Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Mac book pro
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 283

New Mac book pro

Nov 8, 2019, 9:18 AM

Actually, its an older Macbook pro that i bought on Woot!, but its an I7, 16 GB RAM and 512 SSD HDD. Not bad specs, and it will do everything I want. Figured I better get something in case I get, uh seperated from my gig.

Can't decide if I want to put Winders 10 on this on or just leave it native Mac.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i have a chromebook

Nov 8, 2019, 9:31 AM

so theres that

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOO IS THIS GUY????

Nov 8, 2019, 9:39 AM

CAN YOU POST TIDS THEN GTFO???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats all you want?***

Nov 8, 2019, 9:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're simple folk***

Nov 8, 2019, 10:24 AM

How hard is it to put Windows 10 on a Mac?

Nov 8, 2019, 9:34 AM

I can't stand the Mac OS and have considered switching to Windows, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Tat's exactlee why u don't bye a mac to begun wit***

Nov 8, 2019, 9:40 AM

The hardware is superior

Nov 8, 2019, 9:45 AM

The Apple OS kinda blows though, IMO. Windows actually runs better on the Mac hardware than it does on my crappy dell work laptop, that has the same amount of ram and a larger HDD.

If other laptops weren't total POS it might be an option

Nov 8, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Tat's exactlee why u don't bye a mac to begun wit*** ]

I get about 6-7 years out of a MacBook before it really needs to be replaced. My wife, another avid Windows fan, gets about 1.5 years out of her windows laptops. We've had various brands, and they're all pieces of ####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They seem to be so stuck on being the lowest cost, that

Nov 8, 2019, 9:49 AM

they completely miss out on a mid to higher end box that is well built.

I guess I don't understand what you guys are doing to laptop

Nov 8, 2019, 10:06 AM

s for them to crap out every 2 years. The only thing that ever dies on my laptops are batteries. Are yall just saving everything to your desktop instead of a server or something?

On the Dell's I've had, normally the display takes a dump

Nov 8, 2019, 10:10 AM

first. Then, the keyboard. HP's are just a train wreck. The internals don't seem to last on those. The Apple hardware normally weighs less and is easier for traveling. I haven't used dedicated Windows hardware in a long time though..probably since 2008 or so.

Got my wife an HP a couple of years ago when she started

Nov 8, 2019, 10:21 AM

her masters program. I got the cheaper AMD processor since it's light work for what she's using it for.

It still works like a champ, which is surprising because she destroys nearly everything.

We quit using them at work.

Nov 8, 2019, 10:30 AM

The stinkpads actually did pretty well, then they got a cheaper deal on the Dell's..and the blow. They cancelled the contract with HP because they were so bad..but thats been maybe 6 years ago.

All she does is basically surf the internet

Nov 8, 2019, 10:14 AM [ in reply to I guess I don't understand what you guys are doing to laptop ]

Batteries start crapping out, they start running slow AF, the constant updates...my god the updates, the physical computer is cheaply made, etc. Bought one of those ThinkPad Yoga's when they came out thinking the touch screen would be pretty cool. It made it maybe 10 months before it wouldn't work without being plugged in.

She's got a Dell now that seems to run worse every time she uses it. Maybe she's watching a lot of #### or something, I have no idea. All I know is what I see, I've got a MacBook from 2008 that runs better than her brand new Dell.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1 - never buy a stinkpad.

Nov 8, 2019, 10:23 AM

Only laptop I've ever given back to IT and said no ####### way.

2 - I bet if you bought your wife a mac book, she'd have the same issues. You cain't compare wimmens computer use when comparing laptops. Opples and Aranges. Give them a feather and an anvil and they'll destroy the anvil with the feather.

Its really easy.

Nov 8, 2019, 9:44 AM [ in reply to How hard is it to put Windows 10 on a Mac? ]

You have to have the disk space, at least a 16 GB thumb drive and the .iso of the version of Windows you want to put on it, but boot camp really does everything else for you. Make a backup of all your docs, favorites etc before starting though...just in case. I have had to rebuild the Mac OS from the cloud before (years ago), but I'm sure I was either experimenting with it or did something wrong.

I've been on a Mac at work for a yr now.

Nov 8, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to How hard is it to put Windows 10 on a Mac? ]

I like it overall. Certain things are a pain, but it probably doesn't degrade like windows do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T's and P's for your keyboard

Nov 8, 2019, 10:00 AM

I am hangin' on to an old Macbook Pro waiting for the new keyboards, supposedly soon. Butterfly design still has issues, from what I read.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/25/8930531/apple-macbook-butterfly-keyboard-new-design-pro

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah the keyboard is probably the weakest part.

Nov 8, 2019, 10:02 AM

It stays in a bracket 90% of the time and I use a bluetooth keyboard though.

Replies: 19
| visibility 283
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic