Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Security-Part II
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Security-Part II

Apr 17, 2013, 1:09 PM

Security-Part II

Security Part-II
Yesterday I wrote a blog about my thoughts on security at Clemson sporting events in the wake of the Boston marathon tragedy from Monday. The blog created more responses through comments, emails, texts and personal conversations than most previous blogs.

On Friday I wil

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not think you get it.

Apr 17, 2013, 2:02 PM

The objective here is preventing a terrorist attack at a sporting event. IMO, discontinuing the pass-out policy would not even begin to lessen that threat, but it would create an inconvenience for many who attend the games. Why inconvenience many if that inconvenience is not going to make us that much safer?

He gets it; he just disagrees with your opinion***

Apr 17, 2013, 2:11 PM

Not sure what kind of fan would not come to a game if they

Apr 17, 2013, 2:50 PM [ in reply to I do not think you get it. ]

were not allowed to leave at halftime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure what kind of fan would not come to a game if they

Apr 17, 2013, 3:13 PM

Half of the coot fans used to leave by halftime - it was their one tradition. The differnce is... they never came back in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many fans with small kids, or older fans

Apr 18, 2013, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Not sure what kind of fan would not come to a game if they ]

when kids get hot and tired it's an easy way to get them to a place to sit in the shade and play and not disrupt the fans around them. I like it for that reason. I did it when my were little and I like it better now when those small kids of other fans start to cry and whine from the heat.

Older fans, when you get older and still enjoy coming to the games, you'll know at times you just have to get out of the crowd and heat. When you cool off or feel better you can go back in.

You want know that or how it is until you're older and have health conditions.

Those fans should not be forced to sit in the heat or not be able to come back in. They should not be looked down upon for it also.

Obviously, they're not "real" fans then...***

Apr 18, 2013, 3:09 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure what kind of fan would not come to a game if they

Apr 18, 2013, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Not sure what kind of fan would not come to a game if they ]

it is NOT LEAVING the game!! it is going outside for a while to relax and get away..most times I do not even get a drink)other than water)IMHO Clemson is doing them selves much harm with eliminating all the parking places and not this..my wife simply will not come if she can nolt go outside @ the half!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you stop someone from throwing a bomb over the

Apr 18, 2013, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I do not think you get it. ]

fense at the top of the hill, you can't.

Passouts, have no effect on that or anyone else who really wants to plant a bomb.

Mickey is off his rocker once again. He speaks without thinking again.

Why do people continue to listen to his show and his USC friends he bring on the show.

You don't use the pass-out system so you don't care about it

Apr 17, 2013, 3:18 PM

but you aren't willing to budge on the parking situation? Sounds like an argument of convenience to you...The danger posed by the ability to park an SUV within spitting distance of the stadium seems like a better place to hide and detonate something that trying to walk back in the stadium...But since the parking situation would directly affect you, you are more concerned about something that you rarely use...I park at the Madren Center on Gamedays and I have to exit the stadium to enjoy a cigarette, so, I say pass-out policy fine, lets change the parking situation in the name of safety!

rut roh raggy.***

Apr 18, 2013, 12:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like hey man...he was using the attack to forward his own

Apr 18, 2013, 3:02 PM

agenda man...The real reason he wants to ban pass-outs is they affect the 3rd quarter attendance Scoob...

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Security-Part II

Apr 17, 2013, 3:24 PM

don't really care since I don't leave at halftime but you should undergo the same kind of check anytime you enter or re-enter the stadium. What irks me is people quoting the "founding Fathers" as if they were God. I'm pretty sure Ben Franklin didn't have pass-outs to football games in mind when he was expounding on liberty.

I don't know what gate you use, but at Gate 9, I get

Apr 17, 2013, 3:39 PM

searched ALOT more thoroughly at halftime than I do at the start of a game...And I exit to smoke a cigarette at the top of the steps, in full view of the officers the entire 10 minutes I am out there... I get a TSA style shakedown at least 5 games a year, by the same 2 Fifes...

Re: I don't know what gate you use, but at Gate 9, I get

Apr 17, 2013, 3:50 PM

Sounds like they're sweet on you.

> searched ALOT more thoroughly at halftime than I do
> at the start of a game...And I exit to smoke a
> cigarette at the top of the steps, in full view of
> the officers the entire 10 minutes I am out there...
> I get a TSA style shakedown at least 5 games a year,
> by the same 2 Fifes...

I made a similar comment, they were not amused...***

Apr 17, 2013, 4:12 PM

Apr 17, 2013, 3:54 PM

Plyler is wrong when he says football is the only sport that allows this. People go in and out of baseball games all the time. Heck, the only reason most of the students even come to baseball games is so they can go back and forth to the parking lot to drink beer.

Basketball has passouts too...***

Apr 17, 2013, 4:13 PM

Apr 17, 2013, 3:56 PM

Security at all Clemson events is minimal compared to what you see at some schools. Go to a baseball game and Chapel Hill sometime and you will see what real security is like.

Mickey other ACC schools have pass outs

Apr 17, 2013, 4:04 PM

I have left and returned at Wake and Duke during the past 5-6 years. Also ever other sporting event at Clemson has the pass out opportunity make sure to have the correct facts. Security is a joke at all Clemson events when you come into the stadium fix that issue and we will be more secure not by taking away passouts from a football game

Security

Apr 17, 2013, 4:09 PM

is more of an issue at Clemson cause most of the time we are not using true law enforcement for ALL areas...we are using rent-a-cops that are either on "power trips" or just plain "lazy"......

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer Mackey. You would love the Perry Correctional

Apr 17, 2013, 7:05 PM

intramural softball games. Very safe and secure and no pass-outs.

Hope this tip helps.

Apparently, he only goes to Clemson Football games, as he is

Apr 17, 2013, 7:08 PM

unfamiliar with the re-entry policy at OTHER Clemson sporting events...

Apr 17, 2013, 7:47 PM

According to sources, the "Committee to Control the Fans", commonly referred to as CCF, discussed needing to instill fear in the Clemson fanbase in order to accomplish its ultimate goal. They have dreamed of it for years. Some sorces close to CCF have even implied that CCF believes the ends justify the means in order to "start a conversation" when necessary. I hope that is not the case. We are all Tigers, right? I always believed even the CCF can't be that sociopathic right?...Others close to the sitation hinted that CCF is just not letting a good crisis go to waste? You know...what a great opportunity to "start a conversation" about "crowd control" Afterall, they do know whats best for us fans and their intentions are purely noble. .....Mickey, your reaction to the event in Boston is human. However, its predictable and dangerous and therein lies the greatest threat to individual liberty.

I don't understand why pass outs are dangerous

Apr 17, 2013, 7:57 PM

Why would a would be terrorist enter the stadium before the game leave at halftime and re enter with explosives at halftime. Would he/she not just enter at the start with the stuff?

^^^Dumb Question

Apr 17, 2013, 9:05 PM

Dont you understand the terrorist would spend all of their money on a bomb and therefore could not afford afford a ticket.

On a serious note... If we could sell beer in the stadium, no one would want to leave at half... and we would make more $$$ for the university.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD***

Apr 17, 2013, 11:11 PM [ in reply to I don't understand why pass outs are dangerous ]

ding ding ding..his point is invalidated cause no terrorist

Apr 18, 2013, 8:24 AM [ in reply to I don't understand why pass outs are dangerous ]

would ever go to the game in the first place. They would just show up either at the start middle or end, but they wouldnt show up until they would be ready for the attack so the oass out policy becomes invalid

so now are you going to carry the point to if you dont show

Apr 18, 2013, 8:26 AM

up by the second quarter and you have a ticket you can no longer enter at all

Re: You don't use the pass-out system so you don't care about it

Apr 17, 2013, 9:10 PM

Like I said yesterday about the parking situation verse someone with a backpack. Think about what would be easier to pull off. Parking a truck and walking away or trying to get a backpack into the stadium. Think about what would cause more death and destruction. The people that do these things USUALLY go for "soft targets." They know that if they walk through this gate with a backpack, it will be searched. They will either get caught or have to detonate it there. The terrorist wants to cause the most damage that he can. Walking a small device through the gate does not make sense unless it is some sort of biological agent (if they had something like that, they would look for an indoor stadium.) So, the area that poses the most danger to everyone would be the arae that you said you were not willing discuss. I think (it has been a while since I have done any threat assessments) that if you had a threat assessment done, you would be surprised how far down "pass-out" would be. If you are truly concerned for the safety of the Clemson family, work on getting the parking lots moved away from natural choke points and away from the stadium.

But that would directly effect Mickey, that is where he

Apr 17, 2013, 11:13 PM

draws the line apparently...

Apr 18, 2013, 7:21 AM

Absolute Nonsense! How can having a fraction of the fans re-entering the stadium be less secure than the packed and jostling crowds trying to enter before the game? The security upon re-entering is far more enhanced simply because the numbers are smaller. I've been to virtually every home game since the late 70's, and the only times I have ever been checked is when re-entering, simply because security is more able to focus their eyes on the individual rather than the thousands trying to get their ticket scanned before the game. Mikey, the fact is your arguement is bogus, and in reality argues for a system that would cause staggered arrival times, perhaps by seating, so that the crowds would be less upon first entry. (Or whatever system you can devise.)

Apr 18, 2013, 10:51 AM

Mickey and Roy both hate the pass out and are using this to try to get it taken away. Mickey has no clue what happens at half when coming back in at half time.

Shame on both of you for using the this to fit your crying ### agenda.

Yep...That's it in a nutshell...***

Apr 18, 2013, 3:04 PM

If you cant go to the game without going out at half time

Apr 18, 2013, 11:51 AM

you seriously need to get a freaking life.

If you need to worry about what other people do at DV, maybe

Apr 18, 2013, 3:05 PM

you need to take your own advice...

Apr 18, 2013, 12:35 PM

Mickey, you do realize that your opinion is solely one of preference and convenience, right? BTW, I have no problem with that, just don't try to sell it as a safety first thing.

You're willing to part ways with leaving at halftime because it is not important TO YOU. You aren't willing to part ways with the tailgating aspect of it, which obviously poses just as big of a safety threat, because it is more important TO YOU.

Does he have another opinion?***

Apr 18, 2013, 3:06 PM

Apr 18, 2013, 12:36 PM

You make it sound like once you go through security at an airport you're not allowed to leave that area until your flight leaves and that is just not true. The reason most people don't leave the secured area is that they know they will have to wait in line to go through the security check. I have never been to an airport where you are not allowed to leave the gate area and a lot of times I do, especially when making a connect because I have to go outside to smoke.

Apr 18, 2013, 1:42 PM

I beleive a terrorist would have better luck planting a bomb in one of the portojohns in one of the major parking lots. Maybe we should have a guard at each of them.

Apr 18, 2013, 2:09 PM

I used to deliver pizzas to the stadium during the game for Papa John's (2005-2006 or so). They'd let us drive our cars right into the stadium near the locker rooms under the west zone. No security ever checked my car for anything. Can't imagine they let that happen anymore. But just being able to get a car near the stadium is a security issue. Putting physical barriers on game days, with access points for emergency vehicles would make sense.

But that wouldn't help 3rd quarter attendance, so Meekey

Apr 18, 2013, 3:08 PM

isn't interested...

Apr 18, 2013, 10:55 PM

I really do like Mickey and a lot of what he says is of value. But Mickey is against beer drinking and I love a half time cold one. Don't
Force us to buy a $4 coke in crowded lines. Also, for those that pay $ high dollar for a spot should be rewarded with the ability to come and go. It is not safer to trap everyone in the gates.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic