Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How good do you think FSU is?....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

How good do you think FSU is?....

Sep 24, 2012, 4:25 PM

They're obviously better than previous years. But you guys did hang 37 points on them, and you led for much of the game, even by double-digits at times.

I think teams like LSU & Alabama play much better defense. If FSU steamrolls the rest of their schedule, I could see them in an MNC game with Bama, and they'd get manhandled by a much tougher team. And I wouldn't be stunned if Florida beat them at the end of the year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think they could run the table imo.***

Sep 24, 2012, 4:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i think they could run the table imo.***

Sep 24, 2012, 4:35 PM

They have 2 games left on their schedule. a BYE week before playing at VT. And UF at home.

Nobody will put up as many points on them as we did.
VT is pretty bad this year.
Having UF at home could be a blessing. They aren't bad, but aren't anywhere close to unbeatable.

If FSU's offense stays healthy, I agree.

I think Florida plays them in Doak and I would not bet on

Sep 24, 2012, 4:27 PM

the Gators if it is at night. FSU is good. We will see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it all depends..

Sep 24, 2012, 4:28 PM

i will be curious to see how they fair against floridas defense.

Re: How good do you think FSU is?....

Sep 24, 2012, 4:31 PM

They're go undefeated in the regular season. Florida is the only team that has a slight chance against them. No team in college football would have won against them at home last Saturday night.

You really think that? Wow...

Sep 24, 2012, 4:32 PM

I know their offense looks great. But I could see a Bama defense just suffocating them.

ya, but their D would suffucate Bama's offense as well

Sep 24, 2012, 4:35 PM

The only reason Bama scores a lot is b/c of their D and the million shots the offense gets.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all won at the LOS...

Sep 24, 2012, 4:39 PM

And I don't think any program is close to Bama right now along the line of scrimmage, except LSU. I think Bama would push them around and smashmouth FSU to death.

I guess I'm just having a hard time seeing a team that gave up 37 points as being a great team. They're a great offense. But their defense is lacking something. Defense wins championships.

did you see the lsu/auburn game?

Sep 24, 2012, 4:49 PM

lsu has no offense, our d could hold'em to 14 pts. or less!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm talking about Bama mostly, not LSU...

Sep 24, 2012, 4:53 PM

I know LSU stunk it up with Auburn. I saw enough of that game to see what happened. But Bama & LSU are the strongest across the LOS.

How do you think FSU matches up with Alabama? I think it would be something like 24-10 or 24-7.

Re: You really think that? Wow...

Sep 24, 2012, 4:36 PM [ in reply to You really think that? Wow... ]

Bama's D may have an answer for them, but they don't have an offensive answer for FSUs D.

I'm thinking they just run right at FSU...

Sep 24, 2012, 4:46 PM

And then play-action off of that. McCarron is a very good quarterback. And they have a power running game with physical backs. Their OL gets the job done. I think they could physically handle FSU myself, and it would be a mismatch along the lines.

The way the schedule lays out, I could easily see FSU/Alabammer in the MNC game. Bama has a one-game season from here on out, and that's LSU. Then, they either play UGA/UF/SC in the SEC title game, and probably win easily.

Sep 24, 2012, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: How good do you think FSU is?.... ]

I think Florida State is better than LSU. Alabama would have to run the ball effectively to beat them. No way they can pass the ball on that defense.

Sep 24, 2012, 4:31 PM

I think FSU is pretty good,top ten good but I also think they will lose this season hopefuly 2 ACC games.

Sep 24, 2012, 5:26 PM

I agree completely. I think FSU will lose to another ACC team and hopefully 2. To the person that said no team in the nation could've beat FSU on Saturday, that is wishful thinking but very far from the truth. If we would have kept the pedal to the metal we would've won easily. In typical Clemson fashion we jumped all over FSU and got complacent and let them come back. FSU had to go on a 35-3 run to pull out the win and they would have never done that if we had not given the game away. At some point when you are winning by a large margin you have to start running the ball instead of 3 and out pass plays that give the defense no rest and leaves the clock intact. You can't tell me that if Ellington ran on 1st and 2nd down we wouldn't have a manageable 3rd and short in most series'. It would be different if your pass plays were working but if they start to figure out your passing offense run Andre down their throat. Plain and simple. Our coaches made the decision to let FSU win and there is no way around it. They chose to let our defense get no rest and they chose to give FSU the ball repeatedly. There was no balance to the offense and FSU knew Boyd was going to pass most of the time so they bumrushed him and we see how Boyd does when rushed repeatedly. I mean come on a 35-3 run for FSU says it all. Clemson does not know how to make adjustments and Venables doesn't seem any better than Steele when it comes to defense. How hard is it to figure out that if they are running the ball most of the time to load the freaking box and make them earn first downs rather than give them 50yd runs (Much like the GT game last year). Hell our special teams looked pathetic the second half. Give FSU credit for doing their job but they would have never come back from that deficit if we had a half a defense. I didn't expect for us to win the NC this year but I hoped we may come close and I thought for sure we would improve on last year but that is almost out of the question now considering FSU won't be challenged by any other ACC teams unless NC State plays them like they play us. We still have a slim chance but we would have to run the table and hope NC State, GT, VT or even Miami can beat FSU and that is within reason considering FSU has had as much talent on the field as anyone the last decade but still found ways to lose. Lets hope that trend continues. I probably sound harsh but it is the truth. I believe we were the better team but the best team doesn't always win. I wanted to see us improve this year especially with Ellington back but if we are going to give games away we won't improve and that is exactly what happened. We handed FSU the win and a #4 ranking on a silver platter rather than finishing the job.

SHANE SAID IT ALL...

Sep 24, 2012, 6:24 PM

I agree with every point Shane made. Running Andre on 1st & 2nd would have made a HUGE difference in the game and we could quite possibility have pulled it out. With 3rd and short we have many options and the D is resting. Three & out never works well. I think Chad already sees the error of that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Top 5***

Sep 24, 2012, 5:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Our D is pretty bad so...

Sep 24, 2012, 5:19 PM

I wouldn't give them too much credit for all the points their O scored. Their D is better than our D while our O is better than theirs.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU doesn't face this good of an offense again this year

Sep 24, 2012, 5:21 PM

Clemson is a top 5 offense and maybe top 3.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best team of all time.

Sep 24, 2012, 5:32 PM

Better than Bama this season and better than Florida with Tebow and Leak. Our offense of course is the second best of all time. FSU would possibly win 5 games in the NFL and they would start 5-0 until Manuel got injured. Unstoppable. WOO HOO WOO HOO HOO HOO

I'll believe they're back when they go 11-1 or 10-2

Sep 24, 2012, 6:01 PM

They haven't lost less than 4 games since 2004 when they went to the Gator Bowl and they haven't lost less than 3 games since 2000, the year after they won the national championship. This isn't your Daddy's ACC anymore.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic