Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How does UGA get the #1 class in the Nation...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

How does UGA get the #1 class in the Nation...

Dec 21, 2017, 8:53 AM

....& hasn't done squat the last few years. Hmmm, just makes you wonder what Kirby learned from Saban.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

name alone gets them top 10, early playing time, SEC east

Dec 21, 2017, 8:57 AM

is absolutely horrible as well

But do they have a Chik-Fil-A?

Dec 27, 2017, 4:35 PM

That would explain it...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia always recruits well.

Dec 21, 2017, 9:00 AM

Lots of football talent in GA and a lot of those kids grow up Dawg fans. They’re performing well this year gives the talent a reason to stay and play in Georgia.

Re: Georgia always recruits well.

Dec 21, 2017, 9:08 AM

Agree with 7spots. Don't be like the coots who see trickery and deceit with every good recruiting class your rivals have. Some programs have the tradition and ability to bring in good recruits. Georgia is a name program, and like him or not, Smart must be a good recruiter. They've had a lot of good classes, just haven't turned the corner on the field until this year. That doesn't mean they cheat - that's what everybody accuses us of just because we have a winning program.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia always recruits well.

Dec 21, 2017, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Georgia always recruits well. ]

^^^^^^^^^

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Church of athens***

Dec 21, 2017, 9:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: How does UGA get the #1 class in the Nation...

Dec 21, 2017, 9:13 AM

They're a huge program with a new coach, who just went 11-1 and won the ACC while finishing the regular season #3 in the country. What do you mean they "haven't done squat" the last few years?

Dec 21, 2017, 9:16 AM

I think that was reference to the years prior.... although they were 10 win almost every year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Dec 21, 2017, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: How does UGA get the #1 class in the Nation... ]

I think that you hit on an important point with it being a new coaching staff. Can't say that I was excited about Hatfield, but I remember being excited every other time a new coach came in. I imagine that Kirby pushed the point that the recruits could be the ones that built something at Georgia, rather than maintain something for someone else. Simply ask the kid, "Do you want to be a janitor or an engineer?" Dabo had a pretty good year selling success, himself. So now that most of the sides are picked for 2018, let's go play some more football.

UGA Won the ACC??? Then what did Clemson win?***

Dec 27, 2017, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: How does UGA get the #1 class in the Nation... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: How does UGA get the #1 class in the Nation... ]

Well dang!! No wonder. They are in the ACC now

Dec 21, 2017, 9:19 AM

Yeah, wouldn't use the word cheat at all because of what's been pointed out. They have done well and for now, Smart is the new shinny toy they haven't had in 12+ yrs.

But mostly imo this was perfect year for them - everyone in their league they compete with is in turmoil, Tennessee and Florida would have cut into that class in most years and then throw in Fla St. this year as well and it sort of opened the door for uga.

Plus, I'll add (again imo) not a very strict policy for rules either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2017, 9:23 AM

They also have 30+ seniors.

Dec 21, 2017, 9:24 AM

by having 25 to sign and the in State talent mostly stayed home. It remains to be seen if we can hold off tOSU and Texas but top 3 would be great for us. CKS ran Bamas recruiting for years. He hired some great recruiters and winning the SEC east early built the momentum. I think winning the SEC later on made the difference in a couple of close races. Throw in Dell McGhee and Sam Pittman and you get what you get.

Agreed $am Pittman $$$$$

Dec 21, 2017, 9:32 AM

Ha$ been getting recruit$ for year$.

Been doing it $nice Arkan$a$, Tenne$$ee, and the Tarhole$. KIrby $mart picked a $uper one. $$$$$$$

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 21, 2017, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: How does UGA get the #1 class in the Nation... ]

Winning the $EC east is not hard to do these days. Winning it early wasn't that hard. We've seen how Kirby can do with Richt's players. Will see how he does with his own after guys like Chubb, Michel, and 6 defensive starters leave next year. Would love to see a Clemson Georgia national championship game. Would be epic. Strength on strength.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 12:30 PM

> Winning the $EC east is not hard to do these days.
> Winning it early wasn't that hard. We've seen how
> Kirby can do with Richt's players. Will see how he
> does with his own after guys like Chubb, Michel, and
> 6 defensive starters leave next year. Would love to
> see a Clemson Georgia national championship game.
> Would be epic. Strength on strength.

Now mind you that Kirby had to come into Athens and totally reprogram Richt's players. To have success everyone must buy-in to the new coaches philosophies and that rarely happens the first year.... so the growing pains were obvious last season. Now it's apparent that everyone's on the same page in year two wouldn't it? Kirby's last two classes (totally his) finished # 3 and # 1....... I like his odds to succeed.

Richt's players......allow me to clarify.

In Richt's last two classes at UGA (2014/2015) 13 are designated "starters." Seven from the 2014 class and six from 2015. (But remember Smart gets some credit for part of the 2015 class for signing Godwin and Smith, both starters.)

Richt's last two classes consisted of 50 players and only 31 remain on the team. Of those 31 I counted only 16 players in the two-deep.

So of the 13 starters only 11 can truly be identified as Richt's players.....which only further cements Kirby Smart as a coach that knows what he's doing.

Lastly UGA isn't as "Old" as you think.

Seriously? Georgia has always been a recruiting powerhouse.

Dec 21, 2017, 9:36 AM

They have had 8 top 10 classes in the last decade, with the worst year coming in at #12. The have a tremendous football tradition and history, tremendous emphasis on football, great college town, and they happen to be THE big football school in a state that is absolutely loaded with high school football talent. Georgia is a "shingle school"; hire any decent coach, hang his "shingle" on the door, the recruits come-a-running, and start winning. Now, I'm not saying that Kirby and company aren't involved in shady dealings, I would not put it past them, but shady dealings are not necessary to explain their recruiting success.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Shhhhhh

Dec 21, 2017, 10:04 AM

This is a message board. People don't want the truth. ...tnet can't handle it.

You wanna know the truth

Dec 21, 2017, 10:35 AM

"You can't handle the truth." Direct quote from Jack

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing for certain

Dec 21, 2017, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Shhhhhh ]

Dabo and his staff MUST continue to place a heavy interest in recruiting the state of Georgia. That is where the talent is and our program would not be where it is without the Georgia players we have had in the past. We will miss on many since UGA is having success and will be able to take players that we can’t but we must continue to get the big time guys like Lawrence and Watson. In the future, I look for the coaches to expand our recruiting into the state of Texas where many D 1 players are located.

The better ques is why haven't all classes for Uga beem this good.

Dec 27, 2017, 12:44 PM

Look at the footprint. Theu kept kids home, that simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The state of Georgia is loaded with talent and their only

Dec 27, 2017, 1:06 PM

in-state competition runs a HS offense with a coach that's about as charismatic as the desk my computer is sitting on. Their only local competition is Clemson and Auburn and both are still doing it from out of state. A lot of these kids grow up Georgia fans.

Richt wasn't landing the #1 class in the country, but he was consistently in the 5-10 range, and that's still good enough to win national titles. Kirby has taken it a level higher, but it's not like he had a long ways to go on the recruiting front.

Dec 27, 2017, 4:09 PM

Not over yet!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic