Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok, I'm going to say it, and flame away if you must, but CM
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Ok, I'm going to say it, and flame away if you must, but CM

Sep 3, 2014, 9:17 AM

acts like a little cry baby when he loses. He never takes real responsibility for anything. When have we ever heard him say that he's called a bad game? I know, I know, he did say "maybe we were a bit conservative." Maybe heII, man up and admit you stunk it up, again. Althogh he'll be the first to always throw the blame to his players. You know what, he does act a lot like the old ball sack. That's pathetic.

That's a shame and I like the guy, I really do, but I wish his nuts would hurry up and drop so he could start coaching with some. Especially when he gets inside his own 20's. Like I posted yesterday. He's the Tajh Boyd of coaches. When he's on, LOOK OUT, but whe he's not, we're in big, big, big trouble. But the one major difference, even if it wasn't his fault, Tajh would man up and take the responsibility. Morris can't be bothered with such trivial things....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok, I'm going to say it, and flame away if you must, but CM

Sep 3, 2014, 9:21 AM

". . .I like the guy, I really do . . ."

I wonder what you would say if you disliked him?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol, I probably wouldn't care at that point, it's kind of

Sep 3, 2014, 9:24 AM

like the whole tough love thing I guess. I like Morris a lot and I think he has a great offensive mind and is a great fit for our university. That's why I want to see him succeed..

Come on man, ADJUSTMENTS... Saturday was like Kevin Steele coach offense....

What were the "adjustments" that Coach Morris did not

Sep 3, 2014, 9:31 AM

make?

I'm not a football coach and I haven't watched the game sober, so I didn't notice the fine detail of what we were doing. It just seemed to me we were never really effective running the ball - serviceable to keep them somewhat honest in the first half, but not a threat to make a play in the running game, which they adjusted to in the second half, along with our poor field position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some are saying he should have thrown some quick slants

Sep 3, 2014, 9:41 AM

when the LB'ers were closing in. Maybe utilized the TE's more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Some are saying he should have thrown some quick slants

Sep 3, 2014, 9:42 AM

Utilize the TE's more?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, should have said "at least once"***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DING, DING DING, DING, DING, DING, DING

Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 AM

Tell him what he's won hartins!!!!!

I mean, we talking about high school adjustments, not college adjustments, high school adjustments could have made a difference here.

I even think I saw a slant pass over the middle in a middle school game I was forced to watch last week..

So, Pruitt left the quick slants open for the taking?

Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Some are saying he should have thrown some quick slants ]

His cornerbacks weren't adjusting to an inside leverage to prevent that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His LB's were collapsing to the LOS with their ears pinned

Sep 3, 2014, 9:47 AM

back...

Re: His LB's were collapsing to the LOS with their ears pinned

Sep 3, 2014, 10:08 AM

That really is the time to go to the TE across the middle or a quick throw to them anywhere, really. Very effective way to punish an aggressive D, especially when they bring the pressure. JMO

I said "SOME are saying", not me. So in your opinion, there

Sep 3, 2014, 9:47 AM [ in reply to So, Pruitt left the quick slants open for the taking? ]

was absolutely nothing we could do to counter the blitzes? Just bend over and take it like a man?

So, you don't really know what was happening, you're

Sep 3, 2014, 10:44 AM

just assuming there was a different play/protection that could have been called?

I just don't want to guess or make stuff up if I don't really know.

What i do know***

Sep 3, 2014, 11:01 AM

On our 1st possession of the 2nd half , our 1st two plays were screens to humphries .

You don't have an answer for my question I see...***

Sep 3, 2014, 11:25 AM [ in reply to So, you don't really know what was happening, you're ]

Yes I did, but you did not answer mine.

Sep 3, 2014, 11:41 AM

But that's ok. I understand why.

I didn't see your answer so I'll ask again. In your opinion,

Sep 3, 2014, 11:48 AM

there was absolutely nothing we could have done to counter the blitzes?

A "yes" or "no" would be appropriate.

Repost of answer.

Sep 3, 2014, 11:51 AM

"I just don't want to guess or make stuff up if I don't really know. "

Your turn.

I wasn't able to pay close attention to the fourth quarter

Sep 3, 2014, 12:00 PM

because we had dinner guests, so I was merely answering the question with what I had read on here previously.

Since I do not intend to go back and break down game tape on the fourth quarter, I'm merely asking if there wasn't something we could have done to gain more than 15 yards in an entire half.

Based on his salary compared to his peers, Chad Morris would have to be considered one of the best OC's in college football. And yet he couldn't come up with more than 15 yards? Quite puzzling.

But since you seem to enjoy arguing just for the sake of arguing, carry on.

Re: I wasn't able to pay close attention to the fourth quarter

Sep 3, 2014, 12:03 PM

Have ewe not rewatched the game yet??

Smh still shaking it...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. I thought the same thing about you.

Sep 3, 2014, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I wasn't able to pay close attention to the fourth quarter ]

I wasn't looking to argue, but when someone says we should have thrown quick slants(which many have suggested), a logical follow-up question would be to ask, were the quick slants open or did a good defensive coordinator take that away knowing that would be the logical offensive response to what they were doing.

As I mentioned, I haven't rewatched the game, so I can't say with certainty that Coach Morris did not in fact try different things, we just couldn't execute consistently enough.

Re: LOL. I thought the same thing about you.

Sep 3, 2014, 1:17 PM

If the quick slants weren't open (LB dropping into coverage) and DE's were pass rushing, surely the screens were money right? ;)

Re: So, Pruitt left the quick slants open for the taking?

Sep 3, 2014, 9:54 AM [ in reply to So, Pruitt left the quick slants open for the taking? ]

Did he leave that run up the middle open for the taking?

Options

Sep 3, 2014, 9:58 AM [ in reply to So, Pruitt left the quick slants open for the taking? ]

never ran a buck sweep which forces the Safety or OLB to modify his positioning and coverage.
roll the pocket; move the QB outside the OT's to allow for run, pass and change the dynamics of the blitzes, which were mainly in the A gap.
go to max protection with TE & RB. We failed to provide enough bodies to protect the QB so all we could do is throw the quick WR screen or short dig route. neither were effective at getting more than two yards as they were in press coverage.
try a flee-flicker if needed; just try to break the spell we were under.

Our OL simply got manhandled and there is not a ton one can do at that point but you have to try something. If you didn't sense UGA was about to break open the game late in the 3Q, you were really drinking heavily. As a coach, you sometimes have to see past the trees to the forest and recognize the situation. We needed to flip the field, get some confidence and slow down the pass rush. We didn't make a good effort (in my view) at any of those.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drag a TE across the middle of the field

Sep 3, 2014, 10:18 AM

Where the LBs used to be. There are several options to get LBs off the LOS. Literally. Ask Danny Ford.

Re: What were the "adjustments" that Coach Morris did not

Sep 3, 2014, 9:52 AM [ in reply to What were the "adjustments" that Coach Morris did not ]

Some of us think that even though we were in bad field position, he should have gone to the tight ends when the running game failed time after time. we got what--maybe -15 yards in the entire 2nd half? Threw to tight end twice the entire game?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or how bout one time, JUST ONE TIME that screen pass

Sep 3, 2014, 9:58 AM

you throw to the sidelines, (to Adam Humphries it seems now none the less, should be Tay Scott, but that's another argument for another time) how about just once pump faking that and throwing it over the top for a sprinting Mike Williams or GHop to go get?? Just throw it out there and let them run under it.

HeII by this point I think UGA had both safeties lining up in a 3 point stance at the LOS....

Why is CM calling in a QB draw play on 3rd and 10+ yds

Sep 3, 2014, 2:13 PM [ in reply to What were the "adjustments" that Coach Morris did not ]

he tends to do that a lot.

what did you want him to adjust? We moved the ball at will

Sep 3, 2014, 11:15 AM [ in reply to lol, I probably wouldn't care at that point, it's kind of ]

in the first half. IN the third quarter, we had wretched field position. By the time the fourth quarter rolled around, it wasn't like he was gonna start drawing up stuff in the sand.

Re: what did you want him to adjust? We moved the ball at will

Sep 3, 2014, 1:20 PM

so bad field position is all it takes to stop an Offense? Somebody should have told Chad and Boyd that the many time they've driven the entire field.

^^^ i like this guy.***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:21 AM

ClemsonMike's a good, ole boy...a diehard Tiger through

Sep 3, 2014, 9:31 AM

and through...and my good Buddy.

He doesn't bark much, but when he does, it's kind of like when GWP gets mad at Bob for "borrowing" his pantyhose. lol

hartins, thank you my friend..

Sep 3, 2014, 9:35 AM

Even if I was likened to pantyhose..

SMH this helps..

Mike, don't get too close to Hartins. He'll turn on you in

Sep 3, 2014, 9:38 AM

a minute when he's all liquored up.

I'm more worried about york... He's the one who said this

Sep 3, 2014, 9:39 AM

was a hard one for him...

J/K Yorkie, I appreciate the thoughtful response and I'm right there with you..

Re: I'm more worried about york... He's the one who said this***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:41 AM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

BUUUURRRPPPP......Wut?***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Mike, don't get too close to Hartins. He'll turn on you in ]

I would never liken you to pantyhose...but I would and did

Sep 3, 2014, 9:38 AM [ in reply to hartins, thank you my friend.. ]

so to GWP, being the little whiney type that he is!

Haven't conversed with you in a while. Good to chat with you!

Careful, he may resemble that comment..

Sep 3, 2014, 9:42 AM

Nice to chat with you too my friend. It's football season so I will usually stay on here 98% of my time at work instead of my normal 93% so I usually post a little more.

Have a nice drink by the water for me today as I'm stuck in this stuffy office.. And remember always a simple T-Male away.

LOL....Excellent with those % thingys.***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:46 AM

Misspelled "her"***

Sep 3, 2014, 10:02 AM [ in reply to I would never liken you to pantyhose...but I would and did ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good morning to another great pal! I was almost afraid

to say something about - her. But my sense of prickly devilry got the best of me. lol

She is a big girl and can handle it.***

Sep 3, 2014, 10:11 AM

So you question whether there were really 31 missed

Sep 3, 2014, 9:24 AM

assigments? That's a bunch. Whether his play calling was conservative or off the charts wild, how do you overcome that problem, especially when Pruitt had is D in full QB pursuit mode?

For the record I think at some point, when it was clear the tide had shifted and points were going up like an odometer in a race, there was little to lose by stopping the conservative calls. At least give the offense a chance to stop the numbing 3 and outs.

Yeah. Bring back Rob Spence. Signed Cooter Booters.***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:28 AM

null

Message was edited by: AThomas®

idk, did rob ever beat the coots?

Sep 3, 2014, 9:35 AM

asking for a friend

Definte "beat" Asking for a friend as well.... Ewe no him***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:37 AM

it's been a loooooooooooong time...

Sep 3, 2014, 9:47 AM

photo scar_zps1ab4957b.jpg

it was wise of you to ask.

;)

Lighten up, Francis***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:36 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Leave me out of it.***

Sep 3, 2014, 1:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

this is a hard one for me...

Sep 3, 2014, 9:37 AM

I like Chad, and I've been a fan of his for a while (even at Tulsa)... However, I completely agree that sometimes the calling is headscratching.

I'm torn on this "blame" thing. I hear ya, and I understand what you're saying... but I guess I don't really see the part of blaming everyone else.

Some want to say "he should be like Venables". Hell, Venables is fired up and mad, but I haven't heard him say he called a bad game. He blames missed assignments, lack of heart, etc...

I hear ya, but I'm just torn on this one.

But I do agree the calling should have been much better.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: this is a hard one for me...

Sep 3, 2014, 1:26 PM

https://twitter.com/ClemsonSports/status/249847558879449088

Football fans across the nation have fired and rehired

Sep 3, 2014, 9:44 AM

coaches since the first game was played.

That's because all of us are experts, while the staffs are our minions to do our bidding.

Frankly, I've supported that proposition all my life. lol

Maybe CM knows something that you don't...

Sep 3, 2014, 10:00 AM

Ever considered that?

How do we know he did???

I have watched CM call bombs from his own end zone. He did it over and over with Sammy and Tahj. You say he acts like a crybaby but how do we know he wasn't calling those plays and our team just wasn't executing. All I saw was our QB's getting creamed by their rush. Doesn't matter what play you call if the other team out executes you. I think they also came into this game with a very conservative game plan. Right or wrong we had a QB starting his first game and another one that had never played at this level. If he had come out and called the game like Tahj was playing I guarantee there would have been more pics - regardless of the QB who threw them. We are spoiled thinking this team should perform like we are used to from the last three years. Give them time and they will get there. CM is not the problem. Dabo and BV are not the problem. Over and over the coaches said they were excited at our position going into the 4th quarter. And over and over the players said they didn't execute and didn't have good effort. That is on them not the coaches.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2014, 10:16 AM

Chad was going to man up but thought better of it after looking at his savings acct. Today if you admit failure, will open the door to being fired. Not enough $$$$$ in acct to open that door yet.

True***

Sep 3, 2014, 10:26 AM

Head coaches are more prone to admit to fault.

Even though he makes more than most hc's

Sep 3, 2014, 10:20 AM

And what Division 1 football team have you been the OC for? Just wondering what gives you the experience to make that call.

Sep 3, 2014, 11:06 AM

I don't think that any of us are OCs. And most likely none of us could coordinate a JV offense. But we are T-Netters that can and will talk about what we saw, think, and believe might could have worked. And there isn't nothing you can do about it, ha ha.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2014, 10:33 AM

He does make mistakes that he him self never owns up to. I'm not calling him to a cry baby, but he doesn't take ownership for what he does. There has been times, and one specifically, we could have beat the coots if he hadn't gotten away from the running game. And we had a RB that could do the job, he didn't stick with him. And that RB is starting for the Arizona Cardinals right now. But when we don't have a good RB, he feeds him. And I'm personally being a cry baby about that. Its like he is trying to prove a point to Dabo because Dabo want us to run the ball more, and Chad doesn't. I have heard Chad say that he loves throwing the ball. And that maybe why we didn't see more of Gallman. Some times people will cut their nose off to spite their face to prove their point. Not in anyway shape or form am I saying that Chad would lose a game to prove his point, b/c I don't think that he would intentionally. But why have we been hearing about how violet of a runner Gallman has been in practice, and not feed him the ball when we badly needed him b/c of "bad field position". Heyyyy, and Gallman did look the part of a good RB the two plays he had.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree***

Sep 3, 2014, 10:39 AM

But he's not a top payed head coach yet

Maybe this shows his true intentions

Agreed that he gets too conservative but still great coach***

Sep 3, 2014, 11:10 AM

when you want to do something you like & it's not working,

Sep 3, 2014, 11:24 AM

but someone else tells you to do something that probably will work, but it's not your own idea...i know very few people (just human nature) who are going to give their all & truly commit to doing what the other suggests (even if they're your boss).

am i wrong?

everyone does spiteful stupid things, whether intentionally or subconsciously...

you don't repeat the same thing over & over wanting different results.
if one player isn't the hot hand & killing it, try the next up.

don't play seniority or a guy just because he's been there & may know more of the plays. he HAS to execute!

we had the perfect opportunity to try some different guys & plays in a nothing to lose situation in the 3rd but mainly 4th quarters and we didn't take advantage or utilize the situation to provide any spark or extra drive.

for the money we're paying, & to keep recruits wanting to come here by them knowing they at least get a chance to shine....that should change, if you can't do it the hard-headed way, try another approach!

Re: when you want to do something you like & it's not working,

Sep 3, 2014, 3:14 PM

Ahhh, another T-Netter nails it!!!

No I don't....I take my whoopin like a man...***

Sep 3, 2014, 2:06 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic