Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How does NCAA say it's OK for Notre Dame women's bball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,013

How does NCAA say it's OK for Notre Dame women's bball

Apr 23, 2018, 7:59 AM

player to get paid to be on "Dancing With the Stars", but last year, said a football player couldn't make money from a website he was running. The girl is totally capitalizing on her notoriety of hitting 2 buzzer beaters to lead ND to the NCAA basketball championship. The football player's business venture had nothing to do with his athletic skills.

It sounds like they are pandering to women's sports, letting her do it just to bring more publicity to NCAA women's basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How does NCAA say it's OK for Notre Dame women's bball

Apr 23, 2018, 8:06 AM

Are you sure she’s getting paid?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you? ..oops thought you wrote laid***

Apr 23, 2018, 8:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 23, 2018, 8:10 AM

longtallsam ---- Always remember, there is no logical reasoning behind any decision rendered by the NCAA. The recent UNC scandal is an excellent example of this mind set.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2018, 8:10 AM

She is a senior and will have graduated before DWTS starts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Pretty sure she is not a senior and planning to play next year

Apr 23, 2018, 11:23 AM

And she is getting paid, even if it is nothing but free dance lessons! Which I doubt! She is capitalizing on her athletic ability, and the football player was not.

If it were Jalen Hurts wanting to be on the show, he would not be allowed! It is just the NCAA bending over backwards to promote women's sports. Which is fine, but don't be stopping male athletes from having the same opportunity!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty sure she is not a senior and planning to play next year

Apr 23, 2018, 11:38 AM

Like Deshaun Watson hosting paid camps once the eligibility is gone you can do that or if you’ve declared you’ve voided your remaining eligibility

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because ND has a deal with NBC?

Apr 23, 2018, 8:35 AM

Oh wait, that show is on ABC. I wouldn't know, I don't watch that ####.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Now I see the connection! ABC...Espin. Espin loves womens

Apr 23, 2018, 11:47 AM

sports and will do anything to drum up viewers for those sports.

Apr 23, 2018, 11:36 AM

From what I've read she will only be able to win prize money, which is due to her "abilities or improvement in dancing."

The NCAA only cares about them making money off their likeness, which was probably the issue with the football player, not their athletic ability.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She would not be on the show,if not for her athletic ability

Apr 23, 2018, 11:59 AM

She is 100% capitalizing on the notoriety she gained in the NCAA tourney! And how did they rule against the football player having a You Tube channel? That had nothing to do with "profiting from his likeness!"
The NCAA is so hypocritical!!

Of course the YouTube channel profited from his likeness

Apr 23, 2018, 12:08 PM

If Trevor Lawrence started a YouTube channel today, how many Clemson fans do you think would sub? How many would sub if he was just some guy that nobody had ever heard of?

she is not profiting from her likeness- she can only win the

Apr 23, 2018, 12:41 PM [ in reply to She would not be on the show,if not for her athletic ability ]

prize $ based on ability. Think of it more of the college football player that signs and plays pro baseball.

Not disputing that, and I can agree with the analogy of

Apr 23, 2018, 3:02 PM

a football player, playing pro baseball without losing his eligibility. Again I ask, why was the football player declared ineligible for running a YouTube channel? He was profiting from his media skills, not his "likeness".

My point is, it is obviously a double standard!

Re: Not disputing that, and I can agree with the analogy of

Apr 23, 2018, 3:11 PM

He was declared ineligible because he didn't agree to the compromise the NCAA suggested, which was to not collect revenue from videos related to athletics, but he still could have profited off of non-athletic videos.

So really the NCAA gave him a pass to make money, just not on one genre of video and he declined the offer. Therefore, the school suspended him to avoid conflict with the NCAA (as a compliance office should), and that was that.

Good on the kid for standing up for what he felt was right, but the big bad NCAA didn't completely shut him down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,013
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic