Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do we stop gun violence?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

How do we stop gun violence?

May 18, 2018, 1:54 PM

Let me start off by saying that I personally own multiple guns. Guns aren't the problem, people are. Now that we've gotten that outta the way, how do we fix this. My first opinion and might I say opinion is a ban on assault riffles. They serve no purpose other than killing lots of people quickly. I would also offer that maybe we should hold adults responsible. If a weapon that you own, is used in a shooting by an individual under the age of 18, you go to jail. Maybe, just maybe, this would encourage reasonable gun owners to keep their guns adequately under lock and key. I'm certain I'll draw lots of criticism, but we need to start the conversation somewhere other than just hoping that it goes away.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wrong board

May 18, 2018, 1:54 PM

posting on the football board is a good start

Re: wrong board

May 18, 2018, 1:56 PM

Like I said the conversation has to start somewhere

That somewhere is NOT here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: wrong board

May 18, 2018, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: wrong board ]

Then it can start here: https://www.tigernet.com/forum/Politics--Religion-97

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

+1,000,000***

May 18, 2018, 1:56 PM [ in reply to wrong board ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every school shooter's been on mood-altering drugs.

How about stop "treating" the symptoms and start treating the cause?

Re: Every school shooter's been on mood-altering drugs.

May 18, 2018, 2:34 PM

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!!!!!!!

And this one was no different***

May 18, 2018, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Every school shooter's been on mood-altering drugs. ]

Re: How do we stop gun violence?

May 18, 2018, 2:03 PM

Swift and brutal punishment. You kill somebody, you die before sunset. Town people beat, kick, and spit on the killer on the way to the courthouse lawn. Then a rope and a tall tree to end it. Show it on national TV for everyone to see. People will start straightening themselves up pretty quick.

May 18, 2018, 2:06 PM

Arm the students and thoughts and prayers.

May 18, 2018, 2:10 PM

I agree with ""SWIFT PUNISHMENT"" ___ none of these shooters gets the punishment they deserved -- all they get is, great TV coverage,free lawyer,free drugs,then free room & board the rest of their lives**

Life in jail probably ends up miserable.

May 18, 2018, 2:18 PM

It's not swift, but maybe it is long and miserable.

May 18, 2018, 2:07 PM

So you are saying if a kid under 18 steals or takes your gun out of a secure location.
The gun owner should go to jail also.

Yes. It's a sound plan.***

May 18, 2018, 2:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

it works 60% of the time, all the time. check the stats***

May 18, 2018, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: How do we stop gun violence? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: it works 60% of the time, all the time. check the stats***

May 18, 2018, 2:24 PM

50% of me believes you, 50% makes think your stats are off, the other 50% doesn't know what to believe.

May 18, 2018, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: How do we stop gun violence? ]

It' just a suggestion. I'm thinking out loud I guess. Depends on what you consider a safe location. Out of a safe. They shouldn't have a key. I'm really just curious what others think. I can't imagine getting a call that a shooting occurred at the local high school and my child isn't coming home. I really believe everyday citizens need to talk because when congee fixes this nobody will like it.

We can quit trying to legislate more laws onto

May 18, 2018, 2:22 PM

already law abiding citizens. We can also stop making it an agenda to attack the 2A and not really care about solving the real problem. We can also stop giving the school shooters the 15 minutes of attention their crazy aces are looking for. We can waste billions of dollars on gov't parties and junkets, send billions to Iran on a plane, but we can't find the funds to secure our schools from the inside out? (and yes, this will mean more weapons, sorry)
This BS will quit happening when the first idiot is shot down on the school steps before he gets in. The crazy folks will look for another soft target.
But that's just my opinion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: We can quit trying to legislate more laws onto

May 18, 2018, 3:43 PM

Well that happened just this week.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/05/16/us/illinois-dixon-high-school-shooting/index.html

May 18, 2018, 2:23 PM

Wrong board

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2018, 2:32 PM

Gun violence is not the fault of the guns. "Start the conversation somewhere" is a liberal point of view. NRA is not the problem.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

handing over assault rifles

May 18, 2018, 2:32 PM

wont curb violence. The kid in TX also had explosive devices made with pressure cookers. We also don't know what type of gun he used. You can't get on the ban assault weapon bandwagon when you don't have all the facts.

majority of gun related deaths are from handguns btw.

Re: handing over assault rifles

My understanding is he had a shotgun. I was really just offering an opinion of the use of assault riffles not that it was used today

as stated below

May 18, 2018, 2:39 PM [ in reply to handing over assault rifles ]

Assault rifles are already illegal. I got on a soap box. the main thing I was trying to get across is that people want to ban AR-15's based on how they look. and that we don't even know what type of gun he used yet.

Assault rifles are illegal. AR-15s are not assault rifles, they are semi automatic rifles and most are chambered in .223/5.56 which is a .22 caliber round. There is no need not to have one or two. Guns are to protect yourself from a tyrannical government. The military shouldn’t be able to outgun us because they could over throw us and start a dictatorship. AR-15s wouldn’t be used by the military because they are not fully automatic or select fire.

May 18, 2018, 2:36 PM

I'm not Anti gun. It doesn't matter what weapon that you have. You can stand up against the fire power of our military

The societal addiction to social media and violent....

video games is part of the problem.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not buying that

May 18, 2018, 2:40 PM

I played doom, duke nukem, call of duty, grand theft auto, etc etc and Im not a psychotic killer.

May 18, 2018, 2:35 PM

Put the Rod back in parents hands without the threat of going to jail. Kids these days has no fear of doing wrong. And kids without the fear of punishment take guns to school and shoot everybody in sight. When I went to school, the very last thing that I would have ever done, was to take my parents fire arms to school bc the fear of what my dad and mom would have done was more than enough to keep me from thinking about shooting someone or putting my hands on one of the guns. I would have got my butt whipped for a month over something like that. The fear of Punishment is what kept me straight as a kid, and it's a parents duty to put that fear in their kids until they were being thrown in jail for whipping their kids butts!!! Spare the Rod and let our kids become kid killers in the schools!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SMH

May 18, 2018, 2:47 PM

I love it when some jackwagon says "Let me preface by saying I own guys. Now lets ban ar-15's" That tells me right off the bat you have no clue ### youre talking about.

Secondly, at this point, there is absolutely no excuse not to have armed security at all schools.

Re: SMH

May 18, 2018, 2:53 PM

its not personal. It's an opinion. You have yours and I'm untitled to mine.

Re: SMH

May 18, 2018, 3:20 PM [ in reply to SMH ]

He owns "guys"....that tells me everything I need to know about the OP.

May 18, 2018, 3:03 PM

1. Ban killing machines. We can have a public discussion to decide what guns are worse than others and the "lol you know nothing about guns so you can't discuss this" crowd can sit down. These are the same morons who argued on here a few weeks ago that a .22 and .223 are basically the same thing because the numbers are so close. There's a reason these shootings aren't pulled off with squirrel guns.

2. Increase access to mental health care from adolescence. Schools must be able to get any child identified as having mental issues into care. Currently, such care must come from local funds and there is no money to take care of them all. Provide federal grants to every state.

3. Reform the way we design schools. There should be only one door for the public and it should enter the office, not a hallway.

4. While an armed LEO apparently didn't help today, we still need them in every school.

May 18, 2018, 4:21 PM

Then they build bombs, they master the sword, they poison the lunch room food. Until we put the fear of punishment for doing wrong at an early age back into today's kids, they become of control kids without fear of anything that consist in the way of punishment that scares the H&ll out of them, what happen today and before today is what happens, and it will continue to happen!!! All of you that are 40 and over, did you fear what your mom and dad would have done for bothering the fire arms in your home. I sure as H&LL did, and it wouldn't have been pretty either. If my brother and I would have just touched my dads guns, he would have whipped the pants off of us. The thought of that fear made everybody safe from my brother and myself bc we couldn't have been talked into or paid to touch any of my dads guns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2018, 4:49 PM

Why hasn't that happened in countries with gun control?

Building bombs is difficult. A mass knife attack usually takes a group and strategic planning,especially to actually kill a lot of people. Poisoning the lunch room food takes a lot of effort and knowledge.

Unloading a gun is easy.

rethink hipaa***

May 18, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: How do we stop gun violence? ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2018, 4:02 PM

Permanently ? Shoot all humans dead .

Ideally ? Enact stricter gun regulations nationwide and enforce them fairly .

Tacitly ? Make sure WE all love people , and all people love US .

Logically ? Teach peoples not to shoot other peoples .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The reality is we will do nothing...

May 18, 2018, 4:08 PM

When we didn't do anything after Sandy Hook that was the moment it was clear no meaningful change was ever going to happen.

We just have to hope our "thoughts and prayers" actually somehow turn into tangible results...

Oh crap, scary "assault" gun grabbers aren't gonna like this

May 18, 2018, 4:36 PM

"the gunman used two weapons in the attack, a shotgun and .38 revolver"

Tell your children NO as often as necessary...That's a BIG

May 18, 2018, 4:37 PM

part of it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell your children NO as often as necessary...That's a BIG

May 18, 2018, 8:50 PM

Lol.

Daddy can I go to the potty? No, you little sh*t. You'll thank me when you don't shoot up a school someday.

If only

May 19, 2018, 9:20 AM

your Dad got a beej instead of you being conceived...

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Americans embrace gun violence. Killing one another is part

May 18, 2018, 8:38 PM

Of our culture.

Gang violence, mass shootings, wars based on false pretenses... dead bodies even children to young adults are as familiar as the sun setting.

Grab a beer and watch the ball game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic