Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leggett is gonna pull a Bowden
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Leggett is gonna pull a Bowden

May 15, 2015, 9:08 PM

Save his job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LBU ain't gonna like this.***

May 15, 2015, 9:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

nope.. especially if

May 15, 2015, 9:31 PM

there's no nekkid sailors involved

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

LBU screamed at me when I questioned what "pulling a Bowden"

May 15, 2015, 9:36 PM

meant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

When you "Pulled a Bowden" is that what made his lip

May 18, 2015, 12:44 AM

quiver?

Asking for bob

null

Yep. Pull out the template for the TB contract extension.

May 15, 2015, 9:19 PM

Probably learned nothing from those years.

Anyone that thinks a HOF coach is going to be fired after

May 15, 2015, 9:20 PM

one mediocre season is nuts. Even if it happened it would ensure we never attract another decent coach.

You may want him fired but it's not going to happen.

Re: Anyone that thinks a HOF coach is going to be fired after

May 15, 2015, 9:22 PM

So jl has had just one mediocre season iyo?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2015, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Anyone that thinks a HOF coach is going to be fired after ]

One mediocre season huh? Go home...your drunk

please let us know...

May 15, 2015, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Anyone that thinks a HOF coach is going to be fired after ]

how the last, say 4 seasons have been.

FYI...

me·di·o·cre
?m?d???k?r/
adjective
adjective: mediocre

of only moderate quality; not very good.

We've gone to the regionals - while below Clemson standards

May 15, 2015, 9:29 PM

most do not consider it mediocre. I am not happy either and wish he would retire but if we fire him we are going to have a VERY hard time finding a decent coach. I hope DRad is encouraging him to retire - if not, to at least replace Pep.

Re: We've gone to the regionals - while below Clemson standards

May 15, 2015, 10:40 PM

You just proved the point. the last 4 years, Clemson has played in a regional as well as 63 other teams each year. We don't host anymore and for the last several years have not made it to a super regional. When JL was at CWS several years ago...the kids were in the dugout eating ice creams during the game. JL also left his BEST pitcher in the bullpen and Josh Cripp never pitched an inning at a CWS. JL was saving him for the next game even though we had already lost 1 game. Pretty sure you can not get to the next without winning that day's game. He needs to go

May 15, 2015, 10:51 PM

Crying about the ice cream things sounds like someone is letting coots get under his skin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2015, 2:42 AM

1. 1st time I've ever heard the ice cream thing...but I'm like who cares? Big deal....

2. Eating ice cream in dugout goes against every thing you will hear against Leggett's personality. My guess - that was his attempt to keep the players loose. Always heard he was too high strung.....especially on game day.

3. He's not meeting the standards that were set by him and his predecessor.

4. It's likely that soon keeping him will be more costly than firing him, if we haven't already gotten to that point. ....

nope...

May 17, 2015, 3:25 AM [ in reply to Re: We've gone to the regionals - while below Clemson standards ]

it means that the players did not really have an interest in the game and JL was not doing anything about it...running to the concession stand all during the game. If you had watched the CWS, the camera kept showing it and making fun of it

Ice creme gate - We need an official tigernet story***

May 17, 2015, 5:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nope...

May 17, 2015, 8:07 PM [ in reply to nope... ]

I don't know, I was at the games during our last CWS so I couldn't let some ESPN commentator get my panties in a twist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2015, 12:37 AM

the commentators did not bother me at all. Just seeing that it was allowed by JL in the middle of an extremely important game was my problem.

May 18, 2015, 1:55 AM

If you're talking about 2002 the ice cream thing was after the game and you've definitely let gamecock trash talk get the better of you.

May 19, 2015, 3:42 AM

3 players were eating ice cream in the dug out DURING the coot game at CWS..not after the game.

I am referring to the 2002 game.

Why would the coot trash be getting to me if what I am stating is the truth?

Tigernet went ballistic when it was shown on tv. It was not just me that saw it.

In the 2006 game, Josh Cribb was 9-0 for the season and 2nd team AA and never threw a pitch at the cws. JL used 5 pitchers in that last game....and never used Cribb. But he did use him just 5 games earlier. Now that is a JL move

May 19, 2015, 6:41 AM

I was busy during the 2002 CWS and while I tried to watch what I could, I don't have much recollection of them. It's part of why I promised myself I would and did go to the 2006 and 2010 CWS. So, I'm only going to say that until after 2010 I had never once heard reference to the ice cream incident. If you google any combination of Jack Leggett, Clemson, Ice Cream, and CWS - other than articles about ice cream made in Clemson, all you are going to find is articles from Gamecock message boards making fun of Clemson for eating ice cream. On occasion, when asked to explain those jokes, across a variety of Gamecock sites it makes reference to out team eating ice cream at Zestos after the game while they were still playing. Even if it still happened it seems like an incredibly minor thing. As for the pitching, I don't know. Sorry you've spent 13 years stewing about it and convincing yourself a world class coach and dedicated Clemson man is somehow terrible. He made 3 CWS in a 9 year span at that point - ridiculous to contend that he's a bad coach but not admit it's mostly about losing to USC. He's ultimately having his 950+ career games at Clemson judged on four games because if he had beaten Carolina in 2002 and 2010, even if he went on to get trounced in a championship, almost no one would have any complaints. And letting four games defines a 22 year career is stupid.

Btw - The Loss to Fullerton was a 7th inning comeback. While it's easy to second guess in hindsight, Jack's choices for starting pitching in the two losses gave up 5 runs combined.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

May 19, 2015, 8:41 AM

This^^^^^^^

May 19, 2015, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: nope... ]

look, not trying to start anything, but I AM NOT lying about the ice cream incident in 2002 IN the dugout DURING the game. I see you did not join Tigernet until 07. Maybe that is why you did not see the uproar about it. But it was heated.

Sure, I didn't like losing to the coots, but that is NOT the only reason I think jack should go.

you must be using the gamecock definition of mediocre****

May 15, 2015, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Anyone that thinks a HOF coach is going to be fired after ]

May 15, 2015, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Anyone that thinks a HOF coach is going to be fired after ]

Jack took over an elite program. You think Bama football fans would be happy with "just going to a bowl game" every year?

J has defined mediocrity within an elite program.

May 15, 2015, 9:59 PM

You are a fool

been more than one mediocre season...

May 15, 2015, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Anyone that thinks a HOF coach is going to be fired after ]

But if I was AD, I wouldn't fire him after this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about another year and sign tony Robbins as

May 15, 2015, 10:24 PM

an inspirational coach? We might not win, but we will feel good about our effort.

May 17, 2015, 4:21 AM [ in reply to Anyone that thinks a HOF coach is going to be fired after ]

I have been a Leggett supporter for awhile now, but last year my patience was wearing thin and I think I am now fully aboard the "Fire Leggett" bandwagon. The thing is with the kind of talent we have had recently we should be accomplishing so much more. Just look back at the 2011 roster. How that group didn't win the championship is beyond me. I don't really think it's that unlikely we could find a new coach that we would be better off with. JL has done great things but his time has passed.

I don't like JL's tactics either. Sac bunting in every opportunity we get even with good hitters. The sac bunting to advance runners at first and second with one out to get them to second and third makes me sick.

May 17, 2015, 8:05 PM

If you're complaining about sac bunting you really haven't watched much this year.

How do you call this season mediocre? FSU sweep!!!!

May 17, 2015, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Anyone that thinks a HOF coach is going to be fired after ]

How bout you get behind this team instead of labeling these kids as mediocre. They've put a lot more into this season than you have. I'd only bring out the mediocre word once we reach the 10-20 level. Anything better than that is Coach Leggett exceeding expectations.

Re: How do you call this season mediocre? FSU sweep!!!!

May 19, 2015, 8:06 AM

lol so one series to end the year erases all terrible games previously

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 19, 2015, 10:14 AM

If we win an ACC title, NCAA regional, Super Regional, or National Title will it erase all those terrible games? Which one is enough? I guess we should bow out now since we can't stop it from being a mediocre season. We beat USC, UNC and FSU in the same season and swept FSU in Tallahassee for the first time in the history of our program. That's a pretty good season even if a depleted bullpen barfed up a few too many midweek games. You realize if they don't rain out the third Duke game we could potentially have been tied for 3rd in the ACC - terrible! And that is a good excuse to point out since it something entirely out of our control that has disadvantaged us against the rest of the conference. I'm sure Carolina fans secretly cry about losing so badly to Clemson in the regular season in 2010 or about losing to Francis Marion in 2011. No solace for those teams. Inexcusable.

May 19, 2015, 12:20 PM

When was the last time Clemson lost 25 games in one season? Need I say More?

HOF post

May 19, 2015, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Re: How do you call this season mediocre? FSU sweep!!!! ]

Keep it up.

He's gonna interview with Arkansas to get a raise and...

May 17, 2015, 8:00 AM

contract extension then fall flat on his face next year. How about the get fired and sit on his ### because no body wants a punk who can't coach around their team?

That doesn't sound like something Jack could pull off to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leggett is gonna pull a Bowden

May 17, 2015, 6:56 PM

I already said this morning ! but nobody commented on !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leggett is gonna pull a Bowden

May 17, 2015, 7:35 PM

He already beat the coots

This thread has legs***

May 19, 2015, 10:21 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic