Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A topic for Christians: How we speak about leaders
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 760

A topic for Christians: How we speak about leaders

Mar 2, 2020, 9:51 AM

There is just absolutely no question that the Bible teaches us to speak and act in a respectful way toward those who have authority over us, including government leaders. I'm going to just give you some Bible here...there's not much need for explaining what they say. Name calling and personal insults are direct disobedience to God.

Titus 3:1-2
Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

2 Peter 2:10
But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Romans 13:1 and 7
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God...Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

1 Peter 2:13-14, and 17
Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well...Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

1 Timothy 2:1-2
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

You may say, what if the government leader is an enemy of God, even hates Christians?
Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Paul was a great example of this principle. No one can say they got persecuted more by government leaders than Paul. But every time he was called in front of such a leader, he spoke with the utmost respect and honor. These are leaders who were literally killing Christians.

In this first one, he mouths off to the high priest, but then apologizes when called out.
Acts 23:5
Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.

In front of a governor, Felix, immediately after he had just been completely lied about.
Acts 24:10
Then Paul, after that the governor had beckoned unto him to speak, answered, Forasmuch as I know that thou hast been of many years a judge unto this nation, I do the more cheerfully answer for myself:

A couple of years later, to governor Festus
Acts 25:10
Then said Paul, I stand at Caesar's judgment seat, where I ought to be judged: to the Jews have I done no wrong, as thou very well knowest.

Then, to king Agrippa
Acts 26:2-3
I think myself happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answer for myself this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Jews: Especially because I know thee to be expert in all customs and questions which are among the Jews: wherefore I beseech thee to hear me patiently.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I challenge and exhort you, Christians,

Mar 2, 2020, 9:59 AM

to not give in to the "new normal" of childish name-calling. Make use of the following, and let it be a testimony of grace to those around you.

President Trump
Vice President Pence
Secretary Pompeo
Secretary Clinton
Speaker Pelosi
Senator Schumer
Senator Graham
Senator Scott
Senator McConnell
President Obama
Vice President Biden
Senator Warren
Senator Sanders
Mayor Bloomberg

Re: A topic for Christians: How we speak about leaders

Mar 2, 2020, 10:11 AM

You can buy a female sex slave for yourself or your son. If you don't like her, you can sell her again but not to foreigners.

Exodus 21:8

Didn't realize DJT was so biblical***

Mar 2, 2020, 10:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Mar 2, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: A topic for Christians: How we speak about leaders ]

That's good news.

You're converting to Jewish faith?

Mar 2, 2020, 1:00 PM

I'm not circumcised so that's one reason to not make the move with you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What man buys a wife?

Mar 2, 2020, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: A topic for Christians: How we speak about leaders ]

Just the wealthy. The difference is that instead of getting our money back, now a days they take most of it with them.

I mean, we injuns had this all worked out until you palefaces showed up and learned us how to be civilized. Who's equal now?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How hip and modern they would have been if they had

Mar 2, 2020, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: A topic for Christians: How we speak about leaders ]

allowed abortion on demand too. Man, we are so far ahead of them in our morality!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Mar 2, 2020, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Re: A topic for Christians: How we speak about leaders ]

Prod never wants to confront these biblical references and I wish that he would and explain. I myself as a life long Christian have issues with passages like these......and the other day prod used a leviticus verse....so the ol' "thats the old testament stuff" doesnt apply.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry...

Mar 3, 2020, 6:19 AM

As a personal policy, I do not click on posts by "hotsawce" because in the past, I have experienced that they are not good for me to look at. But because of your reply, I did click on it to see what he said and I see it was a reference to a verse. That verse has absolutely nothing to do with the topic I posted about, but if you want to start a new thread to talk about it, I'll be glad to answer any questions you have.

Re: I'm sorry...

Mar 3, 2020, 4:48 PM

Oh it on your terms. Got it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, your terms.

Mar 4, 2020, 9:29 AM

Your questions, your decision on when to ask them. It's up to you...I'm good either way. Just didn't want to de-rail this thread.

Mar 3, 2020, 6:49 AM [ in reply to Re: A topic for Christians: How we speak about leaders ]

I looked at several different translations and none of them rendered it “sex slave”. They all said “maid servant”. Not sure where he got this version.

Any translation to include that phrase is a blatant and

Mar 3, 2020, 7:37 AM

deliberate misrepresentation of what is actually written. How deliberately misleading it is when one considers that in Exodus 20 we have the 10 Commandments - one of which states, "You shall not commit adultery."

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Any translation to include that phrase is a blatant and

Mar 3, 2020, 7:56 AM

Watching people misrepresent what the Bible says in an effort to paint it in a bad light has actually strengthened my faith over the years.

I have ignore this long enough.

Mar 2, 2020, 1:03 PM

I am convicted and I hereby announce my repentance and am going to try and refrain at least to civility. No promises if Jhop or FBcoach keep trolling me but I promise to try.

Thank ye for reminding me and keep on.

You did correct the multiple ‘slut’ references to Warren last night

Mar 2, 2020, 10:04 PM

So ... progress?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why Man created Separation of Church & State***

Mar 2, 2020, 10:03 PM

Mar 3, 2020, 6:51 AM

Thanks for this. I’ve had trouble the last few months not only respecting the president, but his supporters as well, including a lot of close family and friends.

Maybe it's not even so much about "respecting" someone

Mar 3, 2020, 7:00 AM

as it is exhibiting grace, with your words and actions, towards those whom you do not "respect" on a personal level.

Replies: 19
| visibility 760
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic