Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How good was the LSU team we lost to in the natty?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 6,568

How good was the LSU team we lost to in the natty?

Apr 27, 2020, 1:23 PM

Even their long snapper was drafted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they were good enough!

Apr 27, 2020, 1:32 PM

go tigers! clemson tigers that is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So good they kept a player that used someone else’s urine to pass a PED test***

Apr 27, 2020, 1:36 PM

and had to lawyer up to overturn a 2 year suspension

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They beat Clemson. Gotta' be a pretty darn good club to do

Apr 27, 2020, 2:12 PM

that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Best team money can buy, that's for sure.***

Apr 27, 2020, 2:24 PM

Am just wondering how good a team they can field this.....

Apr 27, 2020, 2:36 PM

next season? Just wondering if they're in a "reload" mode or in a "rebuild" mode not to be heard from again for awhile.

You decide..only team to beat Clemson in 2 years & only team in NCAA history to..

Apr 27, 2020, 2:53 PM

beat 8 teams in same season that were ranked in Top 10.

Saying..a hail of a club that “almost” did to us like we did to Bama year b/4.. but 11 points less.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better than any other team we've played in the last 6 years

Apr 27, 2020, 3:00 PM

At least by the end of the season. I think around week 6 we would've beaten them. By the end of the year they were pretty close to unstoppable.

I think they were really good, but we still had a double dig

Apr 27, 2020, 3:24 PM

digit lead on them. If we had our defensive line from last year it woudl have been a different ending becasue we wouldn't have given up all those points in a row. But thats what great about college football. It changes up every year. I got a feeling they'll get to feel that change this year too.

Re: How good was the LSU team we lost to in the natty?

Apr 27, 2020, 3:27 PM

They were very good but I can’t imagine the word classy being included. It’s like they are trying to make themselves better than others with their mouth instead of actions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Very good but not so good

Apr 27, 2020, 3:28 PM

that Clemson could not have defeated LSU if Dabo hadn't had his head up his ### that night.

I wish I could take that TU back.***

Apr 27, 2020, 4:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish I could take that TU back.***

Apr 28, 2020, 9:57 AM

I took care of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please explain.***

Apr 28, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Very good but not so good ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

3rd quarter, defense was reeling

Apr 30, 2020, 12:34 AM

Run da ball. Play possession offense. ETN was getting good yardage even on obvious running situations.

Trevor was having an off night, it would have made sense to try and beat them up with the running game and stop putting our defense back on the field.

I don’t really think it’s on Dabo. We had an OC that used to have a co-oc helping him call the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yaknow Clemson was 15-0 sixteen months ago, and.......

Apr 27, 2020, 3:54 PM

....the Tigers beat the best team that had ever played up to that time in the SEC by 28 points. So if SECers will concede that the 2018 Clemson team is the second best team of all time, I'll give first place to the 2019 LSU Tigers.

One thing is for certain, the 2019 LSU Tigers were not the first team to go 15-0 in the modern era.

Now, if LSU follows up their 15-0 by going to the CFP and ending up at 14-1 or better the year after their title run, they'll have have something to really talk about.

If you get a chance, point out to LSU fans that they have won 4 Nattys in college football and in two of their championship seasons, they played and beat Clemson for their last win. That will surprise them but it's true. And, btw, that Billy Cannon led LSU team back in 1958 beat our Tigers by a score of 7-0.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yaknow Clemson was 15-0 sixteen months ago, and.......

Apr 27, 2020, 4:52 PM

Harley® said:

....the Tigers beat the best team that had ever played up to that time in the SEC by 28 points. So if SECers will concede that the 2018 Clemson team is the second best team of all time, I'll give first place to the 2019 LSU Tigers.

One thing is for certain, the 2019 LSU Tigers were not the first team to go 15-0 in the modern era.

Now, if LSU follows up their 15-0 by going to the CFP and ending up at 14-1 or better the year after their title run, they'll have have something to really talk about.

If you get a chance, point out to LSU fans that they have won 4 Nattys in college football and in two of their championship seasons, they played and beat Clemson for their last win. That will surprise them but it's true. And, btw, that Billy Cannon led LSU team back in 1958 beat our Tigers by a score of 7-0.

This LSU fan was at the first two Clem-LSU games.

On 1/1/59 Frank's team put up a great fight. Winning TD was on a HB pass by Billy Cannon.

That LSU team began a 5 year stretch in which LSU gave up less than 5 pts/game.

Clemson can talk when they go 11-1 vs Top Ten teams like LSU just did.

LSU claims GOAT by having beat 7 Top Ten Teams in one season, no team has ever come close to that (2 better than somebody did in the 40s maybe?).

Clemson '18 was indeed a great team, no doubt. How many Top Ten teams did they beat?

Apr 27, 2020, 7:15 PM

They would have beat this years LSU team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

psybj.......

Apr 28, 2020, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Yaknow Clemson was 15-0 sixteen months ago, and....... ]

You are and should be proud of your 2019, undefeated LSU National Champions. I salute that team.

I hope you follow up your win by going back to the CFP the year after your big win and making it to the final game.

FWIW, when Clemson won the Natty following the 2018 year we did it by beating two undefeated teams by a combined score of 74-19, for a margin of victory in the CFP of 53 points.

LSU did not play two undefeated teams and despite all the 'Best Collegiate Team Ever' talk, you won your two games 105-53, for a margin of victory in the CFP of 52 points.

Have you ever noticed that every year the best team coming out of the SEC is called the 'best team ever'? Everyone else has noticed it.

Good luck getting back to the CFP. It was nice to see someone other than Bama for a change. What's the LSU record versus the Tide over the last 10 years or so? I think you won once, right?

For what it's worth, btw, our two teams are 1-1 in the last two games we've played. And I've never visited an LSU site to talk about how good I think we have been the last five years.

Cheers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 28, 2020, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Yaknow Clemson was 15-0 sixteen months ago, and....... ]

As many as were on our schedule.

Apr 28, 2020, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Yaknow Clemson was 15-0 sixteen months ago, and....... ]

Hey when did y'all start chanting sttdb ...year?

Apr 27, 2020, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Yaknow Clemson was 15-0 sixteen months ago, and....... ]

are LSU fans surprised at their highly suspicious yet absolute crutch of needing to play in New Orleans in order to win that last game for a Championship?

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 27, 2020, 6:14 PM

are LSU fans surprised at their highly suspicious yet absolute crutch of needing to play in New Orleans in order to win that last game for a Championship?

As Jeaux said, we'll play anybody on a gravel lot in Canada.

Play the game where it's scheduled. No excuses. LSU beat 5 of the AP Final Top Ten away from home. This LSU team had never played in the Superdome before.

Apr 27, 2020, 6:16 PM

By the way, how many teams did you beat on a gravel lot in Canada? Hmm? I guessing you have beaten zero teams on a gravel lot in Canada. ZERO. The ultimate result in futility. All it really does is prove the point.

But I take it by your response that no, corndogs are not surprised at all. The 1958 team didn't play in the Superdome either. I'm not sure what the Superdome has to do with anything. And I'm not sure what other games during the season have to do with anything. I was just pointing out that final games for a Championship for the LSU Tigers, have come from no where else but NOLA. But I'm sure you, like all LSU fans, knew the 1958 game against Clemson was also in the friendly, and obviously very necessary, confines of New Orleans.

Don't be ashamed of the juju. Embrace the juju. And look forward to the next time the CFP Championship is in New Orleans.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

LSU was not even the most dominant team in recent SEC history

Apr 27, 2020, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Yaknow Clemson was 15-0 sixteen months ago, and....... ]

much less the GOAT. Just because the AP gave you some over ranked teams to play doesn’t change that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

more numbers

Apr 28, 2020, 9:23 AM

LSU lost 20 players from this squad, SRs and JRs that declared for the draft.

Every one of the 20 has been drafted or signed a NFL contract.

Of the 14 drafted, 9 had degrees, 2 had Masters degrees, 7 were JRs (had eligibility left).

Re: LSU was not even the most dominant team in recent SEC history

Apr 28, 2020, 9:34 AM [ in reply to LSU was not even the most dominant team in recent SEC history ]

much less the GOAT. Just because the AP gave you some over ranked teams to play doesn’t change that.

Overrated by AP? NFL overrates them too?

Draftees (1st round) by Conference:

SEC: 63 (15)
Big Ten: 48 (5)
Pac-12: 32 (3)
ACC: 27 (3)
Big 12: 21 (5)
AAC: 17
Conference USA: 10
Mountain West: 10 (1)
Independent: 9
Sun Belt: 7
Colonial: 2
MAC: 2
Missouri Valley: 2
Division II: 2
Ohio Valley: 1
Pioneer: 1
Division III: 1

Re: LSU was not even the most dominant team in recent SEC history

Apr 28, 2020, 10:04 AM

You aren’t the most annoying poster, but you are definitely annoying.

Apr 29, 2020, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Yaknow Clemson was 15-0 sixteen months ago, and....... ]

And they won all 4 nattys in New Orleans 75 miles from home.

Apr 28, 2020, 11:45 PM

well, they just had 14 kids drafted and you could legitimately argue their two best players (Chase & Stingley) were not on that list.

It was certainly their year, although I'd sure love to see '18 Clemson v. '19 LSU. Now, that would be a football game worth watching

Apr 29, 2020, 12:08 AM

Amen.

Cue psycho pb&j to rationalize why cornschlong would have killed them....

Apr 29, 2020, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: How good was the LSU team we lost to in the natty? ]

parsdog said:

well, they just had 14 kids drafted and you could legitimately argue their two best players (Chase & Stingley) were not on that list.

It was certainly their year, although I'd sure love to see '18 Clemson v. '19 LSU. Now, that would be a football game worth watching

Yes it would be a great game.

LSU can't claim to have the best team ever, there is no way to compare, but LSU '19 has more Top Ten skins on the wall than anybody ever.

Replies: 31
| visibility 6,568
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic