Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How do we feel about Cuomo telling bars
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

How do we feel about Cuomo telling bars

Jul 24, 2020, 10:42 AM

what KIND of food they have to serve in order to be open. Slippery slope folks.

I dont like the optics nor the politics of this all. Terrible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My hotel breakfast yesterday was straight depressing.

Jul 24, 2020, 10:43 AM

A pre-packaged heated up frozen Jimmy Dean sandwiches and stuff. Wound up going to Dunkin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Bad news amigo....

Jul 24, 2020, 12:05 PM

If it came from Dunkin, it was likely pre-packaged heated up frozen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't get food, just coffee there.

Jul 24, 2020, 12:12 PM

That said, they actually use toasters and ovens at Dunkin', not throw something in the microwave, so there's a marginal difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You're lucky. I wonder if Lakebum is still upset

Jul 24, 2020, 12:09 PM [ in reply to My hotel breakfast yesterday was straight depressing. ]

over the Donkin Donits in his town getting burned down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1IXyujNbVE

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

So I'm a yankee now too? Krispy Kreme or GTFO***

Jul 24, 2020, 12:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really. Just a Godsend that it wasn't Golden Corral.***

Jul 24, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to You're lucky. I wonder if Lakebum is still upset ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You ever tried to conduct legal business in G/C???

Jul 24, 2020, 1:28 PM

You'd end up with Chocolate Wonderfall, spagetti sauce, taco meat, and sawmill gravy all over your paperwork.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I've been to Shamokin.

Jul 24, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to You're lucky. I wonder if Lakebum is still upset ]

Dunkin Donuts is one of the highlights of the town. That and a bunch of places to get NY style pizza.

Town name.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto, but it's no Conshohocken.***

Jul 24, 2020, 1:01 PM

Conshy feels like a metropolitan city compared to Shamokin

Jul 24, 2020, 1:03 PM

Right in the middle of everything surrounded by business parks.

Shamokin is surrounded by meth parks and coal, but has some good outdoor rec areas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but they still have a Wawa and we don't.***

Jul 24, 2020, 1:12 PM

Those PA Wawa's dont serve beer

Jul 24, 2020, 1:18 PM

I almost shot a load when visiting the ones in FL and VA. Could buy a tastycake, meatball sub and beer at the same place.

I hope these democrat mayors and governors torture their...

Jul 24, 2020, 10:44 AM

citizens to the point that they turn their backs on the democrat party. I love it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently he just closed a loophole.

Jul 24, 2020, 10:49 AM

Bars were selling like a bag of chips, so technically they're selling food.

Also...

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The optics suck no matter what happens

Jul 24, 2020, 10:54 AM

Optics of a 200,000 deaths, or more, or forcing people to wear masks and scrutinize modes of contact and restrict freedoms. It sux either way, and Americans don't like anything sucking.

As a side note, to provide a little more context, this is nothing new what Como is talking about and the restrictions he's placing. Heck, before the pandemic Columbia passed an ordinance requiring straight up bars had to close at a certain time but could stay open later if they sold food. Immediately a bunch of bars purchased a few microwaves and some microwave pizzas and started selling those, making them a "restaurant" instead of a bar. It didn't fly. Same principle in NY. And this was long before covid. Here, read up.

But there's a sudden need for bars to become restaurants to stay open because of covid, but that urge, and the problems you're mentioning, have happened long before covid. Same game being played now for a different reason.

You see, only servers in restaurants and hotels can mix a cocktail or pour a shot in South Carolina. But critics say many establishments have skirted that law — with state regulators' consent — by heating up a hot dog in a microwave or offering other minimal fare.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/article209970389.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The optics suck no matter what happens

Jul 24, 2020, 11:01 AM

bars have been doing this for decades. There is one by my house that has chips and nabs on the wall.

Moving the goal posts is bad optics.

Tiggity, if you want to be miserable and run scared for years on end, that is your perogative, but most of us just want to live our lives and business owners just want to pay the rent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The optics suck no matter what happens

Jul 24, 2020, 12:04 PM

One cannot call selling chips and peanuts a meal to avoid being shutdown. Simply silly on all levels.

Simply put bars are a big vector for infections, if it was just the fools in thebars cool ,let them attempt to win a Darwin Award but they leave and spread it. That is not cool.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There aren't many, but one bright spot of this situation

Jul 24, 2020, 11:10 AM

is the closing of bars.

I strongly believe that there are people alive today who would have been killed by a drunk driver if the bars had not been closed.

It would be interesting to compare the accidents related

Jul 24, 2020, 11:40 AM

to drunk driving for the past 4 months vs. normal times...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it would.***

Jul 24, 2020, 12:00 PM

It's guaranteed to be down.......traffic in most places

Jul 24, 2020, 12:11 PM [ in reply to It would be interesting to compare the accidents related ]

is down by half or more, so all accidents surely have to be down by half or more, no?

Haven't seen any data, but I would imagine

the general lockdown state of things has reduced accidental deaths significantly in the last few months.

How about the wives and gfs saved from beatings?***

Jul 24, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to There aren't many, but one bright spot of this situation ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes sir.***

Jul 24, 2020, 12:00 PM

What about the numerous divorces from

Jul 24, 2020, 12:07 PM [ in reply to There aren't many, but one bright spot of this situation ]

spouses who are only tolerable when one is buzzed?

Or the suicides caused by living with a succubus?***

Jul 24, 2020, 12:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do we feel about Cuomo telling bars

Not at all, we have our own problems with our goober for a Governor,

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic