Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Help stop proposed Oregon gun law, defend the 2nd amendment.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 921

Help stop proposed Oregon gun law, defend the 2nd amendment.

Feb 21, 2019, 7:43 AM

Oregon is going to be voting on a new gun law this year that will be the most draconian gun law in the country.

Among other things, this law will ban all "assault weapons", which they define as any rifle with a detachable magazine (literally 99% of rifles, including bolt action hunting rifles), will ban magazines that hold more than 5 rounds, and will only allow gun owners to purchase 20 rounds of ammo per month. Not to mention, vast expansions of background checks and permits, as well as outright gun confiscation without due process.

If you are a gun owner and like AR style rifles, Radian Weapons (based out of Oregon) will be selling special edition Radian Raptor charging handles. All of the proceeds will be used to oppose this new law in Oregon.

These charging handles will go on sale on Radian's website at 10am Pacific time today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuHLohLHuqc/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, there goes any chances of moving to Oregon.

Feb 21, 2019, 8:49 PM

I won't live in a state that criminalizes the Constitution.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Welp, there goes any chances of moving to Oregon.

Feb 21, 2019, 10:30 PM

I mean, how long between rounds did you have to reload on those revolutionary war era muskets, 20-30 seconds? And I think it is a pretty dumb law. If you really wanted to save lives, ban hand guns instead. Charleston Heston would reanimate from his grave.

Feb 22, 2019, 10:35 AM

Tigerbalm1®

I found a gun that suits you

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnsMVIJnw3I/

Sigh...Banning handguns would not save any lives.

Feb 22, 2019, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Welp, there goes any chances of moving to Oregon. ]

It just limits the ability of law-abiding citizens to defend themselves the way they prefer.

Plus the Founding Fathers had the 2nd Amendment so that the government would be checked by the populace. The idea that any founding father would be even remotely pro-gun control is wholly ignorant of the historical context of the Constitution.

Re: Sigh...Banning handguns would not save any lives.

Feb 22, 2019, 2:58 PM

handguns kill, what 2o-30k a year? hmm. seems it is a good place to start if you are serious about policy that would accomplish anything.

How do intelligent people keep saying that?

Feb 22, 2019, 4:31 PM

Handguns do not kill any people. Handguns are a tool that people use to kill others and themselves. There are others. Removing a popular tool for something does not remove the something. That should be very obvious.

The entire premise of banning certain guns or magazines is based upon layers of logical fallacy. Like... OBVIOUS logical fallacies. Add the fact it is unconstitutional and clearly politically motivated, and what you have is a painfully stupid argument.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2013/05/07/doj-gun-violence-down-semi-automatics-a-minor-issue/

https://www.range365.com/criminals-dont-get-guns-from-stores-gun-shows-doj-survey

Re: Sigh...Banning handguns would not save any lives.

Feb 22, 2019, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Sigh...Banning handguns would not save any lives. ]

20-30K?

No, more like ~8,000. Almost all of which are stolen or acquired through otherwise illegal means.

Feb 22, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Welp, there goes any chances of moving to Oregon. ]

Right?

Sadly, Radian Weapons is located in Oregon, and so is Noveske.

How are they criminalizing the Constitution?

Feb 22, 2019, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Welp, there goes any chances of moving to Oregon. ]

Even Justice Scalia, who wrote the majority opinion in the Heller case (that overturned the DC handgun ban), said that the Second Amendment is not unlimited.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How are they criminalizing the Constitution?

Feb 22, 2019, 2:10 PM

Tactical nukes and ICBM's are about where the 2nd Amendment's limitations begin.

Remember, back when the 2nd Amendment was written, people didn't just own "muskets". Private citizens also owned cannons and warships. The early American Navy was nothing but private ships. And, these ships had enough firepower to destroy small cities. Ever hear the story of Black Beard holding Charleston hostage?

The SCOTUS has repeatedly botched the Constitution.

Feb 22, 2019, 2:21 PM [ in reply to How are they criminalizing the Constitution? ]

There are no limits to the 2nd Amendment as it was written and intended as a counter to the abuse of power of the government.

I have a Constitutional right to arm myself whatever way I see fit. The idea of disarming law abiding citizens as a means of limiting the deaths from mass shootings is about as blatantly unconstitutional as you can get.

Re: The SCOTUS has repeatedly botched the Constitution.

Feb 22, 2019, 4:36 PM

To expand upon your point: almost all gun control is totally arbitrary and, often, has racist origins.

For example, it is legal for me to own a rifle with a barrel length of 16 inches or longer.

However, if I cut .5 of an inch off of that barrel and make it a 15.5 inch barrel, I will be arrested, charged with a felony, and given a 10 year prison sentence.

The law dictating barrel lengths on rifles and shotguns stems from the need to have a shorter barrel on a rifle or shotgun to adequately defend yourself in tight quarters in places such as an inner city apartment. Most minorities live in the inner city, and back in the 1930's, the US government supported segregation and a number of other racist laws, and thus enacted certain federal gun laws to prohibit minorities from owning guns.

I've heard that argument. Not sure I buy that one, BUT

Feb 22, 2019, 4:39 PM

I do know for a fact that several other layers of gun control were targeted specifically at blacks or other minorities. California's open carry ban was clearly a reaction to the Black Panthers. But they were, many times, intentionally using rifles as intimidation... which should not be legal. So even that is debatable whether or not racism was a factor.

Re: I've heard that argument. Not sure I buy that one, BUT

Feb 22, 2019, 4:54 PM

I used to debate that myself, but given how far our government will go to infringe on us, I tend to side with the People. Particularly in communities that have been significantly victimized.

Plus, highlighting the vast reasons behind gun control helps put into perspective that, regardless of race, gender, etc. etc., at the end of the day it all boils down to "the People" vs. "The Government", and the social divisions within this country only perpetuate due to our government seeking to divide and conquer.

Guns provide a physical media to set aside difference, and embody the need for self defense. When those 2 points are realized, then everyone can see that regardless of differences, the need to bear arms to defend your individual rights is universal and is a common ground for all people to unify against a tyrannical power.

I agree with you. I support everyone's rights to protect

Feb 22, 2019, 7:29 PM

themselves and their families and I can see very clearly why many minorities may prefer protecting themselves rather than relying on the system.

There are no limits to the first amendment either...

Feb 22, 2019, 4:52 PM [ in reply to The SCOTUS has repeatedly botched the Constitution. ]

as written, but somehow "free speech zones" are a thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No argument from me there.***

Feb 22, 2019, 7:20 PM

what is the function of a charging handle?***

Feb 22, 2019, 2:49 PM

Re: what is the function of a charging handle?***

Feb 22, 2019, 4:44 PM

The charging handle is the component used to "####" the gun. On a shotgun, this is the equivalent of the pump action.

This is a standard or "mil spec" style charging handle, you could call it an "OEM charging handle":

The charging handle I made my OP about is made by Radian Weapons and is an enhanced design. The standard AR-15 comes in a right handed only configuration. Because shooting is becoming more popular, the need for ambidextrous controls is becoming popular. So Radian made these so you can "####" or "charge" the gun either right or left handed. Likewise, the Radian handle is made from stronger materials, and has a slightly different design to keep the gasses sealed inside the gun if you are using a suppressor or silencer on the gun:

Replies: 19
| visibility 921
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic