Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How funny is it that tnet blasted Louisville and fsu for whining about refs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,691

How funny is it that tnet blasted Louisville and fsu for whining about refs

Nov 13, 2016, 10:10 AM

and now tnet is doing the exact same thing. Didn't most of tnet think it was ridiculous when Louisville made a connection to clemson with the guy who ref'ed the game between us, but now tnet is going crazy with conspiracy theories because the ref went to USuCk? Am I on crazy pills or did I just imagine reading that stuff about Louisville and fsu?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a difference between complaining about close calls

Nov 13, 2016, 10:16 AM

And complaining about 14 points off phantom calls. A big difference. Phantom speaks to intent - not just bad judgment.

Re: There is a difference between complaining about close calls

Nov 13, 2016, 10:19 AM

Rarely does a guy holding the yard marker cause a well prepared team to lose!

Such was the case in the Louisville situation.

Whatever, we should've won that game even

Nov 13, 2016, 10:21 AM [ in reply to There is a difference between complaining about close calls ]

with the officiating. The #2 team in the country at home should have never been in position to let the refs affect the outcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Whatever, we should've won that game even

Nov 13, 2016, 10:24 AM

> with the officiating. The #2 team in the country at
> home should have never been in position to let the
> refs affect the outcome.

> with the officiating. The #2 team in the country at
> home should have never been in position to let the
> refs affect the outcome.

This exactly.

Re: Whatever, we should've won that game even

Nov 13, 2016, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Whatever, we should've won that game even ]

Bingo.

Something about the refs giving Pitt second and third

Nov 13, 2016, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Whatever, we should've won that game even ]

chances to get points (14 total) and causing our D to stay on the field so that they were worn out at the end of the game. I realize that we may not have "deserved" to win because of the lack of a running game, some bad defensive scheme, and the 3 picks by DW4, but the refs should not impact the result of a game. They have "one job" and that is to eliminate an advantage for one team that is not following the established rules. What they are doing more and more (not just to Clemson) is to change the outcome of the game with their calls or no-calls.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something about the refs giving Pitt second and third

Nov 13, 2016, 1:00 PM

> chances to get points (14 total) and causing our D to
> stay on the field so that they were worn out at the
> end of the game. I realize that we may not have
> "deserved" to win because of the lack of a running
> game, some bad defensive scheme, and the 3 picks by
> DW4, but the refs should not impact the result of a
> game. They have "one job" and that is to eliminate
> an advantage for one team that is not following the
> established rules. What they are doing more and more
> (not just to Clemson) is to change the outcome of the
> game with their calls or no-calls.

I have no issue with what you've said - probably some truth in there....

My larger issue is, where were we at the front-end of the game?

We weren't stopping their offense, and our offense wasn't walking over them. They were keeping pace with us throughout the game.

Being a #2 at home vs. an unranked team, we should never have let ourselves get in that position.

That fact, and this loss, is on us.

Only losers blame refs.

Totally agree

Nov 13, 2016, 10:21 AM

Losers blame refs. Period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Totally agree

Nov 13, 2016, 10:23 AM

An interesting statistic from the Pitt game. In the Panthers’ final four touchdown drives, Clemson was called for either holding or pass inference on all four drives after Clemson made critical stops on third down. All four penalties could be deemed questionable and in a couple of cases they were.

Agree with that too

Nov 13, 2016, 10:26 AM

Refs sucked...I am not defending them

My point is that the refs did not cause our turnovers, the refs did not call the plays, and the refs did not keep us from gaining one freaking yard on two attempts

They did us no favors, but we lost the game

Did you even watch the game?***

Nov 13, 2016, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Totally agree ]

yes...from the stands

Nov 13, 2016, 10:27 AM

Why do you ask?

Re: Totally agree amen!***

Nov 13, 2016, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Totally agree ]

ALL IN!!

They were not bang bang calls they were phantom calls***

Nov 13, 2016, 10:22 AM

I will agree with you IF

Nov 13, 2016, 10:25 AM

you can show me even incidental contact between K'von and the Pitt receiver on the bullshite holding call.

You can't. And it just so happens the ref is a coot. Never should have been calling our game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I will agree with you IF

Nov 13, 2016, 11:10 AM

As I remember it they whined about referees but the fact is the refs where horrible on both sides! Their bad calls were questionable! Our bad calls against Pitt were fabricated!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our coaches didn't get on TV and cry and moan like

Nov 13, 2016, 10:28 AM

little b!ctches. And most posters aren't blaming our loss on idiot refs. We had our chances. I think most of us can agree with Louserville & FSWho. Refereeing sucks big time this year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our coaches didn't get on TV and cry and moan like

Nov 13, 2016, 10:32 AM

We should have not been in a position to allow bad calls to affect the outcome of the game but there were several at key moments in the game. Most of the flags came late also which me me even more suspicious.

I remember back in my days as a student, coach Howard refused to let a particular referee work a game at Clemson..things have changed I guess

Re: How funny is it that tnet blasted Louisville and fsu for whining about refs

Nov 13, 2016, 10:34 AM

Didn't know he was a coot...now I'm even more pizzed.

Refresh our memories....how many different board names

Nov 13, 2016, 10:38 AM

have used???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate when people talk about "TNet" like it is one person.

Nov 13, 2016, 11:16 AM

It is thousands and thousands of people.

Many people are saying we controlled our destiny and didn't take care of business.

Some are giving Pitt their due.

MOST are pointing out what just about every objective person watching thought, and that's that the officials had a really bad game.

And a few are whining and taking it too far.

null

It's frustration.

Nov 13, 2016, 12:31 PM

Did the officiating have a large part to do with our loss? It surely did. Should it have? No, most emphatically no.

Did the play calling have a large part to do with our loss? It surely did. Should it have? No, most emphatically no.

Did the interceptions...?

Did the lack of preparedness on the defense....?

Etc, etc. There are a number of reasons we lost the game, and dang, Pitt was one of them. It's very easy to get frustrated when you're not playing on a level playing field, and we weren't. At double-digit moments in the game, we could have assured that the officiating didn't matter. That's on us, and I think everyone knows and accepts that. But seriously, with the poor officiating disease that seems to be running rampant, credibility should be above reproach. It ain't, and so a Pitt win and Clemson loss has at least some shadow on it, and that just shouldn't be.

Why does it keep coming up? 'Cause we're frustrated.

Still handling it a lot better than ol' Jimbo. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 1:14 PM

I know I'm biased but the calls against FSU and Louisville appeared correct to me. FSU Block was outside the box below the waist and Boulware had Jackson under the arm with arm across the neck. The call last week on Boulevard and Unsportsmanslike tackle call were BS along with the Wallace PI. Also they didn't call the stiff arm to facemask on key Pitt run. There are a lot of PI calls that go both ways but these other bad calls added up. Yes, we had chances to put the game away and didn't.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2016, 1:16 PM

Boulevard = Boulware in autocorrect

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louis and FSU's complaints were illegitimate

Nov 13, 2016, 1:20 PM

because anyone watching those games would see bad calls all over the field. We got screwed as much and often as they did.

This week, from what I could see, Pitt got screwed on one call (PI on 3rd and 26) we got screwed about 5 times.
Pitt converted more 3rd downs by penalty(4) than by plays(3)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,691
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic