is graduating, but they have a former 4* qb back up that Bryant would have to compete with, so he's not going there. Finley will be graduating this year and the only ones he would to compete with are sophomores with no experience. Looks like the perfect fit for someone who wants the starting role handed to him. He would also fit right in with thet NC State fan base that thinks everybody is cheating them.

Re: Looks like NC State for these choices

Oct 3, 2018, 3:06 PM

NC State is Quarterback U. They have more QBs in the league than any other school. I’d hate to play against him, but it wouldn’t be a bad choice.

Oct 3, 2018, 2:39 PM

Great Good luck to him Thanks for the memories. Now the mods should block any mention of him and focus on our 2018 Tigers as they march forward to our third natty ....

Oct 3, 2018, 2:41 PM

Great Good luck to him Thanks for the memories. Now the mods should block any mention of him and focus on our 2018 Tigers as they march forward to our third national title.

The four games were a bonus

Oct 3, 2018, 3:38 PM

He had every right to leave after his junior season, like Sammy, Nuk, Gallman, Mike Williams, and Watson did. Nobody ever says those guys weren't "True Tigers."

Kelly knew Trevor's talent and could have left in the spring. We won't know all that was said and done until the 30 for 30 comes out, but for whatever reason he decided to come back. He busted his tail off to get better.

In the season, Kelly was playing great but Trevor was playing even better.

A starting QB has to believe that the coach has his back. Even if he fails, that the coach will trust him to get it on the next drive. Is it fair to bench a starting QB who is playing well and winning and doing everything you want him to do? Not even Saban went that far. (Jalen had lost the Iron Bowl and played poorly in the CFP before getting benched.)

Kelly didn't feel like anyone had his back, so he took advantage of a new rule to transfer. I don't like the rule, and I don't necessarily agree with his decision, but I can't fault him for taking advantage of it. He's a Clemson grad making what he believes is the best decision for his future.

It was messy, and I wish it hadn't ended the way it did, but I think the team is going to be stronger now that the QB controversy is done. Also, we now know that the best use of Trevor's golden arm is probably going to be feeding Etienne and the RBs. That should take a lot of pressure off the freshman.

Oct 3, 2018, 7:31 PM

There is no “I” in TEAM but there is a “Me”! Guess as a retired SFC in the Army I always put my TEAM first. Bryant put himself before his team! I look at it, that he really never cared about Clemson or his Team!!!

Oct 3, 2018, 9:27 PM

Winners never Quit and Quitters never Win.
Good luck KB !

How is Arkansas not on the list????

Oct 3, 2018, 9:36 PM

Chad doing that bad?

Replies: 96
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic