Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I told you guys Black people were voting more for Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 415

I told you guys Black people were voting more for Trump

Nov 5, 2020, 3:52 PM

more than ever before.

Welcome to the party of Lincoln.

https://news.yahoo.com/exit-poll-black-men-drifted-204522278.html
https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/hm_dpxc7KwGgO2eodGCudw--~B/aD0xNTgxO3c9MjUwMDtzbT0xO2FwcGlkPXl0YWNoeW9u/https://media.zenfs.com/en-US/nbc_news_diverse_167/1906f147503dd4487b56f569a0065659">

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow and your boy is still gonna lose?

Nov 5, 2020, 3:55 PM

Has to sting.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've stated many times that I don't like Trump

Nov 5, 2020, 4:02 PM

I just hate the left wing wackos more. There is no doubt that my businesses will take a hit with the new taxes and regulations, but as long as we have a Republican Senate it won't be too bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow and your boy is still gonna lose?

Nov 5, 2020, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Wow and your boy is still gonna lose? ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Racism is real, change only matters when whites need votes.***

Nov 5, 2020, 5:00 PM

Re: I told you guys Black people were voting more for Trump

Nov 5, 2020, 4:06 PM

I would believe there would definitely be a shift down from Obama, but keep in mind that exit polling is not including mail-in ballots, only early in-person voting and election day, and we can see how those absentees are mostly skewing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you shift slightly in record numbers?***

Nov 5, 2020, 4:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well since the 60's when the pandering started

Nov 5, 2020, 4:52 PM

Gee, I wonder what happened in 1964

Nov 5, 2020, 7:17 PM

Must have been the pandering. /eyeroll

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is definitely a better, more information and engaging

Nov 5, 2020, 4:59 PM

discussion on my buddy book's page about this because...well, there are Black people discussing.

Anyway, it started with an accusation of it being and example of toxic masculinity. the someone pointed out that that Trump's support from black democratic women increased as well. So maybe there it's just a sign of disenfranchised with the democratic party in general. The folks I know that don't care for the dems voted 3rd party though, not for Trump...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

also, the premis of getting back to work after the pandemic

Nov 5, 2020, 5:01 PM

A lot of Black people are in affected industries, so perhaps they saw a more immediate and direct impact on their livelihood at stake.

Could have been a white guy telling them they ain't black.

Nov 5, 2020, 5:02 PM [ in reply to There is definitely a better, more information and engaging ]

That didn't sit well with my wife at all.

naw. originated with a Black guy calling out folk

Nov 5, 2020, 5:10 PM

and resulted in him having a thoughtful discussion with another friend that maybe voted for Trump, but didn't say it outright. I don't know. Here is some of the exchange. I think it's a good read. Better than most of the back and forth I see on fb these days anyway.

OP -Thinking further about this issue, I want to explore a broader discussion around this phenomenon. Toxic masculinity is not the only thing going on here, especially among non-black communities. Some folks may simply be voting out of (albeit misguided) self-interest about getting back to work in the midst of COVID. Others, might feel disenfranchised by the Dem party. Others might not be aligned ideologically to liberal values or otherwise may believe themselves immune from American racism and xenophobia. And others still might simply not be very well informed about the issues they are voting on.
Dems are a variegated bunch. And we need to understand how (and if) to best engage these various communities.

Responder- I "potentially" disagree with all of your perspective here respectfully. You could very well be that many people could not bring themselves to vote for this particular Democratic ticket to because of how absolutely horrendous it was in many people's viewpoints. All of the Democratic talking points surrounding these possibilities without ever taking into account peoples stated reasons has become somewhat nauseating.

Black women's Trump support doubled. Is that also being considered toxic masculinity? What about the male and female Latino vote? The Native American vote........is everyone now toxic, or have many come to their own realization that voting is an exchange and not a gift, therefore politicians have to offer the voters something for their votes.......which Trump did and Biden has not?

Good discussion.....thanks for sharing.

Nov 5, 2020, 5:38 PM

I gotta say, I'm not gonna go weep or anything, but I still can't help but find the term "toxic masculinity" to just be incredibly insulting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 415
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic